2022 NFL Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Denver has way more talent then Seattle. Seattle losing Adams is like Denver losing Sutton and Gordon. I dont know who was missing for Denver tonight but thats inexcusable.
Winning on the road in the NFL is never easy particularly in that stadium. . Bad loss for sure but it would be different if they got thoroughly outplayed. Not the case. Denver fumbled twice down on the goal line and of course the brutal coaching at the end.

Agree, it's a 60 minute game, the last play was just one play. Three trips inside the ten coming away with zip due to two fumbles and a 4th down stop was what cost Denver the game. A bigger question is why was the Seattle D in Denver's grille every time? Either Hackett's too predictable or he got outsmarted by the guy who wouldn't give the ball to Marshawn with a Super Bowl one yard away.

Winning on the road in the NFL is never easy particularly in that stadium. . Bad loss for sure but it would be different if they got thoroughly outplayed. Not the case. Denver fumbled twice down on the goal line and of course the brutal coaching at the end.

100%, Denver had multiple opportunities in the red zone and playing on the road is rarely easy in the NFL with some exceptions. Still it is Geno Smith and a Seattle roster that's probably one of the least talented in the NFL.

Why are coaching staffs so dumb? These aren’t difficult decisions, second longest fg in HISTORY vs 4th and 5
It's crazy in that at the highest level of football, week in and week out, there are game management (mostly end game) decision that are elementary and regularly botched. Followed by a paragraph of BS as to why the coach did what they did - see Zac Taylor and Hackett this week. Someone else will be doing the same thing next week. It's insane.

It's crazy in that at the highest level of football, week in and week out, there are game management (mostly end game) decision that are elementary and regularly botched. Followed by a paragraph of BS as to why the coach did what they did - see Zac Taylor and Hackett this week. Someone else will be doing the same thing next week. It's insane.

It's been said repeatedly on here over time, so it's not an original thought but still relevant, these people clearly never played Tecmo Bowl growing up (where clock mgmt was the ONLY way to ensure victory)

Some of these guys just outsmart themselves. Denver has one of the best power RBs in the league with Williams. The 1st time they were inside the 1, they gave the ball to Melvin Gordon instead who proceeded to fumble. The 2nd time they actually gave the ball to Williams but did so out of the shotgun and with the playclock about to hit 0 which screwed up the timing of the play and it got blown up.

I can't imagine the analytics say to spread out the defense from the half yard line with a big RB in lieu of going into your goal line set and trying to pound that thing in there. You are just adding a bunch of more things that can go wrong to try and gain some edge that probably doesn't exist.

100%, Denver had multiple opportunities in the red zone and playing on the road is rarely easy in the NFL with some exceptions. Still it is Geno Smith and a Seattle roster that's probably one of the least talented in the NFL.
Not sure about that. Better than half the rosters in the AFC East.

Taylor should be getting slammed more than he is. Not challenging the Chase would be TD before they turned it over on downs was one of the worst mistakes by a coach ever.

Not sure about that. Better than half the rosters in the AFC East.

Seattles? LOL, they would have by far the worst roster in the AFC East, I'd even take the Jets over theirs.

Seattles? LOL, they would have by far the worst roster in the AFC East, I'd even take the Jets over theirs.

I don't see it. The Patriots or Jets don't have any skill players as good as Penny, Metcalf and Lockett. And there's a good chance they finish in the top 10-15 in points allowed.

I don't see it. The Patriots or Jets don't have any skill players as good as Penny, Metcalf and Lockett. And there's a good chance they finish in the top 10-15 in points allowed.

Seattle probably has better skill guys then the Pats but overall the Pats still have a better roster when you look at the defense Oline TE and QB. Jets are a mess but there is talent there on both sides of the ball and a lot of it young talent (Gardner, Hall, Lawson, Carter(x2), the young WR's etc. Jet's Oline has no left tackle and QB situation is a mess.

With Adams now out, I don't know that Seattle has a single above average starter on their roster outside of the 2 WRs. Maybe Diggs?

With Adams now out, I don't know that Seattle has a single above average starter on their roster outside of the 2 WRs. Maybe Diggs?

They have a good pair of TE's in Fant and Dissly but ya the overall roster besides the WR's and Penny when healthy is less then optimal.

Seattle probably has better skill guys then the Pats but overall the Pats still have a better roster when you look at the defense Oline TE and QB. Jets are a mess but there is talent there on both sides of the ball and a lot of it young talent (Gardner, Hall, Lawson, Carter(x2), the young WR's etc. Jet's Oline has no left tackle and QB situation is a mess.
We'll see. The Patriots look awful offensively everywhere going back to the preseason. Some of that is on Mac and Belichick the GM. Every year Brady is away Belichicks reputation takes more of a hit.

Taylor should be getting slammed more than he is. Not challenging the Chase would be TD before they turned it over on downs was one of the worst mistakes by a coach ever.
He calls all the plays and gets lost on in game events. The franchise is going to rue giving him a contract extension after last year's run.

He calls all the plays and gets lost on in game events. The franchise is going to rue giving him a contract extension after last year's run.
He took the Bungles to the Super Bowl last year. With where they were previously, he should be able to take a dump on the 50 mid-game for the next 5+ years if he so chooses.

Makes me feel good that Brett Favre’s last pass as a Packer was picked off by Corey Webster as my Giants booted them from the 2007 playoffs.

Also, Packer QBs are some scumbag weirdos.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Some of these guys just outsmart themselves. Denver has one of the best power RBs in the league with Williams. The 1st time they were inside the 1, they gave the ball to Melvin Gordon instead who proceeded to fumble. The 2nd time they actually gave the ball to Williams but did so out of the shotgun and with the playclock about to hit 0 which screwed up the timing of the play and it got blown up.

I can't imagine the analytics say to spread out the defense from the half yard line with a big RB in lieu of going into your goal line set and trying to pound that thing in there. You are just adding a bunch of more things that can go wrong to try and gain some edge that probably doesn't exist.
Melvin gordon is always good for a couple catastrophic fumbles a year.

I didn't watch this game bit did see the field pregame, etc. Chicago needs a new field ASAP...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom