Winter Workouts begin: Monday 2/8/2021 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Winter Workouts begin: Monday 2/8/2021

Maybe it's just me, and I totally get what he's trying to say, but I really don't like the use of the term 'killer'.

Sorry, I just don't.
Ok but im sure the kid gets it and loves it.

Sean Tucker...game weight roughly 205 putting up 330 three times pretty clean. He isn't messing around about being rb#1. Love it! Low center of gravity...great strength...good vision...I am feeling multiple 100 plus yard games in Tucks 2021 future.
And he used a pretty close grip too. I bet he could handle more with a wider grip. I like the close grip though. It probably translates better.

I’ve had chit shoulders since high school. I had tendinitis and ignored it because summer basketball/baseball leading into football.

If I’m doing heavy bench I should avoid going down to my chest if I want to avoid having aching shoulders the rest of the week?
I would. I like to stop when my upper arm is parallel to the floor. I also don't go crazy wide with my grip. I've never been a heavy bencher. I've dealt with crummy shoulders since my 20's.

And he used a pretty close grip too. I bet he could handle more with a wider grip. I like the close grip though. It probably translates better.
Yes it does to football. Used to have my kids do a lot of closegrip incline dumbbells too so they get throwing hands.

Yes it does to football. Used to have my kids do a lot of closegrip incline dumbbells too so they get throwing hands.
Since they're harder to control, dumbbells are great for kicking in stabilizers too.

Question. Why in the last video lifting were they using a block of wood on their chest but not this time?

With the wood, it's mainly used for weak points. For example, if you're deadlifting, if you struggle going through the lift, many will do rack pulls from the knees or below to start, you strengthen that portion of the lift. Then, you lower it to the shins to strengthen that point. Eventually you get to the actual movement where everything is synced. So for benching, guys may have trouble locking out at the top of the lift. That's where the blocks come in. Some may go 3 boards, then 2 boards, then a single board. Then, you go no board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom