Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St

i didnt watch the regular season but in the tourney game i saw of osu...cade was invisible and the rest of the team looked solid. i doubt they disappear without their "star"

I didn’t say they’d disappear. I said they may or may not be better than SHU.

Here's the thing, you actually don't know that. To be honest I am not certain anyone is 100% clear on how this went down. There are varying reports on when Kadary became unhappy and what caused his change on Syracuse. I read on here he was unhappy dating back to September. That is pre anything JB could of done. To me no one knows actually how this really went down. I think it's fair to say it's to bad it happened and that we all wish it could have worked out but no one but JB and Kadary actually know how it went and if I had to guess both sides contributed to things not working out the way we fans may have wanted. That said Kadary and Woody have moved on. We should as well. Good luck to them both. Once Cuse, always Cuse.
Our own Aaron Sorkin wrote a great scene in Newsroom where Jane Fonda talks about pretext. You just reminded me of that scene.

I think the last time JB talked about Woody publicly during the season was when Braswell had a slump after his good Pitt game. JB was basically saying “Woody will get the call” and then played him for 2 min at the end of the first half in the Clemson blowout.

It was the typical JB response to when the media and fans ask why so and so isn’t playing and his “see I told you so and so wasn’t ready” point being made.

I gotta ask- those saying Woody throwing shade is warranted.. ever publicly thrown a former employer under the bus on social media? Just saying...

If I am an OK state fan- maybe I am part laughing then part wondering what kind of kid are we getting.

Or a lover scorned. I’d be ticked if I were him or Kadary. Our 80 year old coach is throwing shade and not showing examples of maturity, why expect it from a 19 year old to be the bigger person.
Twisting yourself into knots trying to cover for two kids who didn’t want to be here.

Why might the coach who’s been here 45 years with his resume be able to say things in public, that a 17 or 18 kid can’t?! C’mon. I’m not sure I want kids who can’t take that limited heat, and I’m pro-player and wish JB wouldn’t do that as much.

I gotta ask- those saying Woody throwing shade is warranted.. ever publicly thrown a former employer under the bus on social media? Just saying...

If I am an OK state fan- maybe I am part laughing then part wondering what kind of kid are we getting.
Never. That stuff boomerangs back at you. He’s building a public record - add to it at ok state and best case scenario he’ll have to chat with NBA front offices. Those guys know JB too.

I’d tell my kid to treat everyone like gold.

So done this Coach Victor Monaros know who Woody was just playing for?

Screenshot_20210425-232243_Instagram.jpg

So done this Coach Victor Monaros know who Woody was just playing for?

View attachment 200329
I had to look up who OK State's coach is. Read 2 articles about him and still can't tell you any more than he played basketball at South Carolina and he is 1-1 in NCAA tournament games as a coach. He may very well be a great coach. Check back with me in 40+ years.

I had to look up who OK State's coach is. Read 2 articles about him and still can't tell you any more than he played basketball at South Carolina and he is 1-1 in NCAA tournament games as a coach. He may very well be a great coach. Check back with me in 40+ years.

The OK state coach can’t hold JB’s booger covered hanky (aka his pants).

I love Woody as a player and I have nothing against the transfer rules but Mike Boynton's best coaching move so far was hiring Cade Cunningham's brother as an assistant. He hasn't had another player sniff the league and JB has two multi-year forwards getting guaranteed money from that same timeframe.

Some of these AAU coaches/trainers/whoever just spew bs into kid's ears.

This new passive aggressive post transfer shade is lame and juvenile. This is now another social media post this time by someone in his corner throwing shade. Moving on is moving on.
#futurelottorypick says it it.

Good luck to the Woodman in Oklahoma City. Or Tulsa. Or Stillwater. Or whatever the hell Oklahoma State is located.

i mean...nothing he said is wrong. Needs a spellcheck...maybe a remedial English class or 3...but he's just bigging up his guy...who has indeed been slept on...and bigging up his coach...nothing controversial here.

I mean read between the lines. Also Woody was not slept on. He got an offer from SU that when it came he was a shell of the player he ended up being his final prep year. He got major run before CoVid and then something happened. It's absolutely throwing shade trying not to be obvious. That said- these kids want that more and more - stroke the ego, tell them they are right and commit to them playing time wise. I get it- it's just the world today.

Woody was a talent he contributed in limited minutes early season. Then he landed in the dog house and if what landed him in the dog house was what a lot of us heard it was shame on JB he did nothing wrong that no one else wasn't doing. I never criticize JB.

Woody was a talent he contributed in limited minutes early season. Then he landed in the dog house and if what landed him in the dog house was what a lot of us heard it was shame on JB he did nothing wrong that no one else wasn't doing. I never criticize JB.

“a lot of us”.

who are all these people? I know you aren’t one.

I mean read between the lines. Also Woody was not slept on. He got an offer from SU that when it came he was a shell of the player he ended up being his final prep year. He got major run before CoVid and then something happened. It's absolutely throwing shade trying not to be obvious. That said- these kids want that more and more - stroke the ego, tell them they are right and commit to them playing time wise. I get it- it's just the world today.
to me the key word is "playing" --- Woody wasn't playing.

2 sides to every story...but I bet the discourse in the okie st team is something along the lines of...how the hell was this guy not playing? we got a steal...etc

I read it as --- hey world, we got a player on our hands thats gonna be big time...more to the okie state fan base than shade on JB. ...and yeah maybe also a slight bit of ...hey JB how werent you playing this guy?...you did him dirty and you're gonna see something special from him...which, for me personally, as a lifelong syracuse fan, i have no problem with...

I agree that woody has been immature with some of his comments and social media for sure though...which is not a good look...regardless of if he was "done dirty" or not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom