ACC to Boeheim | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC to Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Syracuse basketball. The goal is to win. I'm sorry you don't have more respect for our program.
I’m sure you’ll get a lot of likes for that one, too. Maybe even some loves.

Thank you for your participation. I’d give you a trophy, but I know you don’t want one.

I’m sure you’ll get a lot of likes for that one, too. Maybe even some loves.

Thank you for your participation. I’d give you a trophy, but I know you don’t want one.
Enjoy your life in denial.

Nobody is asking you not have an opinion, or not to post your opinions. You did, and Horn88 disagreed with it. Respectfully and thoughtfully, imo.

I disagree that to call what happened bullying is hyperbole. According to dictionary.com, bullying is seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable). J-Bone was definitely trying to intimidate, and you can't deny the power differential between a HOF coach and a student journalist.

As for Thamel. For the sake of argument, let's assume the worst of his intentions and that he was trying to bait JB into lowering his guard and ambush him in a more unguarded environment. Well, if JB hasn't learned how to exercise due caution around reporters after 47 years, at this point I'm not sure he's going to. I think a simpler explanation is that JB simply thinks he can say whatever he wants so he doesn't really worry about speaking to Thamel in any environment. To that end, I'd imagine he's like LTC Jessup in A Few Good Men, he wants to tell everyone he ordered the Code Red, he just needs to be asked.

The guy with all the ink isn't vulnerable. That's silly.

That’s a pitch perfect response if your goal is to elicit a bunch of likes. Doesn’t really advance the discussion, though, does it?

I was always under the impression that how you play factors into the equation, not just whether you win or lose. It’s not like we lost those games by 20 points. Those games weren’t even like the loss to Pitt.

Folks like you are quick to point out our floor (we absolutely could have lost to ND twice and Louisville), yet you refuse to acknowledge our ceiling. Why is that?
We have sucked for years by Syracuse standards and still lost those games. Fans are past their breaking point with the comments, with the zone, with the offensive philosophy, with the losses, and with recruiting.

He’s had multiple chances to turn this around over the past 9 seasons and has not. It’s over. We are wasting our time until he leaves. It’s that simple.

Last edited:
The issue of when and how Jim Boeheim's tenure should end is a complex one. It's unfortunate that some people view every defeat or every controversial comment as a fireable offense just because they want to be rid of him.
It really is unfortunate. The last couple pages of this thread certainly prove how right you are.

The issue of when and how Jim Boeheim's tenure should end is a complex one. It's unfortunate that some people view every defeat or every controversial comment as a fireable offense just because they want to be rid of him.
Eh, when SU football makes one bowl in 4 years, many talk about firing the coach.

So when SU hoops makes one tourney in 4 years, people are going to talk the same way. And that’s looking at the big picture.

Eh, when SU football makes one bowl in 4 years, many talk about firing the coach.

So when SU hoops makes one tourney in 4 years, people are going to talk the same way. And that’s looking at the big picture.
The big picture is 47 years.

I clearly stated that if that’s not the line, then define where it is.

It’s not academic. We won our last game that season. More importantly, the tournament didn’t exist. You can’t penalize someone over something that didn’t happen. How many MLB managers were fired or even criticized for not making the playoffs in 1994?

And we looked pretty good in that last game. Who knows what would have happened in the ACCT?

JB isn't going to be fired. He might be asked, behind the scenes, to announce his retirement. If that happens it will be about wins and losses, not comments. Or he might decide to retire on his own and tell us where to go.

The basketball program is becoming a national joke.

AND THATS FINE.

- the AD and Board.

The fans dont matter in the end but this is all just pitiful. But hey we’re fundraising!!

Fundraising for what? The program’s dying

The basketball program is becoming a national joke.

AND THATS FINE.

- the AD and Board.

The fans dont matter in the end but this is all just pitiful.

Georgetown and Louisville have become 'national jokes'. We're 15-10 and 8-6 in a power conference and our coach told the truth then the league didn't want him to and doesn't like being criticized.

Georgetown and Louisville have become 'national jokes'. We're 15-10 and 8-6 in a power conference and our coach told the truth then the league didn't want him to and doesn't like being criticized.
Georgetown and Louisville at least moved on from their legend coaches. We’re falling apart before even doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom