WMU Game Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current mood:
4A3D05C8-1644-4475-BBD4-B2C89EB46C8E.gif

We did it!

Damn. 1 yard away from our rbs having as many tds in the opener as they did LAST SEASON. Yet I'm having to arguecwith folks whether or not our line has improved.

Do you realize our rbs scored a total of 5 rushing tds last year and have 4 tonight? Think about how that occurs.
Longest TD for one of our RBs was 3 yards! Neal avg 3 per carry and Strick avg 3.5. I love your optimism if this inspires confidence in our o line.

Just win.

But my god, that defense. I was worried about the LBs. But now I’m worried about the DL and DBs too. And coordinator. But other than that, I think we’re set on that side of the ball.

How much are our running backs averaging per carry? Aren’t all the rushing yards coming from Dungey running QB counter? I don’t give the o line credit for that.
Neil 2.9 82 yards
Strickland 3.5 38 yards

Longest TD for one of our RBs was 3 yards! Neal avg 3 per carry and Strick avg 3.5. I love your optimism if this inspires confidence in our o line.

We ran a goalline offense for about 20 carries grinding out the clock in the 2nd half.

With ot without the FG it's still a 3 possession game. And I would rather they get the ball 98 yards away rather than 75 or 80

From Pop Warner to Vince Lombardi NO and I mean NO coach doesn't kick the FG to go up 23pts with over 5 minutes left. NONE.....except Dino. Really Stupid. And don't tell me it can't happen. You are wrong.

I'll take it even though it was ugly. There is a lot we can improve on. But we could also be where MSU is against Utah State (i.e. down 1 with 4:30 to go) so you can only be so upset.

If Dungey was hurt to the point he couldn’t return and we ended up blowing that huge lead, it would’ve been the perfect microcosm for a Syracuse football season. Promising start, Dungey gets hurt, blow everything up.

I understand the need to let Devito play but we were rolling and you don’t put Devito and keep him in the game as you saw the momentum shift after the third quarter fumble. Dumb move by Babers and he’s lucky Dungey bailed him out. You can get fired for losing games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom