WMU Game Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have. Our top rb had like 400 yds.
How much are our running backs averaging per carry? Aren’t all the rushing yards coming from Dungey running QB counter? I don’t give the o line credit for that.

There is a lot to be concerned about in regards to our coaching here today. Happy we look like we are going to pull this one out but Babers did not silence anybody after our debacle in the third quarter.

This should have been a laugher.

Wasn’t Butler supposed to be a burner? He barely got any separation from those guys all game. Where was Pierce?!
What game are you watching. There was plenty of separation between Butler and the ball when it was thrown to him. That must be what they meant.

I’d be fine if this was a back-and-forth game. But we were up 34 to 7 at halftime. The second half has been horrible outside of a few good series.
Our D needs speed. It wasn’t like our D was dominating them to start. They made plays in the first half.
We give up way too many explosion plays.
Those need to stop. Play the safeties deeper and dare teams to run.

Can’t lie. I’ve been all in, but my faith is shaken a little bit today.

Hoping there’s something I don’t know on Dungey, and just a bad game. But...I really can’t find a reason not to kick the FG there?

With ot without the FG it's still a 3 possession game. And I would rather they get the ball 98 yards away rather than 75 or 80

There is another thread alluding to certain promises made to Devito regarding playing time as far as that decision goes...

Man. College sports are something.

Regardless, it’s easy to say from here but: play him next week. Play him when we’re up or down big...LATER in the game. Play him if we’re out of bowl contention. Play him if God forbid there’s an injury.

Honestly I could live with the one series. But Eric should’ve been back in to start the second half.

What game are you watching. There was plenty of separation between Butler and the ball when it was thrown to him. That must be what they meant.

Same game as you. He dropped a couple in traffic. I didn’t see a lot of separation all game plus he wasn’t targeted much.

There is a reason dungey sat in the third beyond playing the future. Babers knee this game wasn’t over. He knows our D is a joke. Cmon. This was just the proof he needed.
There is 100% no question about that.
Dungey’s throwing shoulder was taped more and more every series in the 2nd half.
What was not silenced is the dungey injury prone rumors.

Western Michigan isn’t the best team in the MAC but no doubt they are at worst a mid-MAC team.
So while we as fans may hate the defensive effort in the 2nd half this was a good win.

I get the decision to give DeVito significant playing time. Those 2 quarters were like riding the bull hanging on like life depended on it. There are some great reasons for doing it no doubt. I'm fortunate to be gainfully employed in the job that has nothing to do with football. Go SU!

Hey guys, it could be worse! Mich State is up by 6 against Utah State! Just saying

Same game as you. He dropped a couple in traffic. I didn’t see a lot of separation all game plus he wasn’t targeted much.

He was definitely open on a couple deep balls that the qbs missed on.

That first down ruined the chance at our FG, them scoring 2 TDs with 2 point conversions and we could have seen overtime and had more football!

(I would have gone to bed and picked a new favorite team in the morning).

You still don't get my sense of humor. I was JOKING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom