WWE Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Pile driver is banned. Dangerous.

I can understand and respect that...but at the same time, what moves are/aren’t allowed for “danger” reasons sometimes doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. They put on a whole PPV based on kicking ladders into peoples faces. Nothing EVER goes wrong with that right? I remember Joey Mercury’s face being destroyed, Jericho’s tooth being broken, etc.

Power bombs onto the ring apron are a regular thing.

I feel like proven safe, veteran workers should get a bit more leeway.

Too many guys movesets feel to similar IMO. I can’t get over how many kicks are thrown these days.

I can understand and respect that...but at the same time, what moves are/aren’t allowed for “danger” reasons sometimes doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. They put on a whole PPV based on kicking ladders into peoples faces. Nothing EVER goes wrong with that right? I remember Joey Mercury’s face being destroyed, Jericho’s tooth being broken, etc.

Power bombs onto the ring apron are a regular thing.

I feel like proven safe, veteran workers should get a bit more leeway.

Too many guys movesets feel to similar IMO. I can’t get over how many kicks are thrown these days.
Certain veterans do. Ie taker still does the tombstone.

Well, they really shouldn't. After all, the crown prince who is paying them boatloads of money is the same crown prince accused of arranging for the kidnapping of the journalist.

OTOH, you've got Trump who rarely says a discouraging word about Saudi Arabia, and, of course, Linda McMahon, who heads up the Small Business Administration.

It ultimately comes down to two things, IMHO. (1) Does the outcry from Congress get so great that Trump feels forced to impose sanctions; and (2) Do WWE advertisers threaten to pull out?

What won't motivate WWE's decision?: Whether it's the right thing to do. We're talking a $50 mill deal here.

I think they're gonna do the show. But they shouldn't. And I say that as someone who owns their stock too

A few months back Foreign Affairs Canada send the following tweet (One single tweet), to release activists including a Canadian citizen:

"Canada is gravely concerned about additional arrests of civil society and women’s rights activists in #SaudiArabia, including Samar Badawi. We urge the Saudi authorities to immediately release them and all other peaceful #humanrights activists. "

Saudi Arabia responded to that one tweet by:
1) Kicking out all of our ambassadors and diplomats within a few days.
2) Immediately calling back all their post secondary students (8,300) and certain others working in Canada, plus all ambassadors.
3) No new trade deals would be allowed.
4) Banned the export of all Canadian grain.
5) Banned all flights in from / out to Canada

There was other large existing economic deals that have remained untouched.

Obviously the US has more power than Canada to move things, without criticism. but it will be interesting to see how much they want to push them.

Last edited:
A few months back Foreign Affairs Canada send the following tweet (One single tweet), to release activists including a Canadian citizen:

"Canada is gravely concerned about additional arrests of civil society and women’s rights activists in #SaudiArabia, including Samar Badawi. We urge the Saudi authorities to immediately release them and all other peaceful #humanrights activists. "

Saudi Arabia responded to that one tweet by:
1) Kicking out all of our ambassadors and diplomats within a few days.
2) Immediately calling back all their post secondary students (8,300) and certain others working in Canada, plus all ambassadors.
3) No new trade deals would be allowed.
4) Banned the export of all Canadian grain.
5) Banned all flights in from / out to Canada

There was other large existing economic deals that have remained untouched.

Obviously the US has more power than Canada to move things, without criticism. but it will be interesting to see how much they want to push them.

For whatever its worth, Kevin Owens, who is Canadian (french canadian, if it matters) just shot an injury angle to cover for knee surgery and will be out a few months. Won't be going to the show. Sami Zayn didn't go to the first one and is also out now.

I think they're gonna do the show. But they shouldn't. And I say that as someone who owns their stock too

They've removed all references to Saudi Arabia on the event page at WWE.com. Guess Vince is going with the "If we don't mention it, people will forget where the show is" philosophy.

They've removed all references to Saudi Arabia on the event page at WWE.com. Guess Vince is going with the "If we don't mention it, people will forget where the show is" philosophy.
Rumor is Vince is going to pull the show off the network and go over there and make it a private house show.
The show is worth 20 million dollar profit after paying talent Vince doesnt care about storylines so he will go.

Rumor is Vince is going to pull the show off the network and go over there and make it a private house show.
The show is worth 20 million dollar profit after paying talent Vince doesnt care about storylines so he will go.

I don't think Vince has any idea what he's going to do. We're still several news cycles away from this thing even beginning to die down. Of course he WANTS to go, but he's facing a huge backlash if he does. If you saw the first Saudi show, it was largely a paid commercial to the 'modern' new leadership of the country. They won't be able to do THAT this time.

So the “Women’s revolution” happens and we see hands down the best wrestling from women in WWE history. Not even close. So the first time they do an all women’s PPV, they bring in Trish Stratus, Lita, and the Bellas to headline. Lol. None of them in their primes were anywhere near the wrestlers they’ve had the last few years.

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin has withdrawn from a major economic summit in Saudi Arabia. This, after meeting with Trump and Pompeo. That pretty much leaves the WWE as the last decapitation enabler standing.

Khashoggi dead, confirmed by saudis.
If Vince goes thru with this show I honestly might sell my stock.
It’s disgusting if it goes on.
20 million dollars profit for a lot of his credibility.
This show is basically an informercial for Saudi Arabia and a party for the royal family.

If Vince goes thru with this show I honestly might sell my stock.
It’s disgusting if it goes on.
20 million dollars profit for a lot of his credibility.
This show is basically an informercial for Saudi Arabia and a party for the royal family.

There’s no way... how could he have it?

Also, how many shares do you own? Wish I got some when it was much lower

There’s no way... how could he have it?

Also, how many shares do you own? Wish I got some when it was much lower
I own 1250. Not a lot but it’s pretty valuable now.
I bought them when the stock was around 20 dollars per.
The TV deals made them shoot thru the roof.
Vince needs to cancel and just each the rough quarter in the name of doing what is right.

I own 1250. Not a lot but it’s pretty valuable now.
I bought them when the stock was around 20 dollars per.
The TV deals made them shoot thru the roof.
Vince needs to cancel and just each the rough quarter in the name of doing what is right.

Wow 1250 shares?! Yeah tv deals were huge

Wow 1250 shares?! Yeah tv deals were huge
Yeah it’s not even my best investment. In 2009 I bought 5000 Citi group stock when it was down to 1.20.
It was right around March 2009 when Cuse was going on it’s BET run it’s my investment if I cashed out would take care of my retirement.

Yeah it’s not even my best investment. In 2009 I bought 5000 Citi group stock when it was down to 1.20.
It was right around March 2009 when Cuse was going on it’s BET run it’s my investment if I cashed out would take care of my retirement.
I gotta get serious about learning investments.

Wait...Roman Reigns has leukemia? What???
That sucks. Not fan of his character but cancer sucks balls.
Hope he beats it and comes back.
He still shouldn’t be booked as a Superman.

The way he's been booked sucks. But, man. If that's true, all I can do is wish him the best.

He just opened Raw talking about it and left the belt in the ring.

As he was leaving, Rollins and Ambrose came out and hugged him and did the Shield fist bump. Rollins was tearing up.

He just opened Raw talking about it and left the belt in the ring.

As he was leaving, Rollins and Ambrose came out and hugged him and did the Shield fist bump. Rollins was tearing up.

Was watching NY/Atl. I know, I know.

I just feel terrible for him. Son of Sika of the Samoans. I remember them, and their manager, Capt. Lou Albano. I'm old.

BTW, it ain't over until the fat Crown Prince sings. From Wrestling Observer:

"As has been noted already, tickets for Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia were to go on sale Friday. They did not. The website in Saudi Arabia handling the tickets told people who asked that WWE has not confirmed to them that the show will go on."

Reigns is out, and Cena is rumored to be pulling out. It's not like WWE can do anything to Cena. They need him a lot more than he needs them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom