Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

I'm still hoping we have something positive with Villari. He certainly dind't look great on a throw or two in the spring game but it was a small sample size. Plus he just got here and was not in a good situation. He didn't have much opportunity playing with the second team O against first team D. The D was on him like white on rice.

Well, just comparing him to Lamson in the spring game, Lamson got way more snaps and performed far, far better. Villari looked like a lesser version of Shrader to me, but it was just one game.

Well, just comparing him to Lamson in the spring game, Lamson got way more snaps and performed far, far better. Villari looked like a lesser version of Shrader to me, but it was just one game.
Agreed but that is not an apples to apples comparison. Lamson had more opportunities so you could get a better read on truly what he brought but was also playing with the first team O against second team D. But no doubt I liked Lamson much more after watching that game. I'm just saying I don't think we can write Villari off at this point already. Hoping he still shows the aptitude to play if needed. ...Or maybe he eventually switches to football player.

IIRC - Lamson was running with the 1’s on O, going against the 2’s on D.

Villari was the opposite:
Teamed up with the 2’s, going against the 1’s on D.

So yeah - not shocking that the guy who has been here for a year, and playing with more talent, looked far better than the dude who just rolled in, and had to go up against the 1st team D.

So yeah - not shocking that the guy who has been here for a year, and playing with more talent, looked far better than the dude who just rolled in, and had to go up against the 1st team D.
Agree with you and CbusCuse . I'll agree with Matt that VIllari didn't light it up, but it's just not a fair comparison under the circumstances of the spring game.

I think Lamson can be a fine QB but some are making him out to be Bryce Young because he threw 2 TD's passes against a 3rd string early enrollee CB. We have to keep competition faced into consideration.

I think Lamson can be a fine QB but some are making him out to be Bryce Young because he threw 2 TD's passes against a 3rd string early enrollee CB. We have to keep competition faced into consideration.
Agree and I'm speaking as one of those who was probably overly execited until I remembered to keep the circumstances in perspective.

A good QB takes advantage when the defense screws up. Even great defenses screw up a couple of times in a game. Coverage is an ever flowing process that gets interrupted by a screw up here or there.

agreed i can see him leaving although he was positive during the spring game when i spoke with him. My sense is if he doesnt win the starting job next season he is gone

It will be. From everything I’ve seen and heard he loves SU.

Seems to be the common trend with all the kids on the team. Many had opportunities this off-season to leave and they didn’t.

Loyalty in the current locker room with Dino Babers runs DEEP

Let's revisit this at midseason and see if we have kept most of the roster out of the portal. I was badly scarred by last season. What did we lose, about 15 players?

I really like this kid think that he has a great future
From what I saw, he woulda pushed GS to either get good at throwing or passed him bye. That kid is a natural at time of release, accuracy, and arm strength.

Let's revisit this at midseason and see if we have kept most of the roster out of the portal. I was badly scarred by last season. What did we lose, about 15 players?

What….? People left last year? I don’t miss anyone. Are you sure we lost people?

I’m not missing any of the guys who left.

I like the guys we got. Feel is like trended up.

The key is, all of our main key guys returned.

We lost 14 players last year. 2 were starters. The rest moved on because they weren’t getting and we’re never going to get playing time.

Compared to the rest of college football we did really well with losing very little players.

All I’m saying is, Mikel Jones and Sean Tucker, I can almost guarantee we’re staring down hundreds of thousands of dollars to transfer out possibly more and yet they stayed loyal to Syracuse and our coaching staff.

That tells me A LOT about the current locker room.

I agree with ya but it’s not who he went against or them being td’s. It’s how he threw the ball and where he threw it for the receiver to catch it. Haven’t seen that since TD left. He has a good arm with nice mechanics. I think he woulda pushed GS this year without a doubt. I just have bad memories of GS throwing the ball last year. Although VT game pass was legit.

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

BTW this November

@Pitt
FSU
@Wake
@BC

I'm optimistic we can go 2-2 and make a bowl game. This team feels different.
Mark, How different I feel the team is this year. Last year I went to the Ohio game and watched as Garret did not get into the game. I could see him on the sidelines waiting to get in for mop up duty, which never came. Garret stuck with it. He's competitive like Dungy. At the Va Tech game which I also attended. When he passed for the winning touchdown, he got hammered and was down for a while. He then jumped up, fist pumped and ran off the field. When he reached the side line, he chest bumped an asst. coach. Knocked him back about five feet. Garret is competitive. It will be infectious. Go Cuse!

Having kids who aren’t going to play leave is a good thing. The adds through the portal are better than the kids that have left. It’s not really debatable.

The rb from New Mexico St is better than anyone that left.

14. The average was 23 per team so we didn’t do bad and only 2 would be starters.

I'm pretty sure 23 includes the off-season. We lost around the most guys in the country during the actual season. That's was all those SI posts were about.

Having kids who aren’t going to play leave is a good thing. The adds through the portal are better than the kids that have left. It’s not really debatable.

The rb from New Mexico St is better than anyone that left.

On other teams, players who were only 1 snap from starting again might not have left.

So, I think it IS debatable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom