2025 Transfer Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Ya not surprised unfortunately, seemed destined for UVa or Duke or Maryland. Never heard of us really being involved. A certain players father at UVA probably isn't thrilled with this development.

You have to imagine that Hackett is taking playing time from one of the Colseys. I wanted to see what a potential UVA lineup would look like next year. They have so many pieces, but so many questions.

Attack: McCabe Millon, Truit Sunderland, Kyle Cosley
Midfield 1: Griffin Schutz, Johnny Hackett, Jack Boyden (?)
Midfield 2: Joey Terenzi, Hudson Hausmann, Ryan Colsey

Still would have the following players to choose from -
-Ryan Dunkel, Sean Browne (5 star freshmen)
-Chase Band, Cualley Deringer, Will Erdman, Willis Burt (current freshmen that redshirted, former four stars)

That looks like a pretty good squad on paper. But Millon and Schutz seems like the only, "sure things". Sunderland struggled last year and didn't seem to fit at midfield. Maybe he breaks through at attack, but I don't think the Cavs will give him much rope. Colsey is a freshman taking over for the NCAA's all time goal scorer on the left side, no pressure! Perhaps they move Hackett there, but it will be a big step up in competition for the Bryant grad.

As for the midfield, does Boyden come back? That would be a big boost, he didn't put up the video game numbers he did at Tufts, but still a very good player. If Hackett moves to attack, they could keep Ryan Colsey at first midfield and hope he breaks out (23 points in 17 games, but in last 12 games of the year he scored more than one point only once (two points against SU). Will Terenzi be needed more at SSDM or offense? He looked shaky to me at defense, and by the end of the year the offense was desperate for depth, so he played more there. Hausmann is a five star recruit they flipped from Brown, have to imagine he has a good chance of seeing the field right away.

And of course you have the four and five stars sitting on the bench. Maybe one of the redshirts allows Terenzi to play defense, or steps in if Boyden doesn't return. If Sunderland doesn't pan out, maybe it's not a big deal since Dunkel can step in. But it looks like a roster with a lot more question marks than we are used to for UVA.

You have to imagine that Hackett is taking playing time from one of the Colseys. I wanted to see what a potential UVA lineup would look like next year. They have so many pieces, but so many questions.

-Chase Band, Cualley Deringer, Will Erdman, Willis Burt (current freshmen that redshirted, former four stars)

That looks like a pretty good squad on paper. But Millon and Schutz seems like the only, "sure things". Sunderland struggled last year and didn't seem to fit at midfield. Maybe he breaks through at attack, but I don't think the Cavs will give him much rope. Colsey is a freshman taking over for the NCAA's all time goal scorer on the left side, no pressure! Perhaps they move Hackett there, but it will be a big step up in competition for the Bryant grad.

As for the midfield, does Boyden come back? That would be a big boost, he didn't put up the video game numbers he did at Tufts, but still a very good player. If Hackett moves to attack, they could keep Ryan Colsey at first midfield and hope he breaks out (23 points in 17 games, but in last 12 games of the year he scored more than one point only once (two points against SU). Will Terenzi be needed more at SSDM or offense? He looked shaky to me at defense, and by the end of the year the offense was desperate for depth, so he played more there. Hausmann is a five star recruit they flipped from Brown, have to imagine he has a good chance of seeing the field right away.

And of course you have the four and five stars sitting on the bench. Maybe one of the redshirts allows Terenzi to play defense, or steps in if Boyden doesn't return. If Sunderland doesn't pan out, maybe it's not a big deal since Dunkel can step in. But it looks like a roster with a lot more question marks than we are used to for UVA.
Is dunk a hard dodger ?

Hey Powellfan let me know if your doing something specific to get the twitter links to show up. Thanks!

Well then. Another lefty for the Hoos. Didn’t see this coming. Colsey boys, that’s a lot of lefties to compete against!

Well then. Another lefty for the Hoos. Didn’t see this coming. Colsey boys, that’s a lot of lefties to compete against!

Interesting, didn't see that one coming. Gotta think some UVA guys are likely portal bound be it now or next spring. Colsey Sr probably on the phone with Lars currently speaking his mind...

Interesting, didn't see that one coming. Gotta think some UVA guys are likely portal bound be it now or next spring. Colsey Sr probably on the phone with Lars currently speaking his mind...
Sr. coached the last game of his career last night after Ridgefield's state semi loss to Fairfield Prep. Will have a lot more time available now to travel down to Charlottesville and complain.

older colsey already has a spot on the field and balsamo is not someone who is going to keep the younger one off the field if he lives up to his billing. i doubt they are worried too much...to be honest neither of these transfers are game changers and it has a bit of a stench of panic from lars lol... hackett looks good on film but he gets to play some of the worst defenses in the country. balsamo is a 5'5'' pipsqueak who got demoted and outplayed by sloat and johnston...colseys will be fine. if lars thinks a dude from bryant and chucky balsam can replace shelly and cormier hes in for a rude awakening

Is dunk a hard dodger ?
Yes, Duenkel is a hard dodger, but he was injured all this Spring.

I still expect to see Schutz at attack. The addition of the 2 midfielders: Hackett and Balsamo only make that look more likely.

older colsey already has a spot on the field and balsamo is not someone who is going to keep the younger one off the field if he lives up to his billing. i doubt they are worried too much...to be honest neither of these transfers are game changers and it has a bit of a stench of panic from lars lol... hackett looks good on film but he gets to play some of the worst defenses in the country. balsamo is a 5'5'' pipsqueak who got demoted and outplayed by sloat and johnston...colseys will be fine. if lars thinks a dude from bryant and chucky balsam can replace shelly and cormier hes in for a rude awakening
I like the cut of your jib.

Kinda tired about talking about the Colseys, but part of the reason Lars is going to the portal is because the older Colsey and a lot of other middies on their roster ain’t all that. If Shutz moves down to attack then I could easily see one or both of these guys crack the first line. Both should at least be in the top 6 middies, unless some freshman go off right away for them. The drop off for UVA after Boyden and Shutz was insane. Ben Wayer with a long pole scored as much or more than all of their second line mids. I would have liked to add Hackett, but with our experienced depth we were in less of a position to promise serious playing time.

We will be fine on O even if nobody comes in. Still expecting us to make some kind of move with ssdm, where we have a similar drop off after our starters.

i doubt sunderland will be playing attack, and also that boyden, if he comes back, is anywhere but attack. schutz and r colsey (and millon) are the 3 guys that i'd say are going to be out there. as you say they have a bunch of different options, it's unclear, hopefully boyden is back as i think people will be surprised.

as nyc says, the colsey family in general should be fine.

guess we'll see whether some of the schadenfreude from the rest of the thread comes to pass!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like Zach Goorno, two time DIII SSDM of the year is going to Maryland. He’s one I had my eye on. I am still a bit mystified as to what the Orange plan to do at that spot next year. I know I am a broken record.

Sounds like Zach Goorno, two time DIII SSDM of the year is going to Maryland. He’s one I had my eye on. I am still a bit mystified as to what the Orange plan to do at that spot next year. I know I am a broken record.

Ya he was a guy I thought they may pursue. That said it's very hard to go from D3 to D1 at SSDM, SU tried it and it didn't really work out. Not saying Goorno won't be solid but that's a massive jump.

Cam Ryan?

Maryland not messing around. With Ford, Keegan and presumably Daniel Kelly in the mix, that's a good amount of lefties. Curious how they get them all on the field. Wonder if SU was in on him at all, just given his credentials (Long Island kid, Team 91 alum).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom