Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

Seriously think about Gilbert last year. Had to be worst coach in history of offensive coaching. And you could always see GS get frustrated on play calls or after 3 and outs like Gilbert had no clue what he was doing. I expect some fun stuff outta him and the coaches
Gilbert was awful but imagine it was also quite difficult to call a game with a QB you barely trusted to complete anything beyond a screen pass. Mix that in with having a good defense and he was probably told not to take any risks on 3rd and longs.

Yeah I think Gilbert had issues.. but with oline barely functional much of the time and a passing game that had issues, playing calling gets very hard..

if you actually go back and watch games from the play calling perspective there were tons of good calls that failed for reasons the coach has no control over.. Like if you call playing action and the D falls for it and you max protect and the WR is wide open and a double team block screws up and we end up with a sack.. with all the close games only take 1 of those a game to turn a win into a loss.

Absolutely.

But its a pretty big black eye on Villari and Del Rio-Wilson to not be in the conversation for the starting gig. What we saw at the end was very bad.

Did you watch the spring game? Villari was poor, nowhere near as good as I had hoped. Del Rio-Wilson is a baller, but you can't talk about a freshman starter yet. They haven't even opened camp.

Did you watch the spring game? Villari was poor, nowhere near as good as I had hoped. Del Rio-Wilson is a baller, but you can't talk about a freshman starter yet. They haven't even opened camp.
Between holding kids accountable for tuition when schools have profited off of their labor basically for free for generations (tuition costs are inflated blue money) and a blind statement about a QB who has never played in college as being a baller just because he came from Florida, it's safe to say you're on a roll.

Between holding kids accountable for tuition when schools have profited off of their labor basically for free for generations (tuition costs are inflated blue money) and a blind statement about a QB who has never played in college as being a baller just because he came from Florida, it's safe to say you're on a roll.
Yup fans are influenced by bright lights. "Well he's a former 4 star QB, played a year at Florida he must be good" We like to make players good before they actually show it. We did the same thing with Shrader.

He was a 4 star QB who was recruited by Florida.
I guess he must suck as a player then.

hate to be that guy, but what are people using as a barometer for "this team feels different"?

We are relying on two guys on offense to stay healthy and our backup qb situation seems tenuous at best. I hope 1 of those guys gets to november. 2 will be a miracle based on how we protect the qb and how reckless GS is with his body.

I'm going to wait till after the Louisville game to determine what we have with the new offense.
Tucker
We actually have a legit QB coach for the first time and an OC coming off a program record breaking year
Refusal to accept anything less than a bowl for any reason whatsoever

hate to be that guy, but what are people using as a barometer for "this team feels different"?

We are relying on two guys on offense to stay healthy and our backup qb situation seems tenuous at best. I hope 1 of those guys gets to november. 2 will be a miracle based on how we protect the qb and how reckless GS is with his body.

I'm going to wait till after the Louisville game to determine what we have with the new offense.

Better OL depth

Better OC / QB coach

Improved secondary

LB corps of studs

Two stud returning corners

WR corps that was inexperienced / green last year now has some proven commodities

Shafer showed he could win

Not suggesting that this team is going to go out and win 9 games, but they could easily kick it up a notch, based upon how they performed last year. They had 5 wins, and numerous games we could have won to get over the hump.

Need to find a way to do so this year.

the kid could be the 10th best QB on the country if they kid ahead of him is 5th he might bail.. who knows.

Yup fans are influenced by bright lights. "Well he's a former 4 star QB, played a year at Florida he must be good" We like to make players good before they actually show it. We did the same thing with Shrader.
Drew Allen had no reason to suck too. I mean c'mon... Oklahoma wanted him.

But it’s not guaranteed that he IS a baller

You can only play the people you've played.
So far, he IS a baller, until proven otherwise by superior talent
Why are you hating on our kids?
Would you have said the same thing about DeVito at a similar stage?
Don't they have about the same reputation at this point in their respective careers?

You can only play the people you've played.
So far, he IS a baller, until proven otherwise by superior talent
Why are you hating on our kids?
Would you have said the same thing about DeVito at a similar stage?
Don't they have about the same reputation at this point in their respective careers?
you said Villari is trash and a kid you've never seen play is a baller, but I'm the hater?

Some people act like it was just Garrett who was limiting our passing game last year. Oline, WR group and play calls also contributed. If everyone ups their game we should be fine. I am looking forward to the season and a fun offense to watch.

Wilson’s got work to do on his deep ball. Im ok with people finding optimism in exciting transfers though. Need some form of hype in this program.

you said Villari is trash and a kid you've never seen play is a baller, but I'm the hater?

No, I said this:

"Did you watch the spring game? Villari was poor, nowhere near as good as I had hoped. Del Rio-Wilson is a baller, but you can't talk about a freshman starter yet. They haven't even opened camp."

Did not call one kid "trash". Did not say the other kid was a starter, but that he has the credentials of being a good QB. Similar credentials to DeVito.

I clearly said you CANNOT talk about DelRio as the starter before camp even opens.

Nuance. Go look it up.

But that doesn't make for good Internet arguments, does it?

No, I said this:

"Did you watch the spring game? Villari was poor, nowhere near as good as I had hoped. Del Rio-Wilson is a baller, but you can't talk about a freshman starter yet. They haven't even opened camp."

Did not call one kid "trash". Did not say the other kid was a starter, but that he has the credentials of being a good QB. Similar credentials to DeVito.

I clearly said you CANNOT talk about DelRio as the starter before camp even opens.

Nuance. Go look it up.

But that doesn't make for good Internet arguments, does it?
I'm still hoping we have something positive with Villari. He certainly dind't look great on a throw or two in the spring game but it was a small sample size. Plus he just got here and was not in a good situation. He didn't have much opportunity playing with the second team O against first team D. The D was on him like white on rice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom