2022 NFL Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

I’d prefer Williams in 1 but I know thats not what bill does

Williams is going to be a star. Probably in KC
I like Olave the best of the first round WR.

London has bust written all over.
Williams has speed but I am not as high on him as others.

Dotson/PickensMetchie are the guys linked with the Pats.

I think the Jets will take Wilson.

Packers and Chiefs are going to get a first round WR.

It's pretty clear that the Eagles are betting that the Saints will be weak this year and next. Who knows? Roseman is crafty and imaginative with these type of trades. The only problem is he's not all that hot at making good draft selections.

Basically the Eagles are giving up the 16th pick this year FOR a 3rd this year, a 1st next year, and a 2nd the following year. I don't see the Saints being that great next year, so that 1st next year could be even higher (and in what is considered a stronger draft). Steal for the Birds imo.

Eagles are still ahead of the Saints, so if a QB is there and a team wants to move ahead of the Saints... Howie could fleece another team.

But point still stands that Howie needs to nail the 1st round picks that they do have.

Basically the Eagles are giving up the 16th pick this year FOR a 3rd this year, a 1st next year, and a 2nd the following year. I don't see the Saints being that great next year, so that 1st next year could be even higher (and in what is considered a stronger draft). Steal for the Birds imo.

Eagles are still ahead of the Saints, so if a QB is there and a team wants to move ahead of the Saints... Howie could fleece another team.

But point still stands that Howie needs to nail the 1st round picks that they do have.

He did well last year, with DeVonta Smith and that solid OL from 'Bama in the second round.

Even if the Saints have a good season, he still has two #1's this year, an added third this year, two more #1's next year, and a second in 2024.

I like the trade for the Birds, and I think N'Awlins definitely has their sights most likely on a QB. Of course, Howie is ahead of the Saints with each of their picks, so, if someone gets desperate...

He did well last year, with DeVonta Smith and that solid OL from 'Bama in the second round.

Even if the Saints have a good season, he still has two #1's this year, an added third this year, two more #1's next year, and a second in 2024.

I like the trade for the Birds, and I think N'Awlins definitely has their sights most likely on a QB. Of course, Howie is ahead of the Saints with each of their picks, so, if someone gets desperate...
Agreed. Last year's early picks were good ones. But we need that more consistently.

I like having multiple ones in back to back drafts.. and the extra pick this year and in '24. At best, I think the Saints are middle of the road team, so say #16... but I think they are more likely worse than that. 7-8 win team.. bottom 10-12 team. We shall see.

Agreed. Last year's early picks were good ones. But we need that more consistently.

I like having multiple ones in back to back drafts.. and the extra pick this year and in '24. At best, I think the Saints are middle of the road team, so say #16... but I think they are more likely worse than that. 7-8 win team.. bottom 10-12 team. We shall see.
As an Iggles' fan, it's fun to root AGAINST teams based on future draft picks. Having said that, New Orleans is one of my fave cities, so my interest will be somewhat muted.

Nothing beat Wentz and the Colts pooping the bed last season, though. For so many reasons. Wentz was who we THOUGHT he was.

I agree that last year's draft looks decent so far. Milton Williams shows promise, too. But the 2017, 2019 and 2020 drafts were sub-par at best.

This trade is all about the Saints and whether Howie can execute well with the picks. Personally I'm not all that confident in his drafting ability. If NO is a playoff team then this is an ok trade at best. On the other hand if NO goes 6-11 or worse then this is a great trade. NO does play in a weak division so I could see a .8-9 or 9-8 type showing which would put the 2023 pick right back in this mid-teen range.

The Eagles have a lot of needs. The OL is getting kinda long in the tooth with Johnson and Kelce. Cox and Graham are on their last legs on the DL. Linebacker has been a gaping hole for many years now. They're very thin at DB, the safety position is meh. And they've drafted a million WRs and have one good one.

It seems that Howie is trying to position himself to draft a QB next year by packaging picks to trade up. I get the holy grail search for the QB, and I'm not at all sold on Hurts, but some of the needs mentioned above shouldn't go unaddressed year after year. The Birds have done little to address major needs on the defense for quite some time.

I agree that last year's draft looks decent so far. Milton Williams shows promise, too. But the 2017, 2019 and 2020 drafts were sub-par at best.

This trade is all about the Saints and whether Howie can execute well with the picks. Personally I'm not all that confident in his drafting ability. If NO is a playoff team then this is an ok trade at best. On the other hand if NO goes 6-11 or worse then this is a great trade. NO does play in a weak division so I could see a .8-9 or 9-8 type showing which would put the 2023 pick right back in this mid-teen range.

The Eagles have a lot of needs. The OL is getting kinda long in the tooth with Johnson and Kelce. Cox and Graham are on their last legs on the DL. Linebacker has been a gaping hole for many years now. They're very thin at DB, the safety position is meh. And they've drafted a million WRs and have one good one.

It seems that Howie is trying to position himself to draft a QB next year by packaging picks to trade up. I get the holy grail search for the QB, and I'm not at all sold on Hurts, but some of the needs mentioned above shouldn't go unaddressed year after year. The Birds have done little to address major needs on the defense for quite some time.
Well, they still have two firsts, a second, and two thirds this year. Ten picks in all.

I agree that the Saints must have their eyes on a QB. Y'know, the Iggles could still move back a bit in the first round and pick up another pick if a team gets desperate. Or, move up slightly, maybe give up one of their thirds if someone they really like falls.

I agree--it's all on Howie, who generally has done better in free agency than in the draft. But this isn't a star-studded draft, rather one where you can effectively fill holes.

Of one thing I'm certain--at some point, I'll be texting my brother, who is also a huge Iggles fan, with the message, "What the bleep is Howie doing???" Like when he took that Shamar Miller from Ped State and that really speedy LB from Colorado who had almost no experience. Taking Jordan Mailata with that 7th-round pick sorta balances that out, though.

Well, they still have two firsts, a second, and two thirds this year. Ten picks in all.

I agree that the Saints must have their eyes on a QB. Y'know, the Iggles could still move back a bit in the first round and pick up another pick if a team gets desperate. Or, move up slightly, maybe give up one of their thirds if someone they really like falls.

I agree--it's all on Howie, who generally has done better in free agency than in the draft. But this isn't a star-studded draft, rather one where you can effectively fill holes.

Of one thing I'm certain--at some point, I'll be texting my brother, who is also a huge Iggles fan, with the message, "What the bleep is Howie doing???" Like when he took that Shamar Miller from Ped State and that really speedy LB from Colorado who had almost no experience. Taking Jordan Mailata with that 7th-round pick sorta balances that out, though.
Yeah the Mailata pick was a major home run.

I wouldn't be surprised if NO is looking at Matt Corral who played in their neck of the woods.

I think Howie is clever with the draft and concocting these trades to extract extra value. He also seems to be a salary cap wizard as well. On draft night I'd prefer they change the locks at the NovaCare complex.

Yeah the Mailata pick was a major home run.

I wouldn't be surprised if NO is looking at Matt Corral who played in their neck of the woods.

I think Howie is clever with the draft and concocting these trades to extract extra value. He also seems to be a salary cap wizard as well. On draft night I'd prefer they change the locks at the NovaCare complex.

Yeah. Jaelin Reagor, Sidney Jones, Arcieniga-Whiteside (although I liked him), Sharif Miller. He is not immune from some real stinkers.

I sorta think he's listening to his coordinators more, and picking players who fit their systems.

Of course, when the coordinators move on and the systems change...

Allen & Mahomes vs Brady and Rodgers

I know who 99.9% of the country won’t be routing for

If Samuel is going to stay with the Niners then he needs to get paid ASAP. The way SF uses him as a WR/RB it wouldn't surprise me if he's out of the NFL in 3-4 years. Nobody his size can sustain that kind of punishment for very long.

If Samuel is going to stay with the Niners then he needs to get paid ASAP. The way SF uses him as a WR/RB it wouldn't surprise me if he's out of the NFL in 3-4 years. Nobody his size can sustain that kind of punishment for very long.

He's already missed time going back to his college days too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom