2017 Yankees Thread | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

It might sound silly after the last couple of weeks, but this feels like overkill in the bullpen, especially when the team really needs starting pitching.
Yankees now have a 2015 Kansas City Royal bullpen.

They only need 5 innings from their starters.

It's a good trade for now. Rutherford sucks to lose but you gotta give up something to get quality. Robertson and Kahnle are quality.

It might sound silly after the last couple of weeks, but this feels like overkill in the bullpen, especially when the team really needs starting pitching.

We just need 4 innings out of the starter.

We'll have a 5th inning guy, a 6th inning guy, a 7th inning guy, an 8th inning guy, and a 9th inning guy. ;)

Yankees now have a 2015 Kansas City Royal bullpen.

They only need 5 innings from their starters.

It's a good trade for now. Rutherford sucks to lose but you gotta give up something to get quality. Robertson and Kahnle are quality.
Pass

DDSbo6_XkAA5V7t

Todd Frazier 1998 as a LLWS winner.

By getting Todd Frazier, the Yankees not only potentially upgrade a corner IF position, they also keep him away from the sux, who probably needed him more than the Yankees...any time the Yankees can hose the sux is a good day!

Rutherford is/was stuck behind Clint Frazier, Judge, Gardner, DLsbury and Hicks (when he comes back). Not to mention leaving a spot open for potential pick up of Harper.

After a good night's sleep, I still hate the deal. I believe individual relievers are overvalued in MLB. It's why I also hated signing Chapman to a huge deal. There is no denying that bullpens are extremely valuable. The Royals of whatever year it was demonstrated this. Individuals that make up bullpens are not that valuable. There is no huge shortage of adequate relievers. Relievers are almost all flawed pitchers who excelled once they were allowed to let loose over one or two innings and focus on just two pitches. Obviously, not every failed starter becomes a good reliever. Kahnle has already proven himself so he is certainly an asset, but I just can't get behind trading a valued commodity for a relief pitcher and two rentals (edit: I forgot Robertson was under control through 2018).

The notion that Rutherford would never play outfield for the Yankees is irrelevant. He was a commodity that could have been packaged with other commodities to acquire something the Yankees actually needed.

By the way, Frasier is barely better than Headley, if at all.

Since 2012
Frazier: wOBA = .337, wRC+ = 111 WAR = 18.4

Headley: wOBA = .328, wRC+ = 109, WAR = 20.3

Last edited:
By getting Todd Frazier, the Yankees not only potentially upgrade a corner IF position, they also keep him away from the sux, who probably needed him more than the Yankees...any time the Yankees can hose the sux is a good day!

Rutherford is/was stuck behind Clint Frazier, Judge, Gardner, DLsbury and Hicks (when he comes back). Not to mention leaving a spot open for potential pick up of Harper.
I like the move for Frazier, even though he really hasn't been that good lately as donniesyracuse rightly points out. Sometimes these veterans get a bump when they come to NY and put on the pinstripes for the first time. I have a feeling that might play out here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom