Ennis On the Move Again | Syracusefan.com

Ennis On the Move Again

I think Houston is a much better fit for Tyler.

Certainly should be a better opportunity for minutes there. Doesn't exactly have a lot of guys to pass to though, and if he's on the floor with Harden, the fit is pretty bad IMO. Still, being on the floor with bad pieces around you is better than not playing at all, so it's probably an upgrade for him.

Certainly should be a better opportunity for minutes there. Doesn't exactly have a lot of guys to pass to though, and if he's on the floor with Harden, the fit is pretty bad IMO. Still, being on the floor with bad pieces around you is better than not playing at all, so it's probably an upgrade for him.
I think he matches up well with Harden, actually. Ennis isn't a guy that has to take a lot of shots. Harden's best runningmates in the backcourt are distributors/defenders.

I think he matches up well with Harden, actually. Ennis isn't a guy that has to take a lot of shots. Harden's best runningmates in the backcourt are distributors/defenders.

Yeah but Harden is a ball hog/black hole. Tough to get assists or play off that.

Well he could've stayed in school, maybe gotten better and not been low level trade bait...

I don't think Ennis was ever going to be higher than late teens in the draft no matter what he did. He isn't an athletic freak, he's a smart player who makes good decisions while running the offense. Staying in college probably only meant one less year of getting paid as a pro IMO.

I don't think Ennis was ever going to be higher than late teens in the draft no matter what he did. He isn't an athletic freak, he's a smart player who makes good decisions while running the offense. Staying in college probably only meant one less year of getting paid as a pro IMO.

I tend to agree, just wish our one and dones were a little more dynamic.

At this point he just needs to get rotational minutes to demonstrate he can play in the league. The decision makers in the league understand the challenges of playing with Harden. TE needs to show he can contribute and be a rotational guy.

If Ennis doesn't have the ball in his hands, he isn't doing anything for a team. Harden never doesn't have the ball in his hands.
That's true, but they also don't win. If he is going to make his mark, he needs to go in and be a leader and take command of that offense and show James Harden that he can still be a dynamic scorer without dominating the ball. I doubt that will happen, I just imagine that is what Sherman Douglas would do. The point guard has to run the offense.

I think the best backcourt mate for Harden is a PG who is more of a shooter/defender than anything else. Harden will dominate the ball. His current backcourt mate (beverly) fits the role pretty well I think.

That's true, but they also don't win. If he is going to make his mark, he needs to go in and be a leader and take command of that offense and show James Harden that he can still be a dynamic scorer without dominating the ball. I doubt that will happen, I just imagine that is what Sherman Douglas would do. The point guard has to run the offense.

I'm not a huge Rockets fan or anything, but they were in the west finals in 2015.

I'd hate to be Harden's teammate, but given Ennis' style I think there are worse places he could have landed.

Idk I could see Ennis getting lost there, making it extremely difficult to get a second contract in the league.

I'm not a huge Rockets fan or anything, but they were in the west finals in 2015.
How were they in 2016, and in what direction are they trending?

Much better situation for him. They have Beverly but I'm not sure who their other point guards are so he could see some minutes there.

He wont be playing with Harden... He will be buried on the bench.

Much better situation for him. They have Beverly but I'm not sure who their other point guards are so he could see some minutes there.

Prigoni, who I believe is 38 or 39.

Prigoni, who I believe is 38 or 39.

I was actually going to guess 40, but you're right, 39.

Harden is probably going to play a decent amount of PG too I'd think? Like a backcourt of Harden/Gordon. Well, until Gordon gets hurt.

It's a good fit minutes wise but I'm not sure Ennis plays the style you would want with Harden. Harden wants to beat people down the court and score in transition so I would think you would want the other guard to be a quicker guy that can facilitate that and play lock down defense on the other teams best guard since Harden is a terrible defender. I honestly haven't seen Ennis play a lot in the league but I would think of him as better fit for a team that has really good bigs and likes playing in the half court.

I never question a kids decision to make millions, I question the NBA's desire to draft them. Your assessment of Ennis I am sure must be shared by NBA scouts. But for some reason 11 points and 5 assists per game for an athletically limited kid that played 30+ minutes a game was much to tantalizing to keep their hands off. Meet the new standard for a one and done.

I never question a kids decision to make millions, I question the NBA's desire to draft them. Your assessment of Ennis I am sure must be shared by NBA scouts. But for some reason 11 points and 5 assists per game for an athletically limited kid that played 30+ minutes a game was much to tantalizing to keep their hands off. Meet the new standard for a one and done.

I have to agree with Jordoo here. To me, he has always profiled as a 2nd unit or even 3rd PG in the NBA. Solid player who keeps mistakes to a minimum and who can defend other backup points. That's not glamorous, but it's a path to a 10+ year career, health permitting, and the limited # of minutes he'll be playing as a backup decreases the injury odds. Seems to me that another year in school was more likely to push him further down or all the way out of the first round. Declaring was a smart move from a guy whose defining characteristic is his smarts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom