PG situation next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PG situation next year

where are the canadiens ? we should absolutely own the Ontario market. oshae know anybody ?

The Canadiens wouldn't help us.

Actually, come to think of it, this team could use a few hockey goons. Does Montreal have any?

I don't think anyone knows for sure unless he was put into the situation. Also, who would have thought Gbinije would have worked out so well? All I'm saying is that if our only choice is Howard, we may have to exoeriment a little bit.

Gbinije had a terrific season overall and was excellent in he s time here. But make no mistake -- dude was not a PG

if they're tough enuf to climb a wall and swim a river then i say let's give them a chance.

Gbinije had a terrific season overall and was excellent in he s time here. But make no mistake -- dude was not a PG

We made the FF with him... he was more than serviceable. I'd take that sort of experiment any day of the week.

We made the FF with him... he was more than serviceable. I'd take that sort of experiment any day of the week.

I'm not knocking the kid nor our final four run so I'm with you. However, from the perspective of facilitating the offense, G was doing an admirable job while playing out of position. I'm not sure that point is all that debatable. He had better numbers b/c he's a better player. But we could use a real point guard -- it's a huge factor in JB's best teams.

Don't know why people around here keep asking for JUCOs, they're not good. We're better off going the grad transfer route or grabbing a lower ranked guard in high school.

No more Michael Lloyds or Boo Harveys?

As I have said in the other hypothetical PG threads, look for Autry Jr. to emerge onto the scene next season. Will get a bucket each game being a lefty and will chuck from deep with zero fear. Defensively, he has proven from the sidelines to have the kind of passion and fire that we are looking for to command the top of the zone.

Wait. I thought Autry Jr. was being given the keys next year and that we'd be fine and dandy.

As I have said in the other hypothetical PG threads, look for Autry Jr. to emerge onto the scene next season. Will get a bucket each game being a lefty and will chuck from deep with zero fear. Defensively, he has proven from the sidelines to have the kind of passion and fire that we are looking for to command the top of the zone.

So because he celebrates hard on the sideline, he'll be a good defender?

Tell me I missed the sarcasm, please.

Also, chucking from deep with zero fear is not necessarily a good thing. It's often a bad thing, especially if you're not an ACC level basketball player.

So because he celebrates hard on the sideline, he'll be a good defender?

Tell me I missed the sarcasm, please.

Also, chucking from deep with zero fear is not necessarily a good thing. It's often a bad thing, especially if you're not an ACC level basketball player.

Correct, was a joke. Autry Jr won't be in the mix.

But should light it up in some of the early season games.

Interesting one here. Also avg 4.6ast/game

It's interesting but he's more of a two-guard. He ran the point this year because of an injury. 4.6 assists this year but a lot of turnovers too.

It's interesting but he's more of a two-guard. He ran the point this year because of an injury. 4.6 assists this year but a lot of turnovers too.
He is over 6 feet tall at least. It would be strange to have a PG who is actually a PG. I wonder what that feels like.

Was recruited by Pitt out of high school. Wonder if he wants to play at home?

It's grad transfers or bust again

And it seems unlikely we'll see the same success we had this year. Will we find an 18ppg and 11ppg scorers again?
Doesn't seem unlikely to me. 2nd year doing it, should be better actually. JB said it looked at least as good as last year.

Pg - Keene, E Brown or Mobley already on the radar. And this time will be put right in w the first team.

SF has Egor or foreign dude.

so it's another chinese fire drill roster. everybody change seats at the next rest stop and hope and pray the next driver has a license ? does this nonsense seem like a sound strategy to anybody here moving forward ?

Last edited:
so it's another chinese fire drill roster. everybody change seats at the next rest stop and hope and pray the next driver has a license ? does this nonsense seem like a sound strategy to anybody here moving forward ?

Well they just offered Howard Washington, so there could be some good competition between him and Autry Jr, and perhaps Frank Howard if he stays.

Seems to me like a possible sensible, although somewhat risky, temporary strategy. Like you know, to get us out of sanctions.

Second time through it, it should go smoother. This time the cream of the grad pg crop should be applying because it pretty clear they can be the starter from day 1.

So, yes, I think it can/will work. I don't see how this is any more of a "Chinese fire drill" than getting a one and done. Actually it should be better than getting a frosh because of the difference in maturity. And by going with the grad there is more certainty for future recruits as to the makeup of the SU roster.

Well they just offered Howard Washington, so there could be some good competition between him and Autry Jr, and perhaps Frank Howard if he stays.

Stop. Autry did not even start for JD. He will never play at SU. Regardless of who it is...Washington, Ayala, another freshman and/or a 5th year senior grad transfer...they will be bringing in somebody. Autry will never see the court other than in garbage time blowouts. They could pick up a local senior that started this year and is headed to OCC or Buff. State or Cortland and he'd be a better option than Autry.

Enough trolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom