ACC to Boeheim | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC to Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its already gone and over with. Its sad people expend energy complaining about it, myself included. Its unbelievable the energy and gymnastics people perform to justify and explain it.

Syracuse let this happen to the program. And now it is what it is.

That’s a pitch perfect response if your goal is to elicit a bunch of likes. Doesn’t really advance the discussion, though, does it?

I was always under the impression that how you play factors into the equation, not just whether you win or lose. It’s not like we lost those games by 20 points. Those games weren’t even like the loss to Pitt.

Folks like you are quick to point out our floor (we absolutely could have lost to ND twice and Louisville), yet you refuse to acknowledge our ceiling. Why is that?
Because our ceiling is competing for conference and national championships and it's been quite a while since we can honestly say we have came close to that.

Jims back next year
“Coach stays.”

th

Because our ceiling is competing for conference and national championships and it's been quite a while since we can honestly say we have came close to that.
That’s really more of a goal or an expectation. By ceiling, I mean what our record would be had we won all of the close games.

Had we just won the three games I mentioned, we would be in first place in the conference and firmly in the tournament. I get it, we didn’t win those games and the committee doesn’t take close losses into consideration. That’s not the point. The point is we are that close to meeting just about everyone’s expectations.

And that’s why I think most of you refuse to acknowledge it. Because it would also mean conceding that JB can still coach. I know he’s a lazy recruiter and that recruiting is part of coaching. Just focusing on the games, though, with the talent he has and the one defense he insists on playing, we’re a few missed rebounds, questionable calls, and unlucky bounces away from being pretty damn good. The team has improved over the course of the season. JB may not be the coach he once was, but he’s still better than most.

BTW, Providence lost to SJU today, so I guess Cooley is off the table now.

That’s really more of a goal or an expectation. By ceiling, I mean what our record would be had we won all of the close games.

Had we just won the three games I mentioned, we would be in first place in the conference and firmly in the tournament. I get it, we didn’t win those games and the committee doesn’t take close losses into consideration. That’s not the point. The point is we are that close to meeting just about everyone’s expectations.

And that’s why I think most of you refuse to acknowledge it. Because it would also mean conceding that JB can still coach. I know he’s a lazy recruiter and that recruiting is part of coaching. Just focusing on the games, though, with the talent he has and the one defense he insists on playing, we’re a few missed rebounds, questionable calls, and unlucky bounces away from being pretty damn good. The team has improved over the course of the season. JB may not be the coach he once was, but he’s still better than most.

BTW, Providence lost to SJU today, so I guess Cooley is off the table now.
My take was more program ceiling as opposed to team ceiling. Sure he can still coach. Can he coach at the highest levels? No. Can he coach as good as good in his prime? No. We can see that in the win percentage decline. Is it a good look to have a guy nearing 80 as the head coach? No. Does the program need to move off him and get new energy? Yes

My take was more program ceiling as opposed to team ceiling. Sure he can still coach. Can he coach at the highest levels? No. Can he coach as good as good in his prime? No. We can see that in the win percentage decline. Is it a good look to have a guy nearing 80 as the head coach? No. Does the program need to move off him and get new energy? Yes
New energy is the key. We are slowly fading now into irrelevancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom