JUDAH'S BACK | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

JUDAH'S BACK

Knew it. :cool: I wonder if my social media comment had any impact?

200w.gif

I think Benny is a bit of an X-factor

I think we have enough forwards that are serviceable behind him. If we are playing a 3 guard lineup we can easily shuffle someone in that can be productive. The center position is full of question marks and I don't think any of our forwards can slide down and manage that position.

As great as that would be haha we do have to take the orange colored glasses off. Yes we are going to be STACKED compared to the last 5 or so years. Legitimately might be our best team since 2013 with Ennis?

But looking around the college landscape there are going to be some really, really good teams next year. Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, USC, UConn, Purdue, Georgetown and Arizona are all LOADED next year. So I don’t think we are quite that tier to start the season. But if our second year guys like Taylor, Bell, Copeland, and Brown take the next step. And Judah, Starling, Westry are studs like we think they will be. Then add in solid starters that know their role like Benny, and McLeod. This team has potential to be that tier. But that’s all that is right now, need all our guys to really put in the work this off season with all the new faces and we could be in that tier. I think we are in the Tier right below those teams I just mentioned to start the season
But it is where you are to end the season. Keep getting better and the sky is the limit.

I think Benny is going to thrive under Red. He is going to play with a freedom that he hasn't had since coming to Syracuse. The kid is really good.
Benny does some little things that haven't shown through because of his inability to get out of his own way. I think that changes this year. He has some passing instincts that will surprise many.

But he waited until the last day and Adam Weitsman left. Syracuse never gets good news in these situations meh meh meh….eat it you negative nellies!

Speaking of Negative Nellies, it might be time to change your tag line underneath your profile pic...

1) Happy for Red, the coaches, players, all the fans - always insanely tough after a transition, let alone a giant like JB. Pending how the in-game coaching and prep go, we should, at minimum, be fun to watch and at best, who knows…

2) Happy for Judah. Think he can make a leap up in next years draft.

3) The start of that video made me think he was pitching himself to be CEO of Waystar Royco.

I think we have enough forwards that are serviceable behind him. If we are playing a 3 guard lineup we can easily shuffle someone in that can be productive. The center position is full of question marks and I don't think any of our forwards can slide down and manage that position.
Judah, JJ, Chance, Benny and Maliq could get it done.

As great as that would be haha we do have to take the orange colored glasses off. Yes we are going to be STACKED compared to the last 5 or so years. Legitimately might be our best team since 2013 with Ennis?

But looking around the college landscape there are going to be some really, really good teams next year. Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, USC, UConn, Purdue, Georgetown and Arizona are all LOADED next year. So I don’t think we are quite that tier to start the season. But if our second year guys like Taylor, Bell, Copeland, and Brown take the next step. And Judah, Starling, Westry are studs like we think they will be. Then add in solid starters that know their role like Benny, and McLeod. This team has potential to be that tier. But that’s all that is right now, need all our guys to really put in the work this off season with all the new faces and we could be in that tier. I think we are in the Tier right below those teams I just mentioned to start the season

The nice thing about all this young talent is that not every single one of them has to "make the jump" for us to still be a good team. The more that do, the better we'll be, of course. The biggest issues for this team will be a couple guys who are 3 point threats, and a couple guys who can rebound to start the fast break.

So, if you look at the candidates from three - Judah, Benny, Chris and Taylor. We know that they all can make them. If two of them can make them consistently, then that's pretty solid. And I'm not even counting Cuffe.

Rebounding - This is why Maliq is going to play. Benny might make the jump and become a consistent 13 and 8 kind of guy; that's possible. I'm not so sure that Hima is a rebounder, but I think the Florida State kid can help us there. Maybe Hima will improve, too, if he doesn't have to cover from the foul line to both corners in that Boeheim style zone. Maybe Chance or Copeland contributes some boards as the big guard / swingman. Copeland does seem to have a bit of a nose for the offensive rebounds.

We need 2 or 3 guys out of each group of 4 to be contributors, and then this will be a very solid, tournament team. If we get more contributors than that, then the sky's the limit.

Last edited:
Well, that was one hell of a months-long roller coaster! Glad it’s over. And with a helluva result! We have a chance to be very, very good next season. Hoping we’re a top 25 team for most of the year. Cuse fans desperately need it.

We’ve not had this level of talent AND depth at guard before. Stunning turn of events and a brown pants moment for the rest of ACC basketball. Great start to the Red era
I can't wait until media day with photographs of the units. But, I want to see Judah, JJ and Westry in their Syracuse garb.

Villanova is more loaded than Gtown, imo. I think/hope we’ll be better than the Hoyas too.

Villanova is more loaded than Gtown, imo.
I think I agree with regard to talent. But, Cooley is a proven coach. He may make Georgetown a power again. Neptune is much like Red, he has inherited a great program and he has built some talent depth. Now, both he and Red need to show they can coach them up and coach on gameday. This is an exciting time for the historic Big East powers, Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova and St. Johns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom