12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

yeah...but reality isn't necessarily the same as being pessimistic.

Pessimistic would be coming into this season I would say "We're gonna have another losing record this year"

Reality would be "I hope we can make the bubble this year"

Unfortunately, some here think that speaking realistically is pessimistic. It's not.
We can disagree, thats fine. Pessimists always claim to be grounded in reality.

There were 2 acc teams in the final four last year.

Overall I agree the league is down and has been. But it’s demise has been over played.

If we were good, we’d be good regardless of the current acc status
Half of the ACC is a Q3 opportunity... including us.

Quantitatively incorrect.
Player Yes GIF by Hyper RPG

Syracuse and Louisville aren’t carrying their load, year after year now.

UNC and Duke happen to both be having down years this year too.
It’s been a few years where the ACC isn’t where it was as top basketball conference, no? I thought this was kind of universally accepted reality?

Overall I agree the league is down and has been. But it’s demise has been over played.

chicken and the egg a bit

just maybe we need to ask is there something systemic vs just our aged HC

(I’d bet $ flowing into SEC/B1G influencing coaching and recruiting along w NIL, transfer portal, ESPN being slightly less influential, etc alongside Syracuse specific reasons is what’s ailing us at the moment)

A couple of weeks back I wondered if we might have the best backcourt in the league. I looked at the numbers and there's a lot of competition for that title. The post season tends to be about backcourts, so the ACc might have another surprise in store for the rest of the country. You never know for sure.

I decided to see what the backcourts of the ACC's top teams look like now:

VIRGINIA
Franklin 12.9p 4.2r 1.3a 0.8to 40% from three
Clark 11.8p 2.7r 5.8a 0.8to 40%
Beekman 9.7p 5.0r 5.0a 2.1to 39%

MIAMI
Wong 16.4p 4.4r 3.5a 1.9to 38%
Miller 15.0p 5.9r 2.6a 1.3to 35%
Pack 13.5p 2.7r 2.6a 1.7to 42%

PITTSBURGH
Burton 15.7p 4.8r 4.4a 2.8to 32%
Elliott 11.0p 4.1r 1.3a 1.0to 42%
Cummings 10.5p 2.7r 2.6a 2.1to 35%

CLEMSON
Hunter 14.3p 2.9r 4.3a 2.4to 36%
Galloway 12.8p 2.2r 2.6a 1.7to 31%
Hemenway 7.5p 1.9r 1.2a 0.6to 47%

NC STATE
Smith 18.1p 3.4r 4.5a 2.3to 34%
Joiner 16.6p 4.7r 3.6a 1.5to 34%
Morsell 12.8p 4.6r 1.0a 0.7to 43%

DUKE
Roach 12.7p 2.4r 3.0a 2.1to 34%
Proctor 8.9p 3.2r 3.0a 1.7to 31%

The top 5 look pretty formidable. (It's interesting that they all play three guards.) Duke doesn't seem to emasrue up but they looked pretty good on Saturday.

yeah...but reality isn't necessarily the same as being pessimistic.

Pessimistic would be coming into this season I would say "We're gonna have another losing record this year"

Reality would be "I hope we can make the bubble this year"

Unfortunately, some here think that speaking realistically is pessimistic. It's not.

Indeed.

It's really not too difficult to comprehend the difference, unless of course, it doesn't fit one's true intentions.

"Realistic thinking is based in the likelihood that something could happen – positive, negative, or neutral. Focusing exclusively on negative consequences is only partially realistic. Considering only overly positive outcomes is not realistic thinking either. Being realistic is about considering both types of results."

Apropos of nothing, I think we greatly overrate the value the Cuse brand and JB actually have. Was chatting with two buddies after hoops last night. One is a UNC fan who actually used to live in chapel hill, where his parents still reside, and the other a Maryland guy. They were shocked when I mentioned that JB only has one championship.

interestedly syracuse only has 3 players in the top 25 ACC MPG
joe at 6, judah at 11 and jesse at 23. normally we'd have 3 in the top 10.

I think the NIT is just too much of a stretch for us currently. My question is: what are we doing to get ready for our Super Bowl next year? (home versus Colgate)
Depends on if there’s a coaching change or not. How long has it been since we’ve been in the march madness bracket?

We are now hoping to upset a possibly NIT-bound Clemson just to improve our own fading NIT chances. Hopefully some of the folks here that are in denial chew on that and reassess.
Good luck with that. We might as well move to the NIAA. Because clearly we don’t want to win.

We are now hoping to upset a possibly NIT-bound Clemson just to improve our own fading NIT chances. Hopefully some of the folks here that are in denial chew on that and reassess.
Angry Chewing GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom