WWE Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

If you actually watched Raw last night you should be given a free subscription to the network.
My twitter feed has the 3 way fight segment and OMG it was so bad it was hilarious. That was an Anchorman level fight with how over the top stupid it was. My god they ruined their top star.

It’s sad how bad the buildup has been. Have mercy on the souls of people who are going to watch 7 hours of WM this week. I can’t watch it all.

from what I read here an other places I'm so glad I jumped ship in the mid 2000's after Austin and Rock were done.

If you actually watched Raw last night you should be given a free subscription to the network.
My twitter feed has the 3 way fight segment and OMG it was so bad it was hilarious. That was an Anchorman level fight with how over the top stupid it was. My god they ruined their top star.

It’s sad how bad the buildup has been. Have mercy on the souls of people who are going to watch 7 hours of WM this week. I can’t watch it all.

I could sign up for the free month and get WM for free and have no interest in doing so. That's how bad it's been. I won't watch for free.

I could sign up for the free month and get WM for free and have no interest in doing so. That's how bad it's been. I won't watch for free.
Yeah it’s so cheap that I don’t care to drop it.
10 bucks is nothing but the current product blows.
Watching Takeovers and old stuff is good when you are bored.

That fight segment was so bad on so many levels I would say I am shocked but I am not. First police never put people arrested in the same car. Unless it’s a small town and they don’t have a lot of officers. Then Becky and Ronda cissor fighting in the back was laughable and the “cop” opened Charlotte’s car which is so dumb I couldn’t not laugh.
It was so bad it was awesome if that makes sense. They don’t know to do story telling which is amazing.

Yeah it’s so cheap that I don’t care to drop it.
10 bucks is nothing but the current product blows.
Watching Takeovers and old stuff is good when you are bored.

That fight segment was so bad on so many levels I would say I am shocked but I am not. First police never put people arrested in the same car. Unless it’s a small town and they don’t have a lot of officers. Then Becky and Ronda cissor fighting in the back was laughable and the “cop” opened Charlotte’s car which is so dumb I couldn’t not laugh.
It was so bad it was awesome if that makes sense. They don’t know to do story telling which is amazing.

I watched part of Raw last night for the first time in many months, and caught that segment.

It looked like Charlotte blasted Ronda with that knee when she was trying to get out the window. That looked like she legitimately caught her with that.

I watched part of Raw last night for the first time in many months, and caught that segment.

It looked like Charlotte blasted Ronda with that knee when she was trying to get out the window. That looked like she legitimately caught her with that.
That knee to Ronda’s face looked like botch by Charlotte and Ronda could potato her or get her back on sunday
Charlotte really is turning into the female Roman Reigns storyline wise.
She doesn’t need to be in the match at all.

I watched the John Oliver piece about the WWE the other day. Kept harping about how all these wrestlers are dying young but very little about whether all these deaths were from career-related injuries or lack of adequate health insurance. It's strongly implied, with Jake the Snake the one concrete example but it would have been nice if a more water-tight case was presented. Obviously, any hit job on Vince McMahon is welcome but it was a disappointing report in terms of the evidence presented.

Of COURSE it was stupid. Of COURSE it was unrealistic. But I legit LOL'd. I especially enjoyed the kicking in the back of the police car ending in the window being kicked out. It was fun slapstick. I mean, it's not as if some of WM's most memorable moments weren't built on totally inane angles. It was part of the fun, a component that has been sadly lacking in WWE for some time. The 'E' stands for entertainment, doesn't it? I was entertained.

No, I'm still not watching the show. Way too many crappy matches with ineffective buildups. But, if I had been on the fence, this would have made me want to order it.

Just one semi-lapsed fan's opinion.

Last edited:
Of COURSE it was stupid. Of COURSE it was unrealistic. But I legit LOL'd. I especially enjoyed the kicking in the back of the police car ending in the window being kicked out. It was fun slapstick. I mean, it's not as if some of WM's most memorable moments weren't built on totally inane angles. It was part of the fun, a component that has been sadly lacking in WWE for some time. The 'E' stands for entertainment, doesn't it? I was entertained.

No, I'm still not watching the show. Way too many crappy matches with ineffective buildups. But, if I had been on the fence, this would have made me want to order it.

Honestly it was so bad it was great.
It was fun trainwreck segment the problem was Vince thought that would actually get the women over when it made them like they were 3 stooges.

Agreed on the humor.

I’ve never been one who really cared for this stuff or the Austin beer truck or the Kurt Angle milk truck stuff though.

I was entertained well enough though even if it was dumb. Like...how did Ronda get the car into drive? Lol.

It made me laugh because the story they have told among the 3 of them comes nowhere close to the behavior they are fighting each other at.
It’s suppose to be real but it’s so unrealistic it’s hilarious.

So I finally bought tickets to Mania. First mania I've ever been to. The card isn't exactly super enticing to me, but it's mania
I’m watching it, the boy is excited to see it in Giants Stadium,

So I finally bought tickets to Mania. First mania I've ever been to. The card isn't exactly super enticing to me, but it's mania
I’m watching it, the boy is excited to see it in Giants Stadium,

I’m not really into chuck wrestling anyway, well, at least not the PG kind.

Ill watch it because nothing else to do. Worth just having on in background. I have network, too. I watch many old ppvs. That's what I love, especially 99-03.

Honestly it was so bad it was great.
It was fun trainwreck segment the problem was Vince thought that would actually get the women over when it made them like they were 3 stooges.

I happen to tune in right at that segment. Don't have USA anymore but I was at my cousin's with her roommate, and asked to check out what was happening. I thought the segment went far too long. The two girls I was with know nothing about wrestling, so they were confused what they were watching. I did some high level explaining- this is scripted, trying to build up feuds, cops are not real, goal is to get crowd involved, etc. Still, it was a tough segment to explain, haha.

NXT last night. Man. Awesome show

I haven’t watched in so long that I don’t know any of the NXT wrestlers anymore.

Wonder if I’d still enjoy it?

I have a hard time with seeing NXT always putting on the better shows, and then knowing the majority of them will go to WWE and instantly become a minimum of 25% more lame. There’s only a handful that haven’t undergone that.

I’ve got a buddy(really more a friend of a friend) who was pushing me to go. Part of me wanted to...it would be my first WWE live event of any kind since seeing a Monday Night Raw and a few House shows at the Utica Memorial Auditorium in the early 90s. And at Giants Stadium? Reasonable distance away?

But the insanely long show just kills it. I don’t want to do anything on this Earth for 7 hours straight, other than sleep.

That and my buddy(or my buddy’s buddy...I try not to claim him) is a top 3 worst drunk ive ever seen and never has any money, so I’d end up bailing him out at some point.

I haven’t watched in so long that I don’t know any of the NXT wrestlers anymore.

Wonder if I’d still enjoy it?

I have a hard time with seeing NXT always putting on the better shows, and then knowing the majority of them will go to WWE and instantly become a minimum of 25% more lame. There’s only a handful that haven’t undergone that.

One reason why NXT is always the better show is b/c the shows are shorter, and the emphasis is on quality. 5 or six matches with only your very best.

The same formula is why NXT TV is always better than Raw or Smackdown. Shorter shows are much easier to book. You don't need to drag out angles to fill the time allotted. Also meaning, you don't end up killing the angles.

I’ve got a buddy(really more a friend of a friend) who was pushing me to go. Part of me wanted to...it would be my first WWE live event of any kind since seeing a Monday Night Raw and a few House shows at the Utica Memorial Auditorium in the early 90s. And at Giants Stadium? Reasonable distance away?

But the insanely long show just kills it. I don’t want to do anything on this Earth for 7 hours straight, other than sleep.

That and my buddy(or my buddy’s buddy...I try not to claim him) is a top 3 worst drunk ive ever seen and never has any money, so I’d end up bailing him out at some point.

That, plus the outdoor/weather issue is a worry for me, but it's Mania, and I've never been, so I'm going.

As for NXT, I only watch the takeovers, but they are just killer shows every time.

One reason why NXT is always the better show is b/c the shows are shorter, and the emphasis is on quality. 5 or six matches with only your very best.

The same formula is why NXT TV is always better than Raw or Smackdown. Shorter shows are much easier to book. You don't need to drag out angles to fill the time allotted. Also meaning, you don't end up killing the angles.

I hear you. Though back in the early Wrestlemania days, I enjoyed the cards with a lot of matches...even if a few matches were basically squash matches. I liked seeing everyone on the card, and I liked the unpredictable length of matches. It had more of a “anything can happen” feel.

I feel like now you know almost all of these matches are going a minimum of 10 minutes no matter what. You don’t even need to pay attention to much of the match because there’s no chance it’s ending.

Every big match has to be a 25 minute “epic” with numerous false finishes and dramatic kickouts, and then15 minutes between matches. It’s exhausting.

Give me some of the Mountie cheating to beat Tito Santana within 3 minutes, followed almost immediately by the next match.

That, plus the outdoor/weather issue is a worry for me, but it's Mania, and I've never been, so I'm going.

As for NXT, I only watch the takeovers, but they are just killer shows every time.

Oh, true. It’s going to be cold as hell once 7:30 or so hits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom