Akeem is In per, PS | Syracusefan.com

Akeem is In per, PS

Nice. I assume he'll come in pretty purely as an athlete and we'll find the best spot for him?

nice of him to wait until the other 2 signed.

Cannot have enough of the FL speed. Great get.

The article says he'll stay at QB, though.

Nice. I assume he'll come in pretty purely as an athlete and we'll find the best spot for him?
I am sure they will keep their word and give him a shot at QB. If it doesn't work out, there is a major need at safety, and it might be easier to get playing time moving there. These things work themselves out based on what happens in practice.

From the sounds of the article he will be given first shot at QB. If he is deep on the depth chart I would expect a position change.

I like the versatility here. He's about 6'3, 200 lbs, so if it doesn't work out at QB there are a lot of places he could end up - don't rule out OLB!

Loeb is a Senior.
Kinder may never make the two-deep.
Broyld may never be a QB.

That leaves Hunt, Wilson, Kimble, and maybe Jones as the future.

That brings us up to 85 scholarships accounted for, assuming that all the recruits will qualify and no one will flunk out, get kicked out, be unable to continue to play due to injury or just transfer out. We all know this is not going to happen.

Syracusefan.com Bio
Funny how those numbers always seem to work out

Gotta say I think this is great news. Surely wont make up for losing Brown or Singleton late but based on his measurables we could move him anywhere if he doesnt work out at QB like most think. Could really help us out at safety and maybe even LB.

I love QB's with size and range and if they dont work out they can make great SS

At the risk of being a jerk, no stars???

All that means is that the site hasn't "evaluated" him. Even with an "evaluation" it means nothing, since a lot of the "evaluators" really are not qualified. I trust the judgement of college coaches much more. In fact most recruiting sites routinely bump guys up a star or even two when a big time program offers a scholarship. Even the sites know college coaches know more than they do.

Strange that he had no other real offers playing in Miami and with those measurables. Any idea why?

How is no one freaking out over the pistol formation!! A few years back everyone here hated the pistol and now it looks like we will be seeing it quite a bit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom