2023 Transfer Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

That would be awsome but heard he’s done with lacrosse … but if he changes his mind that would be HUGE!!!!

My thought is that he has a year. Based on what people have posted, we're no doubt going to lose some kids this fall. If we lose up to the equivalent of a full scholarship, why not see if he can be enticed to come onboard as a one-semester rental? Campus is a pretty straight shot from home, and I assume we have a grad program or certificate that would work for him. Free school. One more year of competition. Chance to play against the best week in and out.

Last edited:
i'd rather off myself than go to that website. no thanks!

nope just meant that we already know teams like unc lost just as much to the portal as what theyre bringing in. compare that to a team like notre dame who didn't lose anyone of note to the portal. paints a very different and more complete picture of portal action than just listing out what teams are bringing in.

can't say for sure but i suspect cuse is done with the portal for this offseason. if they are bringing in anyone else i havent heard about it. most of the big names who are still left have all moved on with their lives.
Dang was hoping for anything dying for some news about anything lax.

I was actually thinking he might be waiting til after this semester because he doesn't want to play fall ball. Heck that's fine with me if we can get him in January just for the season. Maybe they know something and that's why they didn't go hard for any veteran Fogos. Wouldn't that be awesome? Haha

ready your sad violins

news of LIU FOGO justin joseph to drexel is starting to trickle in

i don't know that cuse ever even gave him a call

and no mike sisselberger is not going to cuse either lol

ready your sad violins

We got a rookie who put up the same percentage numbers as the LIU guy in year 4 against quite similar competition. If I was to chose between the two I would want the canisius guy. Still a bummer because the depth would be ideal. Most of the tough opponents Siracusa faced were in his first month of college lax. More likely that the LIU guy is closer to his ceiling than Siracusa is.

We got a rookie who put up the same percentage numbers as the LIU guy in year 4 against quite similar competition. If I was to chose between the two I would want the canisius guy. Still a bummer because the depth would be ideal. Most of the tough opponents Siracusa faced were in his first month of college lax. More likely that the LIU guy is closer to his ceiling than Siracusa is.

Yup agree with your thoughts here. Would have loved to have added the LIU kid as well to give two quality depth options but between the 2 the Canisius transfer has more eligibility and potentially a higher ceiling. Still hope someone shakes free in the fall via a late transfer etc.

Last edited:
I kinda like the sound of Syrachiusa though...maybe potential merch idea if he proves to be anything worthwhile??

I would say the LIU guy faced better comp in Zach Cole (St Joes) twice and the two Bryant kids. The Bryant kid had his way with Lasalla last yr in Tournament. He's bigger stronger and a vet. Having them both would have been nice. The kid we got could be good but he's small. He's gotta get bigger or he has no shot.

Also the LIU kid from what I was told was the most improved player. He didn't play much two yrs ago due to weight issues. He lost a lot of weight yet he's still a thick strong kid if u watch some of their highlights. So I would think with TD he could improve. Having them both would be nice. If the younger kid struggles and is getting pushed around we have a better shot with the bigger LIU kid. He definitely faced better comp. He also had Adam Shea from Hobart who is pretty good to. The NEC with St Joes, Bryant, LIU and Hobart is a tougher conference then the MAAC. St Joes finished ranked like 17th and went to OT with Penn then lost a close one to Yale in the tournament. I watched that game they have a lot of talent on that team.

ready your sad violins

'Cuse might have to double pole the FO like ND did for a number of years. Hope not, but they may to game plan for it.

Speaking of St Joes I see Carter Page is playing Attack with Hiltz for team Canada. He scored over 50 goals last season for St Joes. He's a beast in front of the cage. Ross Scott is also on Canada. Their gonna be tough to beat. Should be a good game tomo

Also the LIU kid from what I was told was the most improved player. He didn't play much two yrs ago due to weight issues. He lost a lot of weight yet he's still a thick strong kid if u watch some of their highlights. So I would think with TD he could improve. Having them both would be nice. If the younger kid struggles and is getting pushed around we have a better shot with the bigger LIU kid. He definitely faced better comp. He also had Adam Shea from Hobart who is pretty good to. The NEC with St Joes, Bryant, LIU and Hobart is a tougher conference then the MAAC. St Joes finished ranked like 17th and went to OT with Penn then lost a close one to Yale in the tournament. I watched that game they have a lot of talent on that team.
It is a bummer we didn’t grab both. I don’t think he is necessarily a boatload better FOGO than the canisius guy, but when our need is a guy to come in and keep us afloat right away there maybe should be less concern about the ceiling. As others have said I really hope we have an ace up our sleeve.

It is a bummer we didn’t grab both. I don’t think he is necessarily a boatload better FOGO than the canisius guy, but when our need is a guy to come in and keep us afloat right away there maybe should be less concern about the ceiling. As others have said I really hope we have an ace up our sleeve.
Just the fact he's bigger. That's the only thing that scares me with this Canisius kid. He looks like he can be good it's just he weighs 160 LBs and when I watched the Air Force game he got pushed around. The LIU kid is a lot bigger. So if we had both I would feel better. Don't look like it's happening so hopefully someone else enters the portal next semester with experience.

Official on Jospeh to Drexel. Too bad SU couldn't add him. Still very nervous about the face-off situation.

This is what I'm talking about. We have a freshmen recruit coming in for 2022, we have other unproven FOGOs on roster yet, already added a transfer FOGO, but we want to add another FOGO and stifle development. We brought recruits in, let them play and let the coaching staff do it's job.

This is what I'm talking about. We have a freshmen recruit coming in for 2022, we have other unproven FOGOs on roster yet, already added a transfer FOGO, but we want to add another FOGO and stifle development. We brought recruits in, let them play and let the coaching staff do it's job.
Disagree here. Think that attitude has to go completely out the window with face offs. We need to win as many faceoffs as humanly possible every year or the whole team will suffer in huge ways. It can never wait until next year or for someone to hit their stride with development.

Disagree here. Think that attitude has to go completely out the window with face offs. We need to win as many faceoffs as humanly possible every year or the whole team will suffer in huge ways. It can never wait until next year or for someone to hit their stride with development.

Agree 100%. Especially with this young group. They need the ball.

I have no doubt that we will have another quality FOGO in before spring practice starts.

Then why would the staff even bother recruiting a FOGO coming out of high school with that kind of thought process? As a recruit, that would tell me that the coaching staff doesn't really believe in me before I even set foot on campus.

Keep in mind at this point there is only one returning FOGO right now on the roster, that's it. Also if the info coming out is true he's not considered a viable option as a starter at this level. The incoming frosh FOGO is not considered a highly rated guy and was not recruited by Gait. That gave SU two FOGO's coming into the fall. SU at minimum needed to bring in 2 FOGO's this off-season. The fact we only have 1 at this point is very concerning.

Not to mention there aren't 3 or 4 FOGO's on the roster right now waiting for an opportunity. There is one guy a Sophmore who took like 3 draws total last year and from what I have heard isn't expected to be in a position to start. FOGO situation right now is extremely worrisome.

Not to mention there aren't 3 or 4 FOGO's on the roster right now waiting for an opportunity. There is one guy a Sophmore who took like 3 draws total last year and from what I have heard isn't expected to be in a position to start. FOGO situation right now is extremely worrisome.
I don't think we are saying anything here the coaching staff isn't well aware of. I HAVE to believe there is a game plan here. They are all experienced and smart enough to know that coaching and development will only take you so far. You need to have talent, self-will, and grit to succeed at this position...these are near impossible to coach into someone. I think (based on no actual factual evidence) that at some point we will be pleasantly surprised by a transfer than can contribute right away (Not Richiusa). Hopefully they are working on someone behind closed doors.

Either that or next season is gonna be very rough.

Interesting note...during March time at Princeton, they had no true face off guy, Currier took almost every draw. In Petros last few seasons at Hop they struggled at the X...maybe the staff doesnt truly believe in the positional need? Crazy but worth noting.

Also. I saw Sisselberger in Lake Placid. People were asking him about a return to college lacrosse. Not happening.

Dead on. We can't risk a top recruit and what could be a legendary attack line standing around. and we don't have a proven goalie ready to face 40 shots a game. The transfer epidemic is only getting worse and we're already in a precarious position.

I keep hoping to GG and Co have something up their proverbial sleeves, but the closer we get to the fall, the more I'm relegating myself to the fact that this isn't likely the case. I still have PTSD from attending the 2013 championship game and this is not helping...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom