WWE Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

So much for that Gargano/Ciampa push. Tomasso Ciampa will be undergoing neck surgery this week, and will be out for a long time, according to Dave Meltzer. We're talking several months, at a minimum.

Also, since Gargano and Ciampa was the top feud in NXT, the NXT booking needs to be completely redone.

The Ronda stuff is getting real weird

Yep. They had a simple can't-miss storyline leading to either Becky/Ronda or the three-way at WM. Problem is, they had that simple can't miss storyline in January. Meaning Vince just had to put together one of those twists-and-turns Perils of Pauline Becky plots to get there. And, uh, Vince doesn't have it any more. I understand that kayfabe has long since been broken. But to remove the fig leaf of plausibility is to tell the fans that they're stupid. Keep telling your fans that it's 'fake' as opposed to sports entertainment, and you'll continue to lose fans. It's not just the women's match, Triple H did it in his promo on Bautista and that whole issue of a character he plays vs what's real.

I think they're flailing b/c of the ratings. Post-Wrestlemania could be a clusterbleep.

The Ronda stuff is getting real weird
Holy Chit I just read the tweets.
Wow Vince is saying screw you to the loyal fans.
He is clearly telling Ronda to say that stuff.
Ronda has run all over the women’s division hasn’t lost to anybody and she chits on her accomplishments and her fans.
It’s amazing how because Becky was over with the fans and they feared Ronda being booed which she deserves for her awful mic work they turned her completely hard heel.
I mean Ronda is so bad at even being this UFC snob looking down on WWF fans heel that it’s not going to get Charlotte cheered.
Vince wants Charlotte as a face along with Becky.
Fans see Charlotte as 2016-2018 Roman Reigns. She won’t get cheered by the majority.

They had such golden buildup with Becky vs. Ronda and WWF writing just screwed it up by having to inject to Charlotte and having Ronda go off the rails in a nonentertaining way.

Becky Lynch was the most over wrestler since Daniel Bryan WM30 and they have just not capitalized at all.

the night after the rumble Becky vs Ronda was so hot. Look where we are now.

I’m glad I’m not even watching. They don’t know how to build anything anymore so there is no point.

Just watching the PPVs is the way to go, IMO. Everything else is a waste of time.

Little surprised Harlem Heat to the HOF. Booker T by himself is a no doubter and he's already in. They were a great team in WCW but never in WWE, but I guess they have inducted a few others who were primarily in other organizations.

Little surprised Harlem Heat to the HOF. Booker T by himself is a no doubter and he's already in. They were a great team in WCW but never in WWE, but I guess they have inducted a few others who were primarily in other organizations.

This is kind of like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame issue of rappers, hip hop acts creating controversy being in there.

I believe they bought all the history, it’s why we can watch all the Nitro’s on the network. A lot of guys in made their bones not in the WWF or E, this is more of a Pro Wrestling HOF than anything else.

I wish they bring back Stevie Ray to do commentary. He was awesome in WCW on it.
I bet Booker pushed for this as it honors his brother as well.
He could always go in as an individual down the road. 5 time WCW champion.
They put the Midnight Express and Freebirds in the HOF as well and neither were in the WWF either.

I wish they bring back Stevie Ray to do commentary. He was awesome in WCW on it.
They put the Midnight Express and Freebirds in the HOF as well and neither were in the WWF either.
He already is in individualy.

This is his 2nd HOF award.

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!!!

I used to crack up laughing at him when he had that gimmick. The best was when he would get pissed and in the heat of the moment would abandon the English accent and “proper” speech and start ranting using slang in classic Booker T fashion.

I looked but couldn’t find it...he had an absolute ridiculous promo on Kane where he threw in the line “and I’ve got an axe!” ...while holding an axe in his hand. Wish I could find that one. The whole thing was so absurd. It was hilarious.

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!!!

I used to crack up laughing at him when he had that gimmick. The best was when he would get pissed and in the heat of the moment would abandon the English accent and “proper” speech and start ranting using slang in classic Booker T fashion.

I looked but couldn’t find it...he had an absolute ridiculous promo on Kane where he threw in the line “and I’ve got an axe!” ...while holding an axe in his hand. Wish I could find that one. The whole thing was so absurd. It was hilarious.

Found it!!! Hilarious!

Just put on Fastlane and saw Shane was wrestling in the opening match. Man. This is an every PPV thing? Why?

Fast forwarding to the next match...

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!!!

wrestling is at its best when it is absurd

Stevie Ray on commentary was incredible. I have watched a lot of it recently. So many times he would just ask Tony questions about the nonsense happening in the ring (Tony, why isn't this a DQ? Tony, what's going on here??) and Tony would have no plausible response. Love love love him

Back when it was must see tv. Vince still hasn't convinced me I need to watch Wrestlemania for free in a couple weeks.

Jericho was so good on Larry King here. I read this in his book that they were trying to get Jericho vs. Rourke at WrestleMania, and Rourke wanted to do it...but his team was talking him out of it, saying it would ruin his Oscar chances.

So Vince told Jericho to try to goad him into doing the match.

Jericho said Rourke was legitimately mad at him and thought Jericho was serious in this segment.

Great stuff...

Any lingering doubts as to whether Becky Lynch is winning at Wrestlemania have been dispelled. WWE announced today that the three-way women's match between Lynch, Rhonda Rousey, and Charlotte Flair will be the main event at WM. No way they're not sending the fans home happy.

Any lingering doubts as to whether Becky Lynch is winning at Wrestlemania have been dispelled. WWE announced today that the three-way women's match between Lynch, Rhonda Rousey, and Charlotte Flair will be the main event at WM. No way they're not sending the fans home happy.

I hope the crowd isn’t worn out and bored and dead for that match. It deserves a hot crowd. But it’s tough to blame the fans if they are worn out by that point.

I’ll probably watch Mania in pieces. It just seems like such a daunting chore to sit through. I can’t watch wrestling for 6 hours straight even in the comfort of my own home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom