WWE Thread | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Baron Corbin is one of the best pure Heels in the last couple decades or so. I have been a WWE fan for as long as I can remember and I have always rooted for the heels. Only two heels I have absolutely personally hated and despised JBL and Baron Corbin. God he is a great Heel.

The “escape through the door” aspect of steel cage matches makes no logical sense(it really defeats the purpose of putting the two guys in a cage) and always leads to some of the most ridiculous “suspension of reality” moments you’ll ever see in a wrestling match.

The “escape through the door” aspect of steel cage matches makes no logical sense(it really defeats the purpose of putting the two guys in a cage) and always leads to some of the most ridiculous “suspension of reality” moments you’ll ever see in a wrestling match.

I agree. I think it started with Bruno Sammartino in the WWWF, and the idea was he would beat the heel up so badly he could easily just walk out of the cage which I guess works as a story. But now, it's just totally ridiculous. Just trying to make it a race to escape the cage.

I agree. I think it started with Bruno Sammartino in the WWWF, and the idea was he would beat the heel up so badly he could easily just walk out of the cage which I guess works as a story. But now, it's just totally ridiculous. Just trying to make it a race to escape the cage.

True, BUT, Jimmy Snuka and Don Tthe Magnificent Muraco had a series of cage matches for the IC Championship where Muraco would win by the cheap cage door gimmick. However, Snuka would then beat the bleep out of Muraco after the bell, lay him out in the ring, and...leap off the top of the cage onto Muraco's prone form. I saw that match at the Philly Spectrum and totally marked out. One of my fave rasslin' moments ever.

I’ve gotten the Network again...I can watch all these old PPVs. Even the “bad” matches I often find somewhat entertaining. The commentary was better and funnier. And I just liked the style of matches better back then. I can’t do the gymnastics and false finish fests. The old stuff had fresher matchups due to so much less TV/PPV content too.

^^^the H0T Takes version of this post:

Id rather watch a Hacksaw Jim Duggan match than a Seth Rollins match.

Yes. I agree there are far more exciting in ring performers now. His in ring made up for his character even after they turned him heel earlier this year which I was all for loved his first run as a heel post shield first breakup. But this Monday Night Messiah cult leader gimmick sucks. Hes in a feud with Rey Mysterio and his son Dominick. Its gonna likely end with Dominick turning heel and beginning his main roster debut. He is skipping nxt apparently and headed right to the main roster apparently.

Yes. I agree there are far more exciting in ring performers now. His in ring made up for his character even after they turned him heel earlier this year which I was all for loved his first run as a heel post shield first breakup. But this Monday Night Messiah cult leader gimmick sucks.

Like who? I like Samoa Joe. That’s about it.

As far as in ring ?

Where do I start. AJ Styles Cesaro Daniel Bryan just been around but just as good. Then you have the newer guys like Matt Riddle who is drawing comparisons to Shawn Michaels.

Yes. I agree there are far more exciting in ring performers now. His in ring made up for his character even after they turned him heel earlier this year which I was all for loved his first run as a heel post shield first breakup. But this Monday Night Messiah cult leader gimmick sucks. Hes in a feud with Rey Mysterio and his son Dominick. Its gonna likely end with Dominick turning heel and beginning his main roster debut. He is skipping nxt apparently and headed right to the main roster apparently.
The guy has talent in the ring.
However he has absolutely no mic skills, promo skills or do anything to make himself interesting.

You can also realize he is corporate kiss ass to protect his spot. I don’t blame anyone for doing that as the paycheck is more important than appealing to internet fans who hate everything. It’s just Rollins is so boring.

He is a victim of creative but again he doesn’t care.

As far as in ring ?

Where do I start. AJ Styles Cesaro Daniel Bryan just been around but just as good. Then you have the newer guys like Matt Riddle who is drawing comparisons to Shawn Michaels.

OK, I do like all 3 of them.

Haven’t seen any Matt Riddle.

In ring?
Gulak, Bryan, Kingston, Cesaro, McIntrye, Stiles the company is full of talented in ring wrestlers.

Rollins in-ring isn’t significantly better than those guys and his mic skills are just so obviously force fed from Vince and his creative style.

Rollins sold out. I don’t blame anyone for selling out. I bet it’s good money in his spot. It’s just he isn’t interesting. Hacksaw entertained me way more in his brawls and USA gimmick than anything Rollins has done the last 5 years.

The guy has talent in the ring.
However he has absolutely no mic skills, promo skills or do anything to make himself interesting.

You can also realize he is corporate kiss ass to protect his spot. I don’t blame anyone for doing that as the paycheck is more important than appealing to internet fans who hate everything. It’s just Rollins is so boring.

He is a victim of creative but again he doesn’t care.

His matches always bore me. I haven’t liked him since those Shield/Wyatt’s and Shield/Evolution matches.

Wasn’t Dominick the kid that Eddie and Rey were having ladder matches over? Man, what a ridiculous angle that was lol.

In ring?
Gulak, Bryan, Kingston, Cesaro, McIntrye, Stiles the company is full of talented in ring wrestlers.

Rollins in-ring isn’t significantly better than those guys and his mic skills are just so obviously force fed from Vince and his creative style.

Rollins sold out. I don’t blame anyone for selling out. I bet it’s good money in his spot. It’s just he isn’t interesting. Hacksaw entertained me way more in his brawls and USA gimmick than anything Rollins has done the last 5 years.

As the years have passed really makes it clear Dean Ambrose aka Jon Moxley now should have been the breakout star of that group.

As the years have passed really makes it clear Dean Ambrose aka Jon Moxley now should have been the breakout star of that group.
And he was the guy everybody initially marked as the future breakout star of the group. I remember rumors of a Foley/Ambrose feud when he was first coming in.

And he’s by far the guy WWE pushed the least. Lol, Vince.

His matches always bore me. I haven’t liked him since those Shield/Wyatt’s and Shield/Evolution matches.

Wasn’t Dominick the kid that Eddie and Rey were having ladder matches over? Man, what a ridiculous angle that was lol.

Yep that's him. All grown up now. Hes skipping NXT going straight to the main roster. Both Rey and WWE dont think going to NXT will serve him best. Its setting up for him to turn on his father which will likely lead to his first feud vs his father. Question is his promos skills and character as a heel possibly sure hes capable enough in ring given his pedigree and who hes been around and trained with and under. Def prob will need a heel manager Like MVP or maybe Samoa Joe who's in ring career seems to be done age plus cant stay healthy.

And he was the guy everybody initially marked as the future breakout star of the group. I remember rumors of a Foley/Ambrose feud when he was first coming in.

And he’s by far the guy WWE pushed the least. Lol, Vince.

Vince was never a fan. He liked Reigns and Triple H liked Rollins.

Yep that's him. All grown up now. Hes skipping NXT going straight to the main roster. Both Rey and WWE dont think going to NXT will serve him best. Its setting up for him to turn on his father which will likely lead to his first feud vs his father. Question is his promos skills and character as a heel possibly sure hes capable enough in ring given his pedigree and who hes been around and trained with and under. Def prob will need a heel manager Like MVP or maybe Samoa Joe who's in ring career seems to be done age plus cant stay healthy.

I remember watching those spots with Lesnar beating Rey and his kid up. Him turning on his father just seems WAY too obvious. Maybe that’s just an example of me being too old for all of this, and it would still be shocking to the kids, though.

You know the story behind the Shield right?
Vince wanted Punk to have muscle as his backup. He told Punk to pick who he wanted as his lackeys.
Punk wanted Ambrose/Rollins and Chris Hero.

Vince said dump Hero for Reigns. We have big plans for Reigns because of his “look”. Vince is obsessed with the top guy’s “ look”.

Punk agreed and he was told build them. Punk did. Punk wanted Ambrose to feud with him at the end but Vince wanted Reigns and Regins was the guy.
Reigns promos were written by Vince himself. Rollins promos were written by HHH. He became HHH’s guy and Ambrose was stuck in between to be the guy used in a power struggle. Well
Vince obviously won and Reigns was pushed to the moon. Fans hated him. HHH tried to push Rollins as an old WCW chickenchit heel. It worked and he became more popular. Then Vince started working with Rollins and he gave Ambrose a lot of chit that annoyed him. Vince used Ambrose to take shots at the fans because Vince was pissed at the fans for not liking what Vince wanted them to like.
Ambrose finally hit His breaking point when he was having to wear a gas mask to the ring and call the fans smelly and disgusting. He realized Vince was nuts and just was miserable.

Vince doesn’t care about listening to his audience and now his audience is finally going away. The company is completely reliant on their TV deals and those deals aren’t going to be long term valuable. Their ratings are going down each year.
2017 RAW averaged 3.8 million viewers per week.
2018 it’s down to 3.2 million per week on average.
Last year it was 2.57 million per week.

This year it’s down to 2.27 million on average per week.
The company is really vulnerable.

Charlotte Flair had to get surgery to save her character. As Vince was over pushing her and fans were turning on her. So she got surgery for an injury to get her character off TV because she realized she needed to get away.

Love Samoa Joe, not sure if I told the story here about doing shots with him the after the first NXT takeover in Brooklyn. Guy is super cool.

I still think Bryan is the best wrestler they have. I just think he is so damn great.

You know the story behind the Shield right?
Vince wanted Punk to have muscle as his backup. He told Punk to pick who he wanted as his lackeys.
Punk wanted Ambrose/Rollins and Chris Hero.

Vince said dump Hero for Reigns. We have big plans for Reigns because of his “look”. Vince is obsessed with the top guy’s “ look”.

Punk agreed and he was told build them. Punk did. Punk wanted Ambrose to feud with him at the end but Vince wanted Reigns and Regins was the guy.
Reigns promos were written by Vince himself. Rollins promos were written by HHH. He became HHH’s guy and Ambrose was stuck in between to be the guy used in a power struggle. Well
Vince obviously won and Reigns was pushed to the moon. Fans hated him. HHH tried to push Rollins as an old WCW chickenchit heel. It worked and he became more popular. Then Vince started working with Rollins and he gave Ambrose a lot of chit that annoyed him. Vince used Ambrose to take shots at the fans because Vince was pissed at the fans for not liking what Vince wanted them to like.
Ambrose finally hit His breaking point when he was having to wear a gas mask to the ring and call the fans smelly and disgusting. He realized Vince was nuts and just was miserable.

Vince doesn’t care about listening to his audience and now his audience is finally going away. The company is completely reliant on their TV deals and those deals aren’t going to be long term valuable. Their ratings are going down each year.
2017 RAW averaged 3.8 million viewers per week.
2018 it’s down to 3.2 million per week on average.
Last year it was 2.57 million per week.

This year it’s down to 2.27 million on average per week.
The company is really vulnerable.

Charlotte Flair had to get surgery to save her character. As Vince was over pushing her and fans were turning on her. So she got surgery for an injury to get her character off TV because she realized she needed to get away.

I haven’t watched in awhile but you know I’m a fan of Charlotte.

Were they trying to push her as a face again though? Lol.

She’s the best as a heel.

Love Samoa Joe, not sure if I told the story here about doing shots with him the after the first NXT takeover in Brooklyn. Guy is super cool.

I still think Bryan is the best wrestler they have. I just think he is so damn great.

Lol, that is awesome.

Ive been a fan of Joe since the Daniels-Styles-Joe matches in TNA and later the feud with Angle. Guy is great.

I tend to forget Bryan is back around for some reason. He always brings it, no question.

Lol, that is awesome.

Ive been a fan of Joe since the Daniels-Styles-Joe matches in TNA and later the feud with Angle. Guy is great.

I tend to forget Bryan is back around for some reason. He always brings it, no question.

Probably because of how much they are wasting his talents.

I'm gonna tell the story again, if I did already, will be funny to see how similar it is to the last time I told it.
A friend of mine knew one of the guys in NXT at the time, so we got invited to the bar where everyone was partying after the show. It was amazing; seemingly everyone who worked the show that night (with the exception of Becky/Sasha/Charlotte/Kevin Owens, they were all working summerslam the next night as well) was there. Friend of mine and I ended up talking to Finn Balor about Man United and Tottenham. The whole night was surreal

I will srtill say the Sasha/Bayley match that night is one of my favorites ever. They should've gone on last that night

Probably because of how much they are wasting his talents.

I'm gonna tell the story again, if I did already, will be funny to see how similar it is to the last time I told it.
A friend of mine knew one of the guys in NXT at the time, so we got invited to the bar where everyone was partying after the show. It was amazing; seemingly everyone who worked the show that night (with the exception of Becky/Sasha/Charlotte/Kevin Owens, they were all working summerslam the next night as well) was there. Friend of mine and I ended up talking to Finn Balor about Man United and Tottenham. The whole night was surreal

I will srtill say the Sasha/Bayley match that night is one of my favorites ever. They should've gone on last that night

I still remember that Sasha/Bayley match...and I have no idea who else wrestled on the card, let alone who went on last, lol. That was when Sasha made the Bayley fan little girl cry, and stomped on Bayleys hand when trying to get her to tap? lol. Classic and memorable stuff.

I haven’t watched in awhile but you know I’m a fan of Charlotte.

Were they trying to push her as a face again though? Lol.

She’s the best as a heel.

Before she went off TV she was entering a feud with Nia Jax as the face. She's pretty much been a face since wrestlemania triple threat last year with Rhonda and Becky.

Shayna Baszler was supposse to win the Royal Rumble and go up against Becky Lynch for the Raw Womens Title at Wrestlemania (Vince changed it last minute to get Charlotte to feud with then NXT Women's Champ Rhea Ripley) then she beat Rhea Ripley for the title for no reason (She didn't need the title win) Both had big pushes planned at one point.

As for the future. Rhea Ripley is not champion and is in NXT in a feud with Aliyah (Who is a jobber) and her manager Robert Stone. Shayna Baszler is off TV (Vince apparently is not a fan of hers)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom