Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St

Woody never gave Boeheim the finger but he damn sure gave him a piece of his mind on several occasions. He’s better off at OK state and wish the kid well
So let me get this straight...coaches in today’s game need to be more respectful of players, but it’s OK if players disrespect coaches?

The pendulum has swung too far.

Thought Woody certainly had promise but it's strange to see all this angst about him. Feels a bit like Kadary bleedover. We have 5 stars coming in this year and next already and likely to be more. I get the Kadary frustration (talked to death)but people are acting like Kevin Durant just transferred. Kinda crazy. Woody is certainly capable and he is also replaceable.

You can say that about any one player, but we also lost Braswell, Marek and Griffin hired an agent. So who does he have left for competition, especially if Quincy goes pro, too? That's why it hurts. He got a P5 offer. Woody will probably be a pretty good player for them.

I liked you Woody but this will never be the right orange. Not going to lie, I hope OSU sucks next year right along with Seton Hall.

Screenshot_20210416-233401_Instagram.jpg

You can say that about any one player, but we also lost Braswell, Marek and Griffin hired an agent. So who does he have left for competition, especially if Quincy goes pro, too? That's why it hurts. He got a P5 offer. Woody will probably be a pretty good player for them.
The three forwards coming in.

There’s clearly more to the story than playing time (Newton and Richmond both), but people refuse to acknowledge that.

Or a lover scorned. I’d be ticked if I were him or Kadary. Our 80 year old coach is throwing shade and not showing examples of maturity, why expect it from a 19 year old to be the bigger person.
Good point on maturity. Good point on JB. The players moved on for their own reasons and left with a tad lack of class. JBs shade is a flaw obviously and not a maturity issue, but he isn't handling any of this well. Next year will be even tougher in my opinion because I'll believe Junior isn't getting 25 plus minutes a night when I see it.

Ok...l hear your point but talk is just that...talk...Kadary would still be here if all that talk translated to the court...he was playing behind a guard less talented and restricted to driving the lane. His game would of never grown here until JG3 left. Coaches always tell recruits to come in ready to play then when they do everybody acts surprised...not playing/developing kids is gonna hurt us down the road...why do think its so hard finding a ready to play center. The game/kids have left Boeheim behind ...Roy William saw it.
I disagree. Kadary would have passed JG3 next season in minutes played and he would have been allowed to shoot 3s.

Wish them well. Both teams are pretty inconsequential to us. OKSU didn’t bring in any commits in their 2021 class to my knowledge. May see them make it to March, not so sure about Seton Hall.

Or a lover scorned. I’d be ticked if I were him or Kadary. Our 80 year old coach is throwing shade and not showing examples of maturity, why expect it from a 19 year old to be the bigger person.
JB didn’t take any shots at either of them on the way out the door. He rarely even talked about Woody publicly the last couple months of the season. And I’ve listed all the praise JB heaped on Kadary throughout the season. His “shade” consisted of a few comments about his conditioning, which KR has acknowledged, and the need to work on his jumper and fixing his form in the off-season. That is some very tepid shade. Kids have to be able to take such mild critiques. Why are so many posters here acting like JB was throwing him under the bus left and right? That just wasn’t the case. At all. For the record I don’t think that’s why KR left.

JB didn’t take any shots at either of them on the way out the door. He rarely even talked about Woody publicly the last couple months of the season. And I’ve listed all the praise JB heaped on Kadary throughout the season. His “shade” consisted of a few comments about his conditioning, which KR has acknowledged, and the need to work on his jumper and fixing his form in the off-season. That is some very mild shade. Why are so many posters here acting like JB was throwing him under the bus left and right? That just wasn’t the case. At all.
He might be referring the call in to Axe on the radio the other night. JB pretty much said that everything Kadary said was wrong and Seton Hall already has 5 guards

JB didn’t take any shots at either of them on the way out the door. He rarely even talked about Woody publicly the last couple months of the season. And I’ve listed all the praise JB heaped on Kadary throughout the season. His “shade” consisted of a few comments about his conditioning, which KR has acknowledged, and the need to work on his jumper and fixing his form in the off-season. That is some very tepid shade. Kids have to be able to take such mild critiques. Why are so many posters here acting like JB was throwing him under the bus left and right? That just wasn’t the case. At all. For the record I don’t think that’s why KR left.
The reason (as I see it) is that posters/haters have an axe to grind against the coach. 40 plus years as a winning coach is not enough for them. They believe that Syracuse should win every game no matter who they play. If they did win every game, then the haters would complain that the they should have won by a great margin. They are never satisfied.

I Recognize JAB as a Hall of Fame coach who has had difficulties providing his players equal time over his career. When he said players were not ready, he was right. Yet, haters have blamed him for any and all disaccord among the team.

Has his time come and gone? Maybe, but if the school is willing to leave him as coach, then sue the school not the coach.

Last edited:
why? I don't believe that we're scheduled to play either team next season, so why root for them to fail?
I didnt say I want Woody or Kadary to fail...but I wouldn't mind seeing their new teams stink and us do well :) I hope they do well individually.

If that was the case he'd still be here...Boehiem plays favorites and JG3 is a favorite and it didn't take Kadary two or three seasons to figure that out...
Here's the thing, you actually don't know that. To be honest I am not certain anyone is 100% clear on how this went down. There are varying reports on when Kadary became unhappy and what caused his change on Syracuse. I read on here he was unhappy dating back to September. That is pre anything JB could of done. To me no one knows actually how this really went down. I think it's fair to say it's to bad it happened and that we all wish it could have worked out but no one but JB and Kadary actually know how it went and if I had to guess both sides contributed to things not working out the way we fans may have wanted. That said Kadary and Woody have moved on. We should as well. Good luck to them both. Once Cuse, always Cuse.

True...I don't remember any shots taken at Woody but I could be forgetting. Kadary definitely has some ammo to use though. To be clear here, I have no issues with the kid saying he's in the right color orange now. Its all fun and games and thats how kids use their social media. I do think Woody seems a bit immature and both guys never showed any kind of respect for the programs they left but obviously they feel some type of way. Not a big deal and time to move on. I still hope they get to watch the team they left have more success then their new ones and thats because I'm a petty little chit who wants Cuse success. I don't wish bad on the players themselves and I hope they go on to do great!

maybe, maybe not. Osu was good this year because of Cade but weren’t much of anything the prior couple seasons. They lost Cade and might a couple others and don’t have a single HS kid in this class.
i didnt watch the regular season but in the tourney game i saw of osu...cade was invisible and the rest of the team looked solid. i doubt they disappear without their "star"

If that was the case he'd still be here...Boehiem plays favorites and JG3 is a favorite and it didn't take Kadary two or three seasons to figure that out...
According to Ryan Blackwell, whatever he figured out, he figured out in two or three days.

None of this makes sense if you don’t factor in the hints from dasher and that Richmond wound up at Seton Hall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom