ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 335 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Sankey would sell not just them and all of the Syracuse area, but also his grandma for butchering, in order to double his personal wealth and be remembered as the guy who proved even more successfully ruthless than the BT.
I have no idea how he is as a business person so you are probably correct.

Eh, I'll just say it explicitly so people get the point.

In 1994 ESPN bought Ohlmeyer Communications Company, owned by famous media executive Don Ohlmeyer. Prior to that purchase OCC had bought Creative Sports, another media production house. OCC was based in LA. Creative Sports was based in... Charlotte.

ESPN rebranded OCC as ESPN Regional Television and consolidated all operations in... Charlotte.

They did so in... 1996.

All of ESPN's regional production has come from the Charlotte facility ever since. The old "Big East Network" syndicated football and basketball packages? HQ'd from Charlotte.

Needless to say, when ESPN launched the SEC Network it made financial sense to operate the channel out of... Charlotte. Because it would have been expensive, duplicative, and generally stupid to open a brand new production facility in, say, Oxford, Mississippi.

When the ACCN was created it made sense to also operate it from... Charlotte. For the aforementioned reasons.

If ESPN someday launches the Big Sky Network you can be pretty sure it'll operate from... Charlotte.

So yeah, there you go.

You're no fun.

In 1994 ESPN bought Ohlmeyer Communications Company, owned by famous media executive Don Ohlmeyer. Prior to that purchase OCC had bought Creative Sports, another media production house. OCC was based in LA. Creative Sports was based in... Charlotte.

ESPN rebranded OCC as ESPN Regional Television and consolidated all operations in... Charlotte.

They did so in... 1996.

All of ESPN's regional production has come from the Charlotte facility ever since. The old "Big East Network" syndicated football and basketball packages? HQ'd from Charlotte.

Needless to say, when ESPN launched the SEC Network it made financial sense to operate the channel out of... Charlotte. Because it would have been expensive, duplicative, and generally stupid to open a brand new production facility in, say, Oxford, Mississippi.

When the ACCN was created it made sense to also operate it from... Charlotte. For the aforementioned reasons.

If ESPN someday launches the Big Sky Network you can be pretty sure it'll operate from... Charlotte.

So yeah, there you go.
Oh YeAh, WhO's YoUr SoUrCe???????

They did so in... 1996.

So yeah, there you go.

Spoiler: I made that all up. There is no Don Ohlmeyer and there in no Charlotte.

BOOM.
Live look-in at Woad Blue:

1723818415847.gif

They did so in... 1996.

So yeah, there you go.
Like what do you know?

I just watched a podcast by a Big12 guy saying the ACC is going to explode on August 15th...err February 17th

Spoiler: I made that all up. There is no Don Ohlmeyer and there in no Charlotte.

BOOM.
But but the whole evil empire conspiracy thing makes for a great narrative for a few schools that would like to see the ACC blow up.

Taking their winning formula and lighting it on fire is one way to do things.
FYI, the people at The Boneyard consider this a bunch of hooey.

If I had to guess, I would guess they are correct.

It is a huge waste of money for UConn to play FBS football unless it is in a P4 league. UConn could be fairly competitive in FCS (1AA) football and remain a Name Brand in BE basketball. That is what I would advise. New England does not produce nearly enough talent or passionate CFB fans for 2 teams in a P4. It really cannot support 1 properly.

Of course, NY is not much better. Only more people, with the same problems per capita.

It is a huge waste of money for UConn to play FBS football unless it is in a P4 league. UConn could be fairly competitive in FCS (1AA) football and remain a Name Brand in BE basketball. That is what I would advise. New England does not produce nearly enough talent or passionate CFB fans for 2 teams in a P4. It really cannot support 1 properly.

Of course, NY is not much better. Only more people, with the same problems per capita.
FIFY

The B12 President wants a NE market bad. Syracuse is likely headed there if and when the ACC implodes
Yup if they go there...the Cuse would be logical to follow if the ACC implodes

Its counterintuitive but this is actually very good for Syracuse. It ensures we will have a seat in Big 12 if we need one.
Yormark surely is desirous of the ACCN. Cuse would bring NY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom