WWE Thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

They never acknowledged TNA. They'd never have a WCW guy on their tv when WCW was alive. It's not like they've acknowledged AEW on their tv either. (There was the thing with HHH and BIlly Gunn when DX went into the HOF, but still, not by name)

It's crazy. Really trying to get eyeballs on the network/peacock.

...or...they look at aew and don’t consider them a threat.

FWIW, Ive loved aew lately except for the PPV, but their ratings have taken a hit when they clearly went more blood and hardcore.

i like it, but it might not be for everyone

i don’t watch wwe anymore. Just not for me. I do have a Peacock though for ap bio, so might catch that Daniel Bryan 3 way. He can’t not have a good match

I always have wondered what really happed with the Macho Man. Heard a lot of rumors but nothing for sure.
It’s a shame. Prime Savage is a top 3 performer of all time at worst, to me. He might be the best.

And he was such a character - he would’ve been good to have on TV for the occasional appearance in the 00s.

...or...they look at aew and don’t consider them a threat.

That's possible; but it would be a change in direction. They sure acted for a while like they were concerned with them.

But you could argue they didnt go hard after Big Show or Christian, so maybe there is a change in how they view them

That's possible; but it would be a change in direction. They sure acted for a while like they were concerned with them.

But you could argue they didnt go hard after Big Show or Christian, so maybe there is a change in how they view them

Honestly think it would be better for WWE if there was a legit second company...which AEW is close to being.

When they’re the only viable company, then WWE can’t bring in anybody new that the fans already care about. You can only bring Lesnar and Jericho back so many times before it feels expected rather than shocking and a big deal. That aspect is missing, and it was one of the best things about the Monday Night Wars and the early 00’s era. Didn’t even always have to be a major star for it to spice things up. Think X-Pac showing up and joining DX after Mania 14. Or Benoit, Malenko, and all them showing up. Tazz. Jericho the first time. Flair. Those things always felt like a big deal.

Honestly think it would be better for WWE if there was a legit second company...which AEW is close to being.

When they’re the only viable company, then WWE can’t bring in anybody new that the fans already care about. You can only bring Lesnar and Jericho back so many times before it feels expected rather than shocking and a big deal. That aspect is missing, and it was one of the best things about the Monday Night Wars and the early 00’s era. Didn’t even always have to be a major star for it to spice things up. Think X-Pac showing up and joining DX after Mania 14. Or Benoit, Malenko, and all them showing up. Tazz. Jericho the first time. Flair. Those things always felt like a big deal.

The brand split was their attempt to recreate that dynamic. But it's obviously nowhere close to the same thing

I

I think Vince might sell the company at the end of these TV deals.

The amount of money NBC/Comcast is going to be paying for Raw on USA and for the network it might make sense for them to just buy the company.

It won’t be that much more.

Vince is old.

I

The amount of money NBC/Comcast is going to be paying for Raw on USA and for the network it might make sense for them to just buy the company.

Vince is old.

He needs to let HHH run the show and step aside to collect his checks.

I

Vince is old.

I def see this as a strong possibility

I def see this as a strong possibility

I dunno. WWE provides NBC with a bleepload of (all things are relative) cheap programming as it is. Why take on the costs of running a wrestling company?

Macho Man banged Stephanie

Nah, Macho Man just disappeared, dropped a bleepload of weight, and became unrecognizable, even to his closest wrestling friends, according to Dave Meltzer. I'll see if I can find more about this.

All the the guys who would know who were around during that time and knew Macho Man say that never happened. Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, Jim Cornette, Bruce Pritchard, Jim Ross.

I dunno. WWE provides NBC with a bleepload of (all things are relative) cheap programming as it is. Why take on the costs of running a wrestling company?

I can totally see Vince looking to sell (at some point), and considering how in bed they are, NBC/Comcast seems like the best suitor.

If Vince sells to someone other than NBC (would likely be some other large media company?) , hard to see them keeping that cheap programming past the expiration of the next deal

He needs to let HHH run the show and step aside to collect his checks.
Read an article that said Lashley and MVP are pissed that they broke up Hurt Business, and met with Vince and pleaded their case and that he just dug his heels in even more.

Can’t even count how many times he’s intentionally cooled something off that was over and doing well. Guarantee the other two do nothing going forward. So dumb.

That’s the juicy rumor that the internet has always run with, but I’ve read it’s untrue and that Vince was actually pissed about the Slim Jim deal going with Savage.

As an aside, Imagine seeing wrestler in commercials today? Lol. Nobody knows who these guys are.

That’s the juicy rumor that the internet has always run with, but I’ve read it’s untrue and that Vince was actually pissed about the Slim Jim deal going with Savage.

As an aside, Imagine seeing wrestler in commercials today? Lol. Nobody knows who these guys are.

It's really all so weird. The Stephanie stuff seems implausible. But the fact of the matter is Vince eventually takes EVERYONE back. He's really going to hold a lifetime grudge because the Slim Jim deal was tied to Savage and not the company? I find that hard to believe. But I also find it hard to believe he was sleeping with an underage Steph.

It's really all so weird. The Stephanie stuff seems implausible. But the fact of the matter is Vince eventually takes EVERYONE back. He's really going to hold a lifetime grudge because the Slim Jim deal was tied to Savage and not the company? I find that hard to believe. But I also find it hard to believe he was sleeping with an underage Steph.
I heard it was Macho left in the middle of the night when his contract expired and Vince was really hurt by that.

I don’t believe the Steph stuff as everyone says Macho was a good guy with Liz and when she left him he tried everything to get her back.

The Slim Jim is always rumored as well but Vince forgave everyone else but never Macho.

Their was a time Vince was in a meeting and somebody just asked the simple question what happened with Savage. He didn’t get upset he simply responded very very calmly to the person please don’t bring that guy up to me and politely walked away.

Something happened.

I heard it was Macho left in the middle of the night when his contract expired and Vince was really hurt by that.

I don’t believe the Steph stuff as everyone says Macho was a good guy with Liz and when she left him he tried everything to get her back.

The Slim Jim is always rumored as well but Vince forgave everyone else but never Macho.

Their was a time Vince was in a meeting and somebody just asked the simple question what happened with Savage. He didn’t get upset he simply responded very very calmly to the person please don’t bring that guy up to me and politely walked away.

Something happened.
What’s interesting though, is that Vince did an on air goodbye on Raw to Savage right after he left though. So it would seem that whatever bad blood happened, started after that?

Also, it’s pretty hilarious that WWF did that “Nacho Man and Huckster” skits about how washed up they were, while bringing back Ultimate Warrior and Jake Roberts, having a Roddy Piper match at Mania, AND running with a Roberts-Jerry Lawler feud all summer.

People talk about WM8 being botched because they didn’t do Hogan-Flair. But WM9 was botched much worse.

How did Perfect and Razor not wrestle? Or Savage and Razor? After an enormous initial push against Savage and eventually Perfect, and a Rumble title match against Bret Hart, Razor wrestles Bob Backlund? Huh? Why? So pointless.

Why did Savage not wrestle at all? He was champion at Summerslam. He was in the major tag match and angle at Survivor Series. He was the last guy eliminated at Royal Rumble. And he doesn’t even wrestle?? He’s on commentary??

He should’ve either wrestled Luger or Razor, since Flair left the company. Luger basically should’ve been the replacement for Flair.

Why waste time with Hogan/Beefcake in a tag title match? Why not just do Hogan/Hart for the title?

Why waste time with Undertaker/Giant Gonzales? Just do Taker/Yokozuna.

Tell me Mania 9 featuring:
Hart-Hogan
Savage-Luger
Perfect-Razor
Taker-Yokozuna

wouldn’t be way better than what we got?

I

Vince is old.

While Vince loves money, I think you underestimate how much he loves power. I honestly think being in charge is more important to him than the extra cash he’d pocket by selling the company.

People talk about WM8 being botched because they didn’t do Hogan-Flair. But WM9 was botched much worse.

How did Perfect and Razor not wrestle? Or Savage and Razor? After an enormous initial push against Savage and eventually Perfect, and a Rumble title match against Bret Hart, Razor wrestles Bob Backlund? Huh? Why? So pointless.

Why did Savage not wrestle at all? He was champion at Summerslam. He was in the major tag match and angle at Survivor Series. He was the last guy eliminated at Royal Rumble. And he doesn’t even wrestle?? He’s on commentary??

He should’ve either wrestled Luger or Razor, since Flair left the company. Luger basically should’ve been the replacement for Flair.

Why waste time with Hogan/Beefcake in a tag title match? Why not just do Hogan/Hart for the title?

Why waste time with Undertaker/Giant Gonzales? Just do Taker/Yokozuna.

Tell me Mania 9 featuring:
Hart-Hogan
Savage-Luger
Perfect-Razor
Taker-Yokozuna

wouldn’t be way better than what we got?

Mania 9 totally seems to be one of those cards that everyone loves to rebook (for good reason, it sucked and you can make a much better alternative)

The Savage thing is so funny in hindsight; Vince at the time had this thing about guys being too old so he benched him for a while. Look at the age of the guys on their roster now..

Mania 9 totally seems to be one of those cards that everyone loves to rebook (for good reason, it sucked and you can make a much better alternative)

The Savage thing is so funny in hindsight; Vince at the time had this thing about guys being too old so he benched him for a while. Look at the age of the guys on their roster now..

I don’t know what was worse, Hulk Hogan beating Yokozuna in a 22 second impromptu match after Yokozuna beat Bret Hart or Jim Ross wearing a toga.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom