Woody Newton | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? I was speaking of his eventually replacement. It’s not like if he inherits a bad roster he needs a five-year plan to overhaul it. The issue I was referring to is I’m not sure who this program will attract as a replacement and what our ceiling actually is currently. It’s a very weird time.
I’m more worried about who this program will attract for players while JB plays out the string.

How would they have been trolling the fans?

How were they not the victims of trolling by JB when they were DNP'd for scrubs?

How were we not trolled by JB not playing Kadary and Woody when they showed up far better than their recruitng rankings.
And played better in games than they did in practice. I think that’s what broke Jim. His fundamental tenet had been undermined and he just couldn’t compute.

Have to wonder if some kids are waiting to go into the portal until they have a confirmed destination through back channel dealings. Odd that Woody would wait this long if he is leaving considering what everyone has been saying about him transferring the past few weeks.

Has Woody given a Yes or No answer to leaving yet?

Why would or should he?

Kardary leaving would overshadow it and he'd get no attention which he probably wants/needs to get the best landing spot possible.

And Bras who plays his position and was ahead of him on the depth chart left unexpectedly opening up minutes and a path to PT.

I assume he'll announce around whenever Jimmy Jr is added and 40 mins per night on the wing go to him.

Him as a player. Difference between Ivy league and ACC.
Personally, I think if he’s playing major minutes, we’re in trouble. He would be best playing a complimentary role behind better athletes. However, his presence in the roster and JB’s perceived favoritism toward his sons, justified or not, may deter those athletes from selecting Syracuse.

Everyone is dismissing Q returning as well. I still think there’s a fairly decent chance he comes back.
I do too. I really like what a healthy QG adds to the team. But if he has hopes of going pro he would really seem to be a perfect candidate to work on a couple things and be the guy next season.

Yeah, taking that scrub Eli from East Carolina was a terrible decision. Totally wasted a scholly on somebody who never made an impact.
Another guy who had a year to learn the system in practice before he ever had a chance to play in a game. Not what will happen with this coming reload of the team. Has the potential to be epically bad if we lose everyone (KR, AG, RB, WN, MD, FA, JBA, QG, and BS). Man, I hope to God Benny actually comes to play from the jump.

I do too. I really like what a healthy QG adds to the team. But if he has hopes of going pro he would really seem to be a perfect candidate to work on a couple things and be the guy next season.
If Quincy comes back, we are looking at a starting front line of Jesse, Quincy and Benny. That’s decent height and not too bad physically. Benny is not a beanpole. Obviously Jesse needs to fill out, but hopefully he adds 20lbs before next season. I think Quincy and Benny compliment eachother. They both have fairly well rounded games. A pretty good set of bookend forwards. But, we need backups. It is a hard sell to transfers.

If Quincy comes back, we are looking at a starting front line of Jesse, Quincy and Benny. That’s decent height and not too bad physically. Benny is not a beanpole. Obviously Jesse needs to fill out, but hopefully he adds 20lbs before next season. I think Quincy and Benny compliment eachother. They both have fairly well rounded games. A pretty good set of bookend forwards. But, we need backups. It is a hard sell to transfers.
That would be great be great. I think it's a Dream!!!

If Quincy comes back and we add a decent third guard we are in decent shape, I wouldn't hold my breathe though.

Losing sleep? No I’m not losing sleep over the departures. But it is rather concerning when you’ve lost what is arguably one of the most talented group of freshman we’ve had in a long time and lost the entire class to transfer

Has Woody given a Yes or No answer to leaving yet?
Not officially, but does he really need to? I mean his best friend and roommate just left the program yesterday. He was obviously disgruntled during the season about his lack of playing time and roll. And we think he’s going to potentially stay?

Is Jimmy a difference maker and impact player in a major conference ?
No. Not even close to a difference maker. Below 30% career from 3 with a negative assist/turnover ratio in a far inferior league. We can all hope that he excels but we are absolutely guaranteed the worst zone in program history if he starts and plays 30+ mpg.

At this point no problem with Jimmy coming here as we need depth pieces. We also need more game-changing players. He is not one of them, which is fine. Most players on a team are not game-changing players, but have their roles. The issue will be, without the game-changing, higher level players, those role players can't fill the gaps needed to really be a top team.

This is best case scenario at this point. Next best case would be Q leaves but AG stays. If both are gone and Jimmy is getting 30+ mpg on the wing with Joe/Buddy getting 75 mpg in the backcourt we will be in serious, serious trouble.

At this point no problem with Jimmy coming here as we need depth pieces. We also need more game-changing players. He is not one of them, which is fine. Most players on a team are not game-changing players, but have their roles. The issue will be, without the game-changing, higher level players, those role players can't fill the gaps needed to really be a top team.
Exactly. Role players being pushed into significant roles is what crushes a teams ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom