Class of 2024 - ATH Malachi James (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/7/24) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH Malachi James (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/7/24)

That's why at 5-11-198, 10-4 speed you use him as a RB, and WR, and KR.
You find a way to get him touches, size and speed, can get you TD's.
All he has to do is get one man to miss and it's off to the races.

Exactly...That's what I thought Dino should have done with Tucker and Jordan. Put your best 2 out there instead of 1 RB and 3 to 4 average to below average WRs.

Exactly...That's what I thought Dino should have done with Tucker and Jordan. Put your best 2 out there instead of 1 RB and 3 to 4 average to below average WRs.
I don’t think Jordan wanted to play receiver, he wanted to be the primary running back.

I don’t think Jordan wanted to play receiver, he wanted to be the primary running back.
That's the difference between Jordan, and James, he played RB,WR and DB to help his team win.
If you can play many positions you have a better chance to get drafted.
And with top speed, you eventually will find your best position.
Plus James is already bigger then Jordan was when he got here.

Would we ever use 2 rb in same play. I dont see or remember seeing any split back stuff when oc was at Baylor but ya never know. This kid is fast and built. We gotta find spots for him somewhere.

Would we ever use 2 rb in same play. I dont see or remember seeing any split back stuff when oc was at Baylor but ya never know. This kid is fast and built. We gotta find spots for him somewhere.
if you have talent, figure out how to utilize it.

You can’t tell me having the speed of James on the field with LQA couldn’t create some mismatches for us

if you have talent, figure out how to utilize it.

You can’t tell me having the speed of James on the field with LQA couldn’t create some mismatches for us
Has to somewhere ya know. Especially a backer trying to cover him. No Way. lol

This guy is just amazing.

I just don't understand how he was still available so late in the recruiting process.

I would think he would be a big time recruit even if he was 5'9 and 170 pounds. But he has a grown man body and looks physically ready to play college ball today.

How can he not be in anyone's top 50 players in NJ?

I guess him getting hurt last year really shut down the recruiting process for him and he was forgotten by everyone? Except Coach Fran. ;)

IMO i suspect Inside information driven by relationships is the answer here. The best, most accurate information in all things is always local. It is true in real estate, among other things, and I suspect in player evaluations as well.

I am admittedly confused on this guys status. I just want him running for Syracuse. Is the showcase in the tweet related to a final track meet or something Malachi is in?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

From posts above, he'll be competing at the Puma East Coast International Showcase in Maryland this weekend. Hence the puma in the graphic.

Absolutely love this old twitter post of his from a couple years ago. How awesome is it to be able to say you beat Carl Lewis's record in anything let alone the 100m dash.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see how this program develops. Everyone on the team will be super fast, super strong, super tall or all of the above.
Maybe the jersey should have a giant S on it.

Love the recruiting, but super anything is a bit strong

Maybe the jersey should have a giant S on it.

Love the recruiting, but super anything is a bit strong
It’s not too much of a superlative for me. When Syracuse begins to compete with Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, PSU, that’s super in my book. Especially in context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom