1 coach 2 probations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1 coach 2 probations

if things play out like we fear it will, it must be Jimmy's last year right? How can SU justify his handling of the program in regards to the NCAA? We all love coach but What. He's gonna be 70 this year and Hopkins is dying on the vine waiting for him to step aside. Is there any coach at one school whose had multiple probations and still stayed on?

Ah... So you have inside knowledge as to what the NCAA is going to do at the end of a proceeding that has not yet occurred? Nostradamus, huh?

You have some good stock picks for us?

Or, maybe you can tell us who's going to win the House and Senate next week?

Or, how about a sure-thing bet for the Kentucky Derby next May.

I'm sorry I opened this thread, lets all wait and see what happens before we determine if JB is gone or not. Besides we have no say in the matter so there is no point getting overly worried until we have a true reason to be worried.

I get your point but your paragraph is very contradictory. You said the UNC stuff happened under three coaches but then you said our stuff is "ancient history" and that it goes back to Pasqualoni.
No, it appears that the UNC issue continued from coach to coach to coach and was still occuring. In Syracuse's case nothing has come out so far that anything that might have happened in football in the past has continued through Marrone and Shafer. Just an observation for what it is worth.

cliftonparksufan said:
No, it appears that the UNC issue continued from coach to coach to coach and was still occuring. In Syracuse's case nothing has come out so far that anything that might have happened in football in the past has continued through Marrone and Shafer. Just an observation for what it is worth.

This is pretty much a hoops issue.

Yeah, I see your point, Clifton, but my concern is I hope there isn't a pattern of violations in our basketball program, as the investigation goes back ten years or so. We shall see.

Most of the rumors we've heard deal with SU Athletic departmental issues...academic compliance being the primary one. You can't put this all on JB.

Cuse4ever said:
if things play out like we fear it will, it must be Jimmy's last year right? How can SU justify his handling of the program in regards to the NCAA? We all love coach but What. He's gonna be 70 this year and Hopkins is dying on the vine waiting for him to step aside. Is there any coach at one school whose had multiple probations and still stayed on?

He gone...

iommi said:
Yeah, I see your point, Clifton, but my concern is I hope there isn't a pattern of violations in our basketball program, as the investigation goes back ten years or so. We shall see.

A Level 1 or 2 violation would seem to indicate a pattern.

GonzoInMD said:
Most of the rumors we've heard deal with SU Athletic departmental issues...academic compliance being the primary one. You can't put this all on JB.

But the head coach should be keeping tabs on things of this nature.

OP was foolish for jumping to conclusions before really any relevant info has come out.

But the replies in this thread are hilarious and a bit concerning. Guarantee people here would be defending JB if he was in Joe Pa's situation.

It's not just the almost 40 years, all the wins/moments, the 2003 National Championship. As CTO said and it's the absolute truth, Jim Boeheim is Syracuse, Syracuse University, and the Community.
Love the avatar Hulk. For a while, I wondered why he was the color of Ben Grimm (The Thing) and just recently realized that a Cuse-Hulk would be orange...

Where do we get posters like Cuse4never.
Did syracuse.com shut down?
I'm a lifelong fan just like you. I just don't blindly follow & defend our coach when he leads the program into situations like this again.

All hail JB.

He has done more for this community than just what's he done on the basketball court. He is truly a community figurehead and one who actually cares about his city. Not many college coaches can truthfully say that.

We should all stand by him every step of the way.

I'm a lifelong fan just like you. I just don't blindly follow & defend our coach when he leads the program into situations like this again.
Situations like what? Name one program that has been killed by the NCAA in the last 10 years for anything short of murder or child rape? Even in the wake of those two examples, Baylor bball has never been better, and PSU got a hot commodity young coach.

If the penalties are severe (I pray they aren't, the thought of a tourney ban is just devastating to me), I hope we can all engage in honest debate about who's responsible… and that includes fair and balanced criticism and scrutiny of Boeheim.

Let's wait until the facts come out and the penalties, assuming there will be some, are levied. I have felt for awhile that Boeheim runs a loose ship and when it comes down to accountability, has to begin with the head coach. Was the prior suspension related to the street agent (Rob Johnson I think) in NYC or was it different circumstances?

Situations like what? Name one program that has been killed by the NCAA in the last 10 years for anything short of murder or child rape?

Indiana - they won 6, 10 and 12 games in a 3 year stretch while recovering from Kelvin Sampson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom