WWE Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Would’ve been nice to see Brock bring it and put on a real match though, if he’s losing the title at Mania.

He’s not in there with Goldberg. That’s Rollins. I was hoping for some throwback Lesnar-Angle type magic. At least the title is finally off him though.

Speaking of Angle...that Corbin match isn’t real right? There’s gotta be some hi-jinks coming, no? I can’t imagine there’s one WWE fan alive that wants to see Corbin as Angle’s last match.
Cena is going to be the special ref for Angle-Corbin rumor is he may face Angle after he squashes him.

Would’ve been nice to see Brock bring it and put on a real match though, if he’s losing the title at Mania.

He’s not in there with Goldberg. That’s Rollins. I was hoping for some throwback Lesnar-Angle type magic. At least the title is finally off him though.

Speaking of Angle...that Corbin match isn’t real right? There’s gotta be some hi-jinks coming, no? I can’t imagine there’s one WWE fan alive that wants to see Corbin as Angle’s last match.
Lesnar is a bum. He legit is a waste of the insane money they pay him.
Vince doesn’t get it. Fans don’t want to see him anymore. Lesnar doesn’t try, is lazy and boring.
He isn’t the special draw Vince thinks he is.
Lesnar could never come back and fans won’t care.
Atleast Rollins won the belt and they can have a weekly champion.

Lesnar killed that belt. He didn’t make it matter more.

With Cena involved with Angle-Corbin I guess Honky Tonk Man will be the guy to shutdown the Elias concert.

Ok, that makes me feel a little better. Pretty sure Angle was Cena’s first match?

If they can somehow make Cena, Angle’s last match I’m all in.

Corbin just doesn’t have the cache.

And after googling to confirm, I see that Cena’s debut was him answering Angle’s “open challenge”?

That really makes me feel better about where this is hopefully going...an impromptu “open challenge” from Cena? Where hopefully Kurt makes him tap.

*Gotta add that I badly wanted Angle to beat Cena in Cena’s first title reign. Kurt was so money in like 05-06, that last year before he left WWE.

That DX speech...if those were the highlights? Yikes.

Can’t they just be normal and be naturally funny with some camaraderie? Holy forced.

Also, was Jimmy Hart not a part of the HOF induction? If so, why?

Ok, that makes me feel a little better. Pretty sure Angle was Cena’s first match?

If they can somehow make Cena, Angle’s last match I’m all in.

Corbin just doesn’t have the cache.

I agree. However, Angle has looked terribly slow these last few weeks. And Cena has slowed down markedly as well. It's a better story and more fitting finale, though.

Can’t they just be normal and be naturally funny with some camaraderie? Holy forced.

I was just looking at the HOF clips and photos on WWE.com. Everyone actually looked really good. Usually there is at least one or two that time hasn't been kind to. Agree about Jimmy - he was a key part of the Hart Foundation. Odd not to include him

Jimmy Hart introduced the Honky Tonk Man.
HHH and Shawn were very passive aggressive and douche in their acceptance speech.
Billy Gunn was the source of aholeness.
Because Billy works for AEW.
Billy said he can say whatever he wants because he doesn’t work there and then Hhh said Vince will buy that pissant organization just to fire you again and wasn’t being that funny about it.

I agree. However, Angle has looked terribly slow these last few weeks. And Cena has slowed down markedly as well. It's a better story and more fitting finale, though.

Agreed. Angle looks terrible. Barely better than post-stroke Bret when he came back to “wrestle” Vince at Mania.

I expect absolutely nothing from the match, quality wise. Which is why I just want it to be about the story/opponent/nostalgia/one last “You suck!!!”entrance and the exit.

Can’t say I remember the last time I saw Cena wrestle though. He seems to not be the protected guy he was for a decade plus though, so tapping to Angle should be no problem at this point.

Billy Gunn was the source of aholeness.
Because Billy works for AEW.
Billy said he can say whatever he wants because he doesn’t work there and then Hhh said Vince will buy that pissant organization just to fire you again and wasn’t being that funny about it.

Lol!!!

I can see why that part isn’t being shown. What I saw was cringe. That part sounds cringe in a different way though, lol.

So Jimmy wasn’t inducted as part of the Hart Foundation though? I didn’t see him in the ring with Bret. Seems odd if he was there, but not inducted with the Hart Foundation?

Agreed. Angle looks terrible. Barely better than post-stroke Bret when he came back to “wrestle” Vince at Mania.

I expect absolutely nothing from the match, quality wise. Which is why I just want it to be about the story/opponent/nostalgia/one last “You suck!!!”entrance and the exit.

Can’t say I remember the last time I saw Cena wrestle though. He seems to not be the protected guy he was for a decade plus though, so tapping to Angle should be no problem at this point.

Agreed. Cena made that clear himself a couple of years back. He said his job was to get other people over. In this case, he'd be putting Kurt over on Kurt's way out. While I was never a big Cena fan when it came to his wrestling, he was never a d i c k about putting someone over.

I only pay attention to Shane to see if he’s wearing classic Jordans. I don’t even recognize those. Must be the newest model?

Eh.

I feel like WWE fans generally love Shane and hate Stephanie...and I don’t get it.

As a character, Stephanie has been way more entertaining and charismatic over the years.

Shane is as dull as it gets.

WOW. LOVED that spot. And perfect ending. Shane is nuts.

AnD oH yEaH WrEstLinG is FaKe!!

He is. But like...I don’t even feel good about a 50
Year old man taking those bumps.

Hoping Sasha gets back in that title/main even picture soon.

Props to Becky for earning her moment, but I’ve always thought Sasha was better and enjoyed her more.

If you didn't know it was fake, the punches that both threw in this match would have been the giveaway. One great spot...and the rest sucked.

I don't really get having Shane beat one of your regular stars but not the first time they have done it.

I feel like WWE fans generally love Shane and hate Stephanie...and I don’t get it.

As a character, Stephanie has been way more entertaining and charismatic over the years.

Shane is as dull as it gets.
Shane risks his body to entertain and doesn’t eat up the talent on the mic.

Shane won the fans for life after the 2001 King of the Ring when Kurt Angle threw him thru that glass and he finished the match.

Stephaine is a good heel but she is hated because she always destroys the talent on the mic and never got her punishment till Ronda did it and the only reason that happened was they wanted to help Ronda get over.

Vince when he was the heel owner always got one upped he didn’t always put the talent down and never get his.
That is why Stephaine is hated.

She needs to get hers more often and the heat would go away as she plays a good heel.

Shane risks his body to entertain and doesn’t eat up the talent on the mic.

Shane won the fans for life after the 2001 King of the Ring when Kurt Angle threw him thru that glass and he finished the match.

Stephaine is a good heel but she is hated because she always destroys the talent on the mic and never got her punishment till Ronda did it and the only reason that happened was they wanted to help Ronda get over.

Vince when he was the heel owner always got one upped he didn’t always put the talent down and never get his.
That is why Stephaine is hated.

She needs to get hers more often and the heat would go away as she plays a good heel.

But Shane goes toe to toe PHYSICALLY in the ring with the best wrestlers! That’s completely unrealistic.

Stephanie destroys people on the mic because: 1) she’s a good talker. 2) She’s in charge. That’s realistic. And good heel work, IMO because it’s one of the few ways to actually get a heel over since all the cool kid fans like to root for all the heels otherwise.

She doesn’t win physically, unless there’s hijinks.

Shane goes in there and puts on competitive matches with the Undertaker, Kane, Angle...whoever! He’s presented as the in ring equal to the best wrestlers of all time! Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom