2022 NFL Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Jets are idiots in general and have plenty of assets to burn, so makes sense to me.

But the team would be interested because they have a desperate need for receiving help and need to figure out what they have in Wilson.

Ya at first glance it doesn't' make a lot of sense but when you look at it deeper you can see why the Jets would trade for him. Clearly Hill wants major $$ but if he going to be OK with losing as many games in the first two months of the season as he usually does the entire year? Doesn't seem like it will take long before he gets disillusioned.

What would the jets need him for ? Go 6-11 instead of 4-13? And blow draft capital while at it ?
They need to accelerate Wilson's development and see what they have. 1 year of his rookie deal has already been blown and a 2nd one is about to be because their roster currently is rough. 2 options appear to be having Hill or choice of Drake London/Garret Wilson along with another top 50 pick and $15-18m of cap space. Most rational people would rather have the latter group but I can see why having a sure thing for the next few years is appealing.

Jets are idiots in general and have plenty of assets to burn, so makes sense to me.

But the team would be interested because they have a desperate need for receiving help and need to figure out what they have in Wilson.
Let’s blow draft capital on a receiver who is likely going to be in a decline phase even though we have no legit aspirations at being competitive just so we can “see what we have” at Qb because we are incapable of projecting otherwise ? Seems a moronic way to run a franchise

Can Tua throw the ball far enough to exploit hills speed?
He actually throws a pretty good deep ball. It's the intermediate passes into tight windows that have always been an issue. If the OLine upgrades turn things around, Tua is set up well for success this year.

More or less the same package as Adams. Wonder if the Dolphins now need to dump Parker for a 4 or 5 to recoup a pick and relax their WR spending.

Hate it. Not a Tyreek fan in the slightest.

More or less the same package as Adams. Wonder if the Dolphins now need to dump Parker for a 4 or 5 to recoup a pick and relax their WR spending.
Adams is a better overall player….

Dolphins weapons best in the league.
Probably true, though we need to see where some of these other WRs end up I think. As it stands, the only team's weapons that I think you can even really attempt to debate would be Tampa (assuming they bring Gronk back). Probably better #2 and #3 WR and maybe better TE. But obviously Hill is better than whichever Bucs WR you think is #1 and I'd take Miami's RBs over Fournette.

Tua throws a beautiful deepball. His problem’s tight windows and our previous staffs horrid playcalling.

Tua isn't even guaranteed to be the starter if you heard Bridgewater's comments.

Dolphins weapons best in the league.
All the weapons in the world don’t matter if the guy pulling the trigger can’t shoot straight

Tua isn't even guaranteed to be the starter if you heard Bridgewater's comments.
It's not technically a guarantee but I would be incredibly shocked if Tua isn't starting Week 1 (assuming he makes it through the preseason healthy). Teddy has proven time and time again that he's a below average QB. Tua hasn't really had a chance in the NFL up to this point but he offers more upside than Teddy and probably the same floor.

Tua’s also never had a running game or competent line.

Both were addressed.

Aside from recognizing Hill’s issues as a person, the Dolphins are building a contender.

Aside from recognizing Hill’s issues as a person
If you'd like crib notes on "how its actually not as bad as it seems once you hear the whole story," let me know.

Tua’s also never had a running game or competent line.

Both were addressed.

Aside from recognizing Hill’s issues as a person, the Dolphins are building a contender.
They figured they might as well trade draft picks before the NFL takes them away for their owner trying to lose games

Adams is a better overall player….
It's close and I'd lean Adams but the 15 month age gap is also significant at this point.

No doubt some other guys had better statistics this year, but Tyreek with the combination of Mahomes changed defensive game plans more than any other duo in the NFL.

The fear of the home run is there with him more than any other player.

KC is not going to be able to replace that.

No doubt some other guys had better statistics this year, but Tyreek with the combination of Mahomes changed defensive game plans more than any other duo in the NFL.

The fear of the home run is there with him more than any other player.

KC is not going to be able to replace that.
I'm wayyyy happier as a Bills fan to face him twice on the Dolphins then in the playoffs with the Chiefs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom