Will Covid force Notre Dame to join ACC as a full member? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Will Covid force Notre Dame to join ACC as a full member?

Is this the first known move to an earlier date in the COVID era?

I'd like to think that by Sept 2021, the COVID era will be over.

Maybe Disney found a better Labor Day night matchup?

Is this the first known move to an earlier date in the COVID era?
They probably moved it to Sunday so Notre Dame can play the following Saturday.
Going Monday to Saturday can only happen if you play a FCS tomato can.
Notre Dame played Louisville this year on Labor Day but because this was a double bye season they just took a bye week 2.
In 2021 there aren’t 2 byes so they aren’t wasting their only bye week 2.

Notre Dame doesn’t play FCs teams.
So ESPN will get good ratings for the Sunday game. Notre Dame played Texas on a Sunday night in 2015 or 2016.

The ACC will put a conference game most likely on Monday the 6th.

I'd like to think that by Sept 2021, the COVID era will be over.

wB166cm.gif

youre still not getting it.

when the power schools leave the NCAA, all bets are off.

the conferences as you know it, will no longer be necessary.

everyone will want equal $$ or the real cream of the crop will want more than the bottom feeders.

the only way to do this is to eliminate any conf affiliation.

go 8x9 or 9x9 and as a group, negotiate with everyone like the NFL does.

they could even do A,B,C & D tiers for $$.

let B-D jockey for payouts.
kaiser, no one is going to pay for those schools to play inter squad games. They need the other schools that the leagues provide. The logic you are using says that the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Cubs, the Dodgers could break away. Or using football, the pats, the Cowboys and the other usual suspects. The leagues get more popular when they have expanded. If all of those fans from the schools that don't get the invite aren't as interested in a playoff of elite schools. it won't bring the $$ they think it will.

kaiser, no one is going to pay for those schools to play inter squad games. They need the other schools that the leagues provide. The logic you are using says that the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Cubs, the Dodgers could break away. Or using football, the pats, the Cowboys and the other usual suspects. The leagues get more popular when they have expanded. If all of those fans from the schools that don't get the invite aren't as interested in a playoff of elite schools. it won't bring the $$ they think it will.
its much deeper than that, but i can see why you think that.

i am talking about 72 or 81 colleges though.

i just dont see the need to call a group the SEC or the ACC etc...

in theory, the big boys could protect lets say 5 games a year that they 'must' have, 5 games v some local also rans and 2 v some real competition from throughout the country chosen by a scheduling czar.

aTM plays south carolina every year and doesnt play texas.

got to think out of the box and trying to spark some brainstorming.

in theory, the big boys could protect lets say 5 games a year that they 'must' have, 5 games v some local also rans and 2 v some real competition from throughout the country chosen by a scheduling czar.

That could work.

A&M plays South Carolina because the SEC does like the ACC and has protected cross-division games.

Florida-LSU
Alabama-Tennessee
Georgia-Auburn
Kentucky-Mississippi State
Ole Miss-Vanderbilt
Arkansas-Missouri
South Carolina-Texas A&M

They play because Arkansas wants to play Missouri as they border states and can be rivals.

Texas has refused to schedule to A&M since A&M left.

The SEC, Big Ten are absolute cash cows.
ACC, Big XII, Pac-12 make really good money as well.

They aren’t going to split up unless they are forced to by the NCAA and the NCAA won’t do that.

A&M plays South Carolina because the SEC does like the ACC and has protected cross-division games.

Florida-LSU
Alabama-Tennessee
Georgia-Auburn
Kentucky-Mississippi State
Ole Miss-Vanderbilt
Arkansas-Missouri
South Carolina-Texas A&M

They play because Arkansas wants to play Missouri as they border states and can be rivals.

Texas has refused to schedule to A&M since A&M left.

The SEC, Big Ten are absolute cash cows.
ACC, Big XII, Pac-12 make really good money as well.

They aren’t going to split up unless they are forced to by the NCAA and the NCAA won’t do that.
why would those teams each pay a league office salary??

they dont need the conferences, the conferences need them.

does the NFC East have a commissioner??

The AFC East, West etc...

why would those teams each pay a league office salary??

they dont need the conferences, the conferences need them.

does the NFC East have a commissioner??

The AFC East, West etc...
Because colleges play more than just football and basketball.
They need a commissioner to negotiate television deals, sponsorship agreements, coordinate officials, schedules, enforce rules, lobby politicians etc.

The NFL is different than college football because it’s only one sport.
The NFL doesn’t have basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf etc.

When the P5 conferences start working together in negotiating deals, then we will see the real value of the sports. As long as the TV networks can keep the P5 conference deals separate from each other, the TV networks will control the money. Once the P5 conferences begin to work together, they will maximize their real potential. This is probably at least a decade or two away from being discussed.

If the above happens, realignment can be accomplished regionally. Just like the Pros.*

*Hint: Not all alignments are perfect in the pros, see Dallas in the NFC East. We can expect a few exceptions to the rule.

Because colleges play more than just football and basketball.
They need a commissioner to negotiate television deals, sponsorship agreements, coordinate officials, schedules, enforce rules, lobby politicians etc.

The NFL is different than college football because it’s only one sport.
The NFL doesn’t have basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf etc.
I covered that already.

your precious conferences still run all the olympic sports under the NCAA blanket.

When the P5 conferences start working together in negotiating deals, then we will see the real value of the sports. As long as the TV networks can keep the P5 conference deals separate from each other, the TV networks will control the money. Once the P5 conferences begin to work together, they will maximize their real potential. This is probably at least a decade or two away from being discussed.

If the above happens, realignment can be accomplished regionally. Just like the Pros.*

*Hint: Not all alignments are perfect in the pros, see Dallas in the NFC East. We can expect a few exceptions to the rule.
BOOM.

at least 1 guy i wouldnt suspect is reading my posts here.

thank you.

I covered that already.

your precious conferences still run all the olympic sports under the NCAA blanket.
Your idea isn’t happening but god bless ya for continuing this thread it’s one of the reasons if I spent 12 months and got people to do interviews could write a hell of a book on college athletics and realignment.

Your idea isn’t happening but god bless ya for continuing this thread it’s one of the reasons if I spent 12 months and got people to do interviews could write a hell of a book on college athletics and realignment.
all i want you to admit is it makes sense.

it likely wont happen because the conferences have brainwashed the presidents, but if the ADs ever get a shot at this, good lord would they take it.

all i want you to admit is it makes sense.

it likely wont happen because the conferences have brainwashed the presidents, but if the ADs ever get a shot at this, good lord would they take it.

Your idea is what the Big East football conference tried to do and what the English Premier League in soccer do.

They pay more money to where you finish in the standings and attendance your team gets.

Your idea is pure capitalism. Conferences are corporations.
Alabama could make money if they didn’t treat Vanderbilt like an equal partner but they value Vanderbilt and don’t demand more.

You want the big dogs to be Notre Dame. They aren’t going to be Notre Dams.

Your idea is what the Big East football conference tried to do and what the English Premier League in soccer do.

They pay more money to where you finish in the standings and attendance your team gets.

Your idea is pure capitalism. Conferences are corporations.
Alabama could make money if they didn’t treat Vanderbilt like an equal partner but they value Vanderbilt and don’t demand more.

You want the big dogs to be Notre Dame. They aren’t going to be Notre Dams.
i want a little of both.

if we are going to pay players, i want an even playing field.

...as best we can.

What does this mean for 2021 and forward though? Is this a one year deal?

What does this mean for 2021 and forward though? Is this a one year deal?
NBC might have a word or two to say about this. Obviously, money talks and baloney walks but when would NBC give up a cash cow to ESPN?

I am perfectly content helping out ND and maintaining the status quo after years of hoping and praying for security. I’ll take the ACC in its current form for years to come

NBC might have a word or two to say about this. Obviously, money talks and baloney walks but when would NBC give up a cash cow to ESPN?
I would assume that ND's home games (4 plus the possibility of an OOC game) would still go to NBC. Everyone gets a slice of the pie, albeit a smaller slice of a smaller pie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom