WWE Thread | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Whatever you think of him, John Cena was kind to the Smackdown ratings.

Maybe the last five years was all a huge intentional sabotage to make people actually miss Cena, and he’ll return full time and the fans will finally treat him as a hero?

Whatever you think of him, John Cena was kind to the Smackdown ratings.

A nostalgia pop has a life expectancy of at best two weeks.

This has a chance to be the worst 'wrestled' Wrestlemania in quite some time. Gotta keep Goldberg under 5 minutes. Gotta keep Undertaker under three minutes. Gotta make sure that neither Cena nor the Fiend are exposed.

This turn of events reflects both Vince's panic and his utter inability to create new stars.

A nostalgia pop has a life expectancy of at best two weeks.

This has a chance to be the worst 'wrestled' Wrestlemania in quite some time. Gotta keep Goldberg under 5 minutes. Gotta keep Undertaker under three minutes. Gotta make sure that neither Cena nor the Fiend are exposed.

This turn of events reflects both Vince's panic and his utter inability to create new stars.

Cena really can’t go anymore? I can’t remember the last time I paid attention to him. Probably when he was either US or IC champ and wrestling good matches with Owens? He’s washed now?

Cena really can’t go anymore? I can’t remember the last time I paid attention to him. Probably when he was either US or IC champ and wrestling good matches with Owens? He’s washed now?

A good opponent could probably make him look passable. But the Fiend's matches have sucked, and Cena has that three-move move-set. Meaning, that match has to be, and certainly will be, smoke and mirrors.

A good opponent could probably make him look passable. But the Fiend's matches have sucked, and Cena has that three-move move-set. Meaning, that match has to be, and certainly will be, smoke and mirrors.

This might be the first Mania in a long time that I don’t even have on in the background at least. There’s not one thing drawing me in. And I have the Network! Been watching old stuff lately. About to spend $50 on this AEW show too. It’d be so easy to pull me in, and they’re not even close.

I think the WWE has done a brilliant job building this Randy Orton-Edge feud which at first seemed SOS. The last session until the final RKO on Beth Phoenix was well done. I am sure there will be some outrage about doing this in the current age, but it was not gratuitous violence like the attitude era.

That being said it is one of the few things the WWE is doing good right now. The Goldberg thing seems like a total disaster. You are going to have a monster and this is how he gets beat. The 3 strongest wrestlers in the WW if you watched the last main event, which again just watched parts of, were Goldberg, Undertaker, and Lesnar. Something seem wrong with that.

I am not overly committed to the product just follow casually. Just can't get into AEW< in part because I do multiple things when I watch TV and I don't think I have put enought time into it to get into it.

He's trolling.

But Goldberg was big business for that first year in WCW. WCW was doing stupid things already as he was champ, but they started to really crash after the lost his title for the first time in a stupid match and sub matches.

I am a Patriots fan but I don’t give a chit to watch Gronk wrestle.
He isn’t good on the mic. He is a meathead who is funny but gets old with his sctick.

Gronk will get ratings early but he won’t be a draw after that.

I am a Patriots fan but I don’t give a chit to watch Gronk wrestle.
He isn’t good on the mic. He is a meathead who is funny but gets old with his sctick.

Gronk will get ratings early but he won’t be a draw after that.

They're grasping at every life raft that they can. You can smell Vince's flop sweat. He's totally lost it.

BTW, there's no way that Wrestlemania will go on as scheduled. Tampa is home to some NCAA games, and they will be played in an empty arena.

80,000 fans from all over the world descending on the region? If that isn't a petri dish, I don't know what is. Look for the postponement soon to enable people to change their plans. It won't be up to the WWE.

BTW, there's no way that Wrestlemania will go on as scheduled. Tampa is home to some NCAA games, and they will be played in an empty arena.

80,000 fans from all over the world descending on the region? If that isn't a petri dish, I don't know what is.

Vince must be losing his mind. He’s probably asking which countries don’t have the virus in it and trying to strike a deal to book the biggest arena available there, as we speak.

Vince must be losing his mind. He’s probably asking which countries don’t have the virus in it and trying to strike a deal to book the biggest arena available there, as we speak.

Vince has already had his first taste of this. An XFL game that was scheduled for Seattle will be played w/o fans. Of course, most of those fans are given tickets to paper the house, but still...

80,000 fans from all over the world descending on the region? If that isn't a petri dish, I don't know what is. Look for the postponement soon to enable people to change their plans. It won't be up to the WWE.
every match will be like the classic shawn michaels/ric martel "no hitting in the face" match

It's pretty clear that WWE and the regional officials are playing a game of chicken. The Tampa and state 'honorables' want WWE to cancel, WWE wants the officials to force them to cancel. The latest is that, if WWE doesn't cancel or postpone on their own, officials will do it for them next week From the Wrestling Observer:

"Tampa Mayor Jane Castor said on 3/12 that they have several weeks until WrestleMania and didn’t need to make a decision just yet. They said that if WWE doesn’t cancel the show on their own, they will reconvene and address the issue next week.

WWE made a statement that they would go on with the show unless the city or state made the call for them.
They don’t look good under these circumstances but anyone who follows WWE knew the decision would have to come from the outside.

“While we remain committed to hosting WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, April 5, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that it is cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues," WWE said. "The health and safety of our fans, performers and employees are our top priorities and we are monitoring the situation closely with our partners and government officials in Tampa Bay."

In other words, they won't cancel it on their own. Gee, I wonder how the contract's force majeur clause reads...

BTW, Vince's XFL canceled the rest of their season today.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see the Smackdown ratings for last night. I watched the whole thing for the first time in years just to have something to do and to see the vibe in the empty Performance Center.

Be interesting to see the Smackdown ratings for last night. I watched the whole thing for the first time in years just to have something to do and to see the vibe in the empty Performance Center.

Im so out of touch that I thought Smackdown was still on Tuesdays. With the lack of other options, I would’ve watched too.

I saw some post on twitter making fun of Bayley for gesturing to get the nonexistent crowd pumped up. People are so stupid that they didn’t even realize she was making fun of the situation. SMH...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom