2025 Transfer Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

The only response to the turtle post was a random guy saying Spallina to MD. Jordie liked it fwiw.

The only response to the turtle post was a random guy saying Spallina to MD. Jordie liked it fwiw.
but if you read futher into the replies they guy who said JS to Md admitted he was just speculating (i.e., made it up) based on Jordie's prior posts.

but if you read futher into the replies they guy who said JS to Md admitted he was just speculating (i.e., made it up) based on Jordie's prior posts.
This is one of those inception things were the guy is just BS’ng but Jordie liked it you could assume that’s what Jordie believes….etc

THIS MFER! IVE HAD IT UP TO HERE!

On a serious note I’d like to meet him and discuss the events unfolding, I’d like his address please. No harm no foul.
I believe he’s in Albany at the PLL :)

This was a fun rollercoaster of a thread to catch up on a few days late.
Board never disappoints lol!
So I know to much information but my father passed so haven’t been able to check in on the “news” for many days. I come back to this craziness. Wow. Seems it all is good in the end.

Now my dad loved SU lacrosse so a championship next May would be greatly appreciated

So I know to much information but my father passed so haven’t been able to check in on the “news” for many days. I come back to this craziness. Wow. Seems it all is good in the end.

Now my dad loved SU lacrosse so a championship next May would be greatly appreciated
Condolences to you and your family. A Championship would be a great way to honor the memory of your dad.

Sorry bout you father and earlier this year my mother in law was on death bed n wife and I asked for win over hopkins which we got n mother in law passed the next morning so i got what i asked for hope you do to.
He did NOT like Hopkins. Thanks all. All is good. Just had to laugh ( best medicine) when I come back and see all this about Joey in the portal. Crazy world with the portal.

A possible fitting way to end the weekend on this thread for those who participated in the infamous rumored new coaching hire on the Football Board over Thanksgiving Weekend --> after 6,277 posts on 252 pages:

A possible fitting way to end the weekend on this thread for those who participated in the infamous rumored new coaching hire on the Football Board over Thanksgiving Weekend --> after 6,277 posts on 252 pages:

IMG_9182.jpg

Credit illestcuse for the photo.
Get all those kiddos Syracuse hoodies like big brother.

Last edited:
Hopefully moving on from the nonsense from this weekend and trying to do some housecleaning on the transfer market in general. Apologies if some of these have already been mentioned but it's hard to keep track sometimes!

FO Tyler Sandoval: Princeton to Villanova
A Jeb Brenfleck: Penn State to High Point
A Fulton Bayman: Notre Dame to Georgetown
A Russ Mahar: Johns Hopkins to NJIT (former SU commit)
FO Ethan Barnard: Bowdoin to Rutgers
A Davis Lindsay: Loyola to Tampa (D2)

Still some very good players in the portal. Hopfan16 over at FanLax has done a good job of keeping who has entered and who is going where. These are the ones I have my eye on. Not necessarily for Syracuse (though a few of these would be good additions).

Attack:
Eric Malever, Maryland
Luke Grayum, Richmond
Matthew Keegan, Binghamton
Chris Patterson, Hobart
Greyson Vorgang, Denver

Midfield:
Johnny Hackett, Bryant
Vinnie Trujillo, Syracuse
Charles Balsamo, Duke
Nick Rizzo, High Point

Faceoff:
Nick Ramsey, Yale

Defense:
AJ Hernandez, Navy
Brooks Rhine, Hobart

Goalie:
Luke Staudt, Loyola
Connor Theriault, Brown

Basically the only guy I could really see us using on offense is Hackett from Bryant, assuming Balsamo is off the table. With Spallina, Thomson, Deere, Elijah Brown, and others already in the fold, I think we are maxed out with guys who are not going to be breaking ankles and drawing slides, but will still get you a heck of a lot, with either passing/two man stuff or off ball play. None of those attack candidates move the needle enough for me where they could beat out Spallina Leo or Hiltz. They are either lefties, where there is overcrowding already, or not strong enough off the dodge.

Hackett could step in and be at the very least the same sort of dodging problem that Stevens was on offense. Maybe could play the wing as well, even though he (or anyone) will be a downgrade compared to Stevens there. His first step is high quality. Only significant concern is his 27% shooting, but that is with him consistently drawing the longpole matchup, which he is far less likely to receive here. He also appears to be a lefty, but we have more of a need for those at middie if Leo is slotted at attack next year.

Sorry about your Dad. Right after my Mom passed away the Rangers won the cup in 1994. I always thought there was a connection there, so hopefully we'll see the same next spring! Condolences to you and your family.

Sorry about your Dad. Right after my Mom passed away the Rangers won the cup in 1994. I always thought there was a connection there, so hopefully we'll see the same next spring! Condolences to you and your family.
Thank you for kind words. When Syracuse wins next year - and they will win with Leo at attack and Rhoa putting up huge numbers - there will be smiles and tears.

Koleton Marquis is apparently in the portal. Best friends with Trey Deere and played on the Orangeville Northmen with Spalinna, et al. Hasn’t played much in the ncaa much.

Koleton Marquis is apparently in the portal. Best friends with Trey Deere and played on the Orangeville Northmen with Spalinna, et al. Hasn’t played much in the ncaa much.

Unfortunately we will probably have to pass. Just too many guys with his sort of skill set already in the fold. Crawley and co seemed to not play anyone who was skilled but not a strong 1v1 dodger. We play a decent amount of those indoor lax types, with a good deal of success, but cant really afford to give time to even more. Our need if anything is for a more speedy slide drawing type. Plenty of stick skill wizards already out there. He is friends with Deere, but it feels like it would instantly be a battle between the two of them for some kind of spot. Would rather just roll with Deere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom