Class of 2024 - ATH Malachi James (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/7/24) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH Malachi James (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/7/24)

Obviously there's a difference when you're not in pads and carrying a football in one hand, but this isn't normal:
Seattle Seahawks receiver D.K Metcalf had the fastest ball-carrier speed during the 2023-24 regular season. Metcalf reached a maximum speed of 22.23 mph on a 73-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter of the Seahawks' loss to the Dallas Cowboys in Week 13.
Think I read Xavier Worthy had the top speed in NCAA last year during a Punt return of 22.7mph. Can't seem to find out his top speed when he ran the 40 at the combine without pads obviously.

Think I read Xavier Worthy had the top speed in NCAA last year during a Punt return of 22.7mph. Can't seem to find out his top speed when he ran the 40 at the combine without pads obviously.
Found it, Worthy topped out at 24.41mph at the combine. If Malachi's equipment is accurate, dude is movin'. No one else at the combine exceeded 24.00mph.

Wow that was nice. He can use a bit more knee drive in top speed to be perfect. First three steps he could extend a bit. Kid has awesome mobility and power though thru tape. Great hand drive and arm extension. That was moving. This kid could do some damage.

Wow that was nice. He can use a bit more knee drive in top speed to be perfect. First three steps he could extend a bit. Kid has awesome mobility and power though thru tape. Great hand drive and arm extension. That was moving. This kid could do some damage.
10.4 ... whoa. With no starting blocks? Outstanding.

Last edited:
And from Googling it doesn’t look like #1 on that list has an interest in playing football?

Man that is some serious speed - and just a little searching shows there is national attention on these kids. It doesn’t get any faster

#1 is a soccer player, and a pretty good one. Committed to Penn State

Damp track too. That's the best track running form I've seen from any of our current speedster recruits. Clean with no wasted motion

Speed kills in soccer too.

They used to play big slow guys as the sweeper in my high school league... I would just run past him once the ball was up in the air and it would often be just me and the goalie.

Odd to play slow guys as sweeper... But yeah speed kills especially in sports/positions not height dependant

Odd to play slow guys as sweeper... But yeah speed kills especially in sports/positions not height dependant
They were worried about losing headers on punts. There was no way I was winning a header against a 6'5" guy, but they couldn't keep up if the ball got into their backfield. Sometimes they combined it with an offsides trap.

I wasn't in the class of speed these guys we're recruiting. But for a high school soccer player, I had wheels :)

That young man is yoked!

Untitled.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom