WWE Thread | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I haven't watched enough to know this Belair person. Why is she always bobbing around; what is that character supposed to be.

I was trying to put my finger on why I've never cared about Rollins and I think it's because of the last WM I watched vs HHH. It was supposed to be his big 'finally get my hands on him' revenge spot after months of torment and he spent the whole match doing these weak looking finesse moves. Not very satisfying. I guess I'm just the old man yelling at the cloud as what I enjoyed as a youth is not coming back.

I agree on Rollins. He’s typically a prime example of someone who gets credited as “good-great in the ring” whose matches don’t deliver to me and you stated why. He’s one of those gymnastics in the ring type guys. I did like his match last night, though it was more about Cesaro.

Belair - I didn’t know her until the Royal Rumble, and since then I’ve watched Smackdown a decent amount of times. IMO she is playing the “young, eager, and earnest face” pretty well. The fans don’t always go for that type of face, but she seems over - last night was the proof with a real crowd finally. She is a physical specimen and IMO she has done everything well so far. Sasha certainly carried the match and is the “real star” IMO. That’s kind of always been the case with WWE though - the ring generals often put over the specimens. But I think they effectively cemented Bianca as a superstar, and it was the right move. There’s a lot of money matchups with Flair and Lynch to be had.

I went into the show only watching because Peacock offered the 4 month deal for new subscribers but I thought night 1 was pretty solid.

I didn't necessarily agree with the booking on each match, but the only match I didn't enjoy the work in was the women's tag team scramble. They are all talented, but it just didn't click for me.

Tons of credit to Bad Bunny. He took it seriously and did a really solid job. Not all celebrities would put the work in to look good that he did.

***Old man alert***

I had never heard of Bad Bunny till that Snoop Corona commercial and I though his act was going to be a disaster, but yeah, I was legitimately entertained and he was solid.

the other thing I liked about last night is...I let my little guy who is really into wrestling stay up and watch it with me, till he crashed right after that match.

1st thing he said to me this AM, 23 swings!!

Seems like WWE is putting the titles on its guys/girls who look like they could win real fights. Wonder if this is intentional and a point of emphasis to kind of show “we’re in a different league” compared to the other wrestling promotions?

Like...who looks like they’d win a real fight, Bobby Lashley or Kenny Omega? Reigns or Omega? And now Belair. Compare her physically to the champs AEW has had. Seems to be a strategy.

I haven't watched enough to know this Belair person. Why is she always bobbing around; what is that character supposed to be.

I was trying to put my finger on why I've never cared about Rollins and I think it's because of the last WM I watched vs HHH. It was supposed to be his big 'finally get my hands on him' revenge spot after months of torment and he spent the whole match doing these weak looking finesse moves. Not very satisfying. I guess I'm just the old man yelling at the cloud as what I enjoyed as a youth is not coming back.

She is the EST !!!

bEST
smartEST
toughEST
quickEST
fastEST
greatEST

i think Bradshaw is drunk, same with the guy from the Kay show.

Did Lawler go heel at some point? Noticed last night he was rooting for Shane and calling Braun dumb, and he’s doing the same tonight.

Finished it up about an hour ago. So glad this was okayed by both sides and it happened.
I only had a little while so I watched until the first commercial break. Planning to watch the rest in parts throughout the week.

Can't believe Bray Wyatt "The Fiend" and Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton feud is still going on. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Still have no idea is "The Fiend" a face or a heel ? Feuding with Randy Orton who is a heel.

I can’t stand the supernatural stuff. So dumb.
I really didn’t get that. Did Alexa turn on the Rotunda Jr?

That made no sense.
Awful pay out for that feud.

Just a wasteland

I really didn’t get that. Did Alexa turn on the Rotunda Jr?

That made no sense.
Awful pay out for that feud.

Just a wasteland
Alexa was so good before this crap. She can never leave this gimmick now. Career ruined, IMO.

Can't believe Bray Wyatt "The Fiend" and Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton feud is still going on. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Still have no idea is "The Fiend" a face or a heel ? Feuding with Randy Orton who is a heel.
I had assumed angle amounted to an Orton face turn but who knows.

Funny in that Rollins-HHH WM I mentioned Wyatt inexplicably jobbed to Orton who nobody has cared about in what 16yrs now.

Alexa was so good before this crap. She can never leave this gimmick now. Career ruined, IMO.
Alexa had elite mic skills before this crap. I kinda understood this when she was like Harley Quinn if the Fiend was the Joker.
But since Rotunda went on paternity leave because his wife had a baby the feud with the two of them and Orton was pure garbage.

What an awful ending. It made no sense.

Alexa had elite mic skills before this crap. I kinda understood this when she was like Harley Quinn if the Fiend was the Joker.
But since Rotunda went on paternity leave because his wife had a baby the feud with the two of them and Orton was pure garbage.

What an awful ending. It made no sense.
Agreed. Alexa’s mic skills and charisma were among the best in the company and she was a solid in ring performer too. She was on a hall of fame path IMO. I can’t see where she could possibly go from here.

Did Alexa transform into Sister Abigail? Only explanation. Didn't like either way.

I'm a fan as well. Her timing/expressions are the best.
It's wrestling though, people have forgotten about dumber storylines I feel like.

Did Alexa transform into Sister Abigail? Only explanation. Didn't like either way.
I can’t remember if I just assumed that is what happened, or that’s what actually happened. But either way I’ve only really caught it on the PPVs and the prematch recaps because Raw is unwatchable. This Bray/Alexa is some of the worst crap I’ve ever seen.

I generally like Owens, but not a fan of him using the Stunner. Austin was just too big to use his finisher as yours. Puts a ceiling on Owens IMO.

Tonight has been a dud so far. Owens/Zayn was ok, but it just felt like there was no real reason to care about it.

I don’t know much about Riddle, but I like Sheamus so hoping this one delivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom