12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

Like I said tournament is a pipe dream. Maybe they have a winning season.
I agree but if we actually beat the good teams we have left to play it could happen. UNC Duke UVA wins with only a couple losses and sure things look different.

We haven’t beaten an actual good team this season though and it’s been ugly against the top teir teams like Illinois and UVA.

Syracuse almost beat Miami on their court, almost. That said, Miami is 41 in KP, which is right around where Syracuse had been when they were bubble team every season prior to last season when they dropped to 69 (noice) and had a losing season. This season, SU is No. 86 behind such storied programs as Santa Clara, St. Louis, and BYU. It's going to be a tough slog and they absolutely need to either run the table or win the ACCT. I'm not holding my breath.

This is a weird team with two established seniors and then a hash of freshmen who are finding their way. They play like a middling team plays, get stomped by good teams, hang around with similar teams, win a couple they shouldn't, lose a couple that they shouldn't, and here we are in January with a winning record being the only real goal available for the 2nd season in a row after 7(!) seasons of bubble teams.

I still think we’ll get some good wins this season. The team is young and is hopefully starting to put some things together.

If we’re going g by this weeks top 25 excluding the ACCT there are a total of two (!) chances to beat a ranked team the rest of the season.

If we’re going g by this weeks top 25 excluding the ACCT there are a total of two (!) chances to beat a ranked team the rest of the season.
beating AP top 25 teams doesn’t really matter. It’s all about quad 1 and 2 wins in the NET and beating tourney level teams. There are opportunities on the schedule. We’ll see if we can win some of them.

Last edited:
beating AP top 25 teams doesn’t really matter. It’s all about quad 1 and 2 wins in the NET and beating tourney level teams. There are opportunities on the schedule. We’ll see if we can win some of them.

Fair enough. I don't think about Quadrants often because weve been so middling.

I count 7-8 opportunities for Q1 wins (depending on if you want to sneak in NC State) and while I'm too lazy to calibrate that to opportunities we've had in years past at this time that seems pretty good!

Let's hope!

I assume we need to win a bunch of them, and at this point, make a deep run in the ACC tourney.

Hopefully JB pulls another surprise extension and stays another 7 years lol.

In all honesty the 2016 final 4 run and the 2 subsequent sweet 16 runs cemented our fate.
That and Buddy being good enough to play here.

Wish we got Hop in like ‘17-18 and if he flopped, we would’ve already moved on by now.

We’ve just wasted a half a decade treading water with bricks in our pockets.

Wish we got Hop in like ‘17-18 and if he flopped, we would’ve already moved on by now.

Spot on. I've been saying that exactly for a while now.

No doubt. However, the real program killer was the likelihood of Buddy being a player that at best could find a role by his Junior year, etc. to the reality of being “the guy” on a Syracuse University basketball team. Enough said!

Hopefully JB pulls another surprise extension and stays another 7 years lol.

In all honesty the 2016 final 4 run and the 2 subsequent sweet 16 runs cemented our fate.

If a new coach came in and had a Final Four and two Sweet 16 runs, would that be a bad thing?

If a new coach came in and had a Final Four and two Sweet 16 runs, would that be a bad thing?
With all of the other stuff we are dealing with like 13 to 16 losses a year? We caught lightning in a bottle w the 2016 run. We've seen a marked decline in the program since 2014. You'll take a Final Four run like once a decade and lose all these games we've been losing every year as well?

No doubt. However, the real program killer was the likelihood of Buddy being a player that at best could find a role by his Junior year, etc. to the reality of being “the guy” on a Syracuse University basketball team. Enough said!
We afforded him the going away present of coaching his sons even even one of them was probably not worthy of the time he received . Why ? Because coach had earned it for a lifetime of success and service. Now that debt is paid. Time to go. It’s starting to get comedic

I agree but if we actually beat the good teams we have left to play it could happen. UNC Duke UVA wins with only a couple losses and sure things look different.

We haven’t beaten an actual good team this season though and it’s been ugly against the top teir teams like Illinois and UVA.
We haven’t beaten ANYONE. we beat Louisville by 1 , and they tend to get beaten like a drum by everyone else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom