4th place in the ACC with one to play | Syracusefan.com

4th place in the ACC with one to play

You have to be honest. There were a couple different times that we were hot trash this season.

It's kind of remarkable that these guys seem to be playing finally like teammates these past few games.
If you had the “new HC” and “super young” and “pretty talented” marked on your list, this is exactly the kind of year that was the most likely

You have to be honest. There were a couple different times that we were hot trash this season.

It's kind of remarkable that these guys seem to be playing finally like teammates these past few games.
I see a team that's grown throughout the year. That makes me feel better about the team and Red than anything else. In December I didn't think we'd see 20 wins.

I'll tell you what's crazy. The perception of Cuse right now is that we're rounding into form at the right time and we've been pretty good down the stretch. But having watched these games, we all know we've left a lot out there. Could have won by more, could have beaten Georgia Tech.

If we continue on this trajectory, we can do a lot more than just sneak into the dance.

Have to hand it to this team. They have definitely improved on the offensive end. They are converting the midrange shots where they didn’t earlier in the season and they are doing a much better job of taking good shots overall. The defense has regressed quite a bit but I will attribute that in large part due to the attrition that has robbed them of their aggression.

Not a 6 but definitely in. Probably 8/9
We'd be 13-6 in ACC, 22-8 overall and have zero bad losses. We would for sure be around 6. They had Wisconsin as a 6 coming into today with a much crappier resume. Speaking of Wisconsin, they're a team I've watched a good amount this year that based on the eye test, they are a way worse team than Cuse. But the Badgers are firmly in the field.

We'd be 13-6 in ACC, 22-8 overall and have zero bad losses. We would for sure be around 6. They had Wisconsin as a 6 coming into today with a much crappier resume. Speaking of Wisconsin, they're a team I've watched a good amount this year that based on the eye test, they are a way worse team than Cuse. But the Badgers are firmly in the field.
Wisc has 6 quad 1 wins
We have 2

And Wisconsin has no quad 3/4 losses
Cuse would still have quad 3 loss at home to FSU

Just look at Michigan State's resume. They have won nothing worth. And projected 8th/9th seed on NCAA tournament. Just because Michigan State and B1G are name brands.

GT and BC go the other way we are firmly in the tourney and probably around a 6 seed. Those 2 sting.
I think I repeat this too much but I feel compelled to every time someone mentions these losses. It evens out, we lost to BC and GTech on the road. By the same token we could have easily lost to Colgate, Miami at home, Louisville at home, ND at home and NC St on the road. We were lucky to win those games. Your record is what your record says you are. No woulda, shoulda, couldas or ifs, ands or butts.

Last edited:
The last one was 2014. We've had other 20 win seasons, but those included conference tournament and NCAA tournament wins.
Red inherited a damaged program and pulls out the best regular season record in 10 years against a very tough schedule and he still gets dissed. Sad.

Anyone know what scenarios we need to finish in the top 6 if we lose to clemson? Im too old, lazy and semi hungover to go through it all

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom