Swofford = Vince McMahon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Swofford = Vince McMahon

biDFHU0.gif

Swofford needs to get the walk down...

So you believe fairness and making correct calls are only significant if you think someone has a chance in your exalted opinion or you are rooting for them. I on the other hand believe making correct calls is always important for the integrity of the game.
This looks and is fishy, especially when added to numerous other incorrect calls during the ACC season. Remember that notorious game where even the league suspended the officials, because they had so obviously allowed a team to win that should not have?
I don't think there was anything "fishy" about it. The flag was thrown immediately and well before Carolina recovered the ball. I don't think there was any home cooking going on. May be a bad call, but nothing underhanded about it.

Thus why they drop the flag at that moment. Refs aren't stupid when it comes to this stuff, it was an insurance policy if done on purpose.

There have been many horrendous call this year, however, that one in a conference championship game blew my mind.

If you watch the play in real time after watching it in slo-mo, it is very easy see how the ref on the field could have been fooled. The kid crosses the plane like a split second after the ball was kicked into the turf. From his vantage point he may not have thought the kicker made contact yet because the kicker literally drove the ball into the ground right at the tee. It's not close in slo-mo, but when you speed it up, that is probably not such an easy call. Just MHO.

BTW, do I get a like for using the word "tee" in a sentence? ;)

The funny thing is, it appears to me that this is a rule that is routinely broken during games, and virtually never flagged.

I get ACC officials have been bad but do people know Swofford's history? He was the AD at UNC and the rest of the ACC lead by Florida State and Clemson believe has a Carolina bias.

There is no chance in h-e-double hockey sticks he ordered the refs to screw UNC. Playoffs be damned. Sometimes bad call are just the refs fault and not the ACC office telling them to screw Clemson.

The refs correctly ejected Clemson's starting FS for targeting in the 2nd quarter. The atmosphere was amazing last night. I was shocked the stadium was 65% Clemson 35% UNC in Charlotte. Now Clemson is close as well but I was shocked it wasn't 50/50 I will post some pictures later.

The ACC didn't screw UNC.

Thus why they drop the flag at that moment. Refs aren't stupid when it comes to this stuff, it was an insurance policy if done on purpose.

If they were that smart and malicious, why wouldn't they just sabotage the previous UNC scoring drive on something that would be significantly less obvious if they got it wrong? Drop a flag or two for holding on that drive and no one would be talking about the refs.

If they were that smart and malicious, why wouldn't they just sabotage the previous UNC scoring drive on something that would be significantly less obvious if they got it wrong? Drop a flag or two for holding on that drive and no one would be talking about the refs.

I have no idea but perhaps they weren't sure that NC would actually score? Again, I am just saying that dropping the flag at that time was the perfect insurance policy if NC did recover the kick because it wasn't reviewable if indeed there was an agenda.

If only Fedora spit on Swofford after, the way Hart did to Vince. One real moment in wrestling.

A text message I sent to my brother who is a UNC graduate and attended the game:

Sorry about the game last night I don't know if you've seen the replays but there was absolutely no offsides on that onside kick. It's calls like that which really make me wonder if refs fix games. He should be fired and barred from ref'ing another game. It's just sad when a ref determines the outcome of a game and not the players. His blown call potentially directly affected the national championship.

I get ACC officials have been bad but do people know Swofford's history? He was the AD at UNC and the rest of the ACC lead by Florida State and Clemson believe has a Carolina bias.

There is no chance in h-e-double hockey sticks he ordered the refs to screw UNC. Playoffs be damned. Sometimes bad call are just the refs fault and not the ACC office telling them to screw Clemson.

The refs correctly ejected Clemson's starting FS for targeting in the 2nd quarter. The atmosphere was amazing last night. I was shocked the stadium was 65% Clemson 35% UNC in Charlotte. Now Clemson is close as well but I was shocked it wasn't 50/50 I will post some pictures later.

The ACC didn't screw UNC.
That's why I previously posted that unc's involvement gave us a chance to see a game with the refs allowed to call it down the middle. That didn't happen though

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but if I were, this would be Example A.

It looked terrible. Still, no conspiracy.

On the other hand, I am somehow okay with UNC getting screwed.

For $6M for the conference? OK. They will pay back UNC by ensuring they get a wrist slap as sanctions from the NCAA.

Does everything he can to make sure Clemson walks out with the belt. Is this "offsides"

FqczEJ6.png

any different from telling Earl Hebner to ring the bell?

Seriesscrewjob.jpg

BRETT SCREWED BRETT

Does everything he can to make sure Clemson walks out with the belt. Is this "offsides"

FqczEJ6.png

any different from telling Earl Hebner to ring the bell?

Seriesscrewjob.jpg
If this is true, it's the first time Swofford has ever done anything to help Clemson out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom