12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

When you get destroyed by lousy teams during the regular season and your hopes of making the tournament are over by mid January if not sooner it sucks. Especially for all of us who realize just how far the program has fallen.

When you get destroyed by lousy teams during the regular season and your hopes of making the tournament are over by mid January if not sooner it sucks. Especially for all of us who realize just how far the program has fallen.
so you're back to JB not coaching until he is 90?

You’re too young to remember the glorious flameouts against powerhouses Navy, Richmond , Rhode Island , Umass (pre Camby).
You’re lucky

Ended up be -300 for Miami currently.

I'll track what it ended up being for the 4 games, just curious.

FWIW, I think we win at least one, prob at home, maybe optimistic though
Crap forgot to track UNC and this one.

0-3. One more to go

The record is deceiving. We were 12-6/5-2 against basically the worst schedule through 18 games I can ever remember. We’ve barely played any good teams. Only 2 teams in the top 30 in NET (UVA and Illini). We beat #51 when they didn’t have Cattour (we all know that would have been a loss if he played). Our second best win is against #88 Cornell, and our third best win is against #152 Richmond. THIRD BEST!

I still think we’ll get to 17 to 19 wins but that is more a reflection on the terrible non-conference schedule and really really bad ACC than anything else.

The record is deceiving. We were 12-6/5-2 against basically the worst schedule through 18 games I can ever remember. We’ve barely played any good teams. Only 2 teams in the top 30 in NET (UVA and Illini). We beat #51 when they didn’t have Cattour (we all know that would have been a loss if he played). Our second best win is against #88 Cornell, and our third best win is against #152 Richmond. THIRD BEST!

I still think we’ll get to 17 to 19 wins but that is more a reflection on the terrible non-conference schedule and really really bad ACC than anything else.
I think it's funny that a factual post about their record at the time and my opinion that it didn't suck has gone on this long.

The ACC is really bad compared to the norm but overall it's the 7th best conference. It's a little annoying to be way behind the big east on the same day we find out the football is selling conference rivalry games to empty baseball stadiums hours away.

I went on KenPom and counted the number of “A” and “B” wins we have had over the regular season. A wins are basically Quad 1 wins and B are Quad 2.

2022-23 - 0 A, 0 B
2021-22 - 0 A, 6 B
2020-21 - 1 A (#71 NC State on road), 4 B
2019-20 - 3 A (#42, #57, #64 on road), 2 B
2018-19 - 3 A (#4 Duke on road, #23 Louisville home, #44 Ohio State)

It has been 3.5 years since we have won a game in the regular season against a Top 30 school by KenPom metrics.

Maybe not... we still have four more games and still a shot at 20 reg season wins. :)

I'd rather be optimistic and come up short than pessimistic and miserable.
yeah...but reality isn't necessarily the same as being pessimistic.

Pessimistic would be coming into this season I would say "We're gonna have another losing record this year"

Reality would be "I hope we can make the bubble this year"

Unfortunately, some here think that speaking realistically is pessimistic. It's not.

yeah...but reality isn't necessarily the same as being pessimistic.

Pessimistic would be coming into this season I would say "We're gonna have another losing record this year"

Reality would be "I hope we can make the bubble this year"

Unfortunately, some here think that speaking realistically is pessimistic. It's not.
Agreed. Some people seem to not want to accept reality about what this program has turned into, so when others speak realistically about what this team can accomplish they take it as pessimism.

Maybe not... we still have four more games and still a shot at 20 reg season wins. :)

I'd rather be optimistic and come up short than pessimistic and miserable.
Maybe not? This is one (if not THE) weakest teams of JBs tenure. The premise of the OP is spectacularly wrong. You can call a spade a spade and still enjoy watching the young guys develop. I've been saying this since at least November.

I haven't had any expectations since we beat WVU in the tourney. I am disappointed that the AD and a large portion of the fanbase has embraced mediocrity and will jump through any number of mental hoops to justify it. I've seen more from Greg Paulus than anybody on staff. Clean house and hire a young talent, or put the big boy pants on and hire Sean Miller... rumor and innuendo against him on this board aside.

Seems like the ACC has declined at the same time as Syracuse. “We suck and so does our league” seems like an opportunity to ask some questions but I know we’re still sharpening pitchforks so maybe let’s bookmark this for an offseason 4-5 years from now.

Seems like the ACC has declined at the same time as Syracuse. “We suck and so does our league” seems like an opportunity to ask some questions but I know we’re still sharpening pitchforks so maybe let’s bookmark this for an offseason 4-5 years from now.
There were 2 acc teams in the final four last year.

Overall I agree the league is down and has been. But it’s demise has been over played.

If we were good, we’d be good regardless of the current acc status

There were 2 acc teams in the final four last year.

Overall I agree the league is down and has been. But it’s demise has been over played.

If we were good, we’d be good
Take it up w the thread. I read we were the 7th conference and not too long ago we were *the* basketball conference

Syracuse and Louisville aren’t carrying their load, year after year now.

UNC and Duke happen to both be having down years this year too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom