Attendance For Purdue | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance For Purdue

The cheapest ticket on Ticketmaster is now $13.53...it had been $11 something a few days ago. Slightly good sign with their "dynamic" pricing with more demand?

The cheapest ticket on Ticketmaster is now $13.53...it had been $11 something a few days ago. Slightly good sign with their "dynamic" pricing with more demand?

Or do they have an algorithm that makes it more expensive as you get closer to the event. Similar to airlines.

I remember waking up at Noon on weekends occasionally and the bars in Oswego closed at 1am.

Man, you old timers had it rough. By the time I reached unofficial drinking age in Oswego (17ish), bars were open until 2 am.

The worst part about weddings during FB season is you know they’re not likely staying together. So you’re cursing yourself at the wedding the whole time for missing the game for something that prob won’t last 3 years.
You’re a true romantic!

I’ve made this point for years and it falls on deaf ears. It’s literally a flip of a coin whether the marriage you’re witnessing that day lasts. Syracuse football will be here for the next 100 years. It’s ridiculous beyond all comprehension how people pick weddings over the game.

I walk into each wedding I go to, flip a coin, and then let everyone in my pew know whether the marriage will last. My wife hates this every time I do it. Lol
I haven’t kept records on “win rate”
Amazing that you don’t get invited to more weddings.

I wonder how many Purdue is bringing.. the visitor section usually is down low and sometimes up high in the corner.. if you compare the corner vs the Virg game its all for sale in Virg and none for Purdue.. Maybe they are bring some fans? Or they are part of the season ticket package..
if they were not sold they would have been released by now.. So someone seems to be sitting there. Thats 3-400 seats. And Virginia they have not released the upper rows yet so I dont think its selling more than Purdue yet for these seats to have been held back.

1663333554964.png

1663333515818.png

Man, you old timers had it rough. By the time I reached unofficial drinking age in Oswego (17ish), bars were open until 2 am.

I graduated in '81 and it was still 1am IIRC. Onondaga County was 2am

I wonder how many Purdue is bringing.. the visitor section usually is down low and sometimes up high in the corner.. if you compare the corner vs the Virg game its all for sale in Virg and none for Purdue.. Maybe they are bring some fans? Or they are part of the season ticket package..
if they were not sold they would have been released by now.. So someone seems to be sitting there. Thats 3-400 seats. And Virginia they have not released the upper rows yet so I dont think its selling more than Purdue yet for these seats to have been held back.

View attachment 220031
View attachment 220030
I'd imagine Purdue would travel pretty well. Alumni in the NE get a chance to drive to a game. If you live in NE Ohio it is really no different than traveling to W. Lafayette.

Awesome news on attendance I will be there in spirit two disc's out of place right now surgery next week so no Purdue game for me :(.

Even was bringing a couple Purdue grad friends of the wifes who shockingly was going to come ( not a sports girl) and talked the wife into it.. and to answer OIGs questions yes on all

I graduated in '81 and it was still 1am IIRC. Onondaga County was 2am

Yeah, I was 8 years old. And while I'm sure I'd been to all those bars (sitting on my dad's lap), I'm pretty sure it wasn't after midnight. So not sure.

I’ve made this point for years and it falls on deaf ears. It’s literally a flip of a coin whether the marriage you’re witnessing that day lasts. Syracuse football will be here for the next 100 years, celebrating anniversary after anniversary. It’s ridiculous beyond all comprehension how people pick weddings over the game.

I walk into each wedding I go to, flip a coin, and then let everyone in my pew know whether the marriage will last. My wife hates this every time I do it. Lol
Of the last four weddings I have been in the party for, including my own, two are still going (myself and another buddy), And two are divorced, both within three years.

The two that are still together? Did the wedding before football season. The two that aren't? During football season.

Correlation? Maybe ...

Of the last four weddings I have been in the party for, including my own, two are still going (myself and another buddy), And two are divorced, both within three years.

The two that are still together? Did the wedding before football season. The two that aren't? During football season.

Correlation? Maybe ...
preach GIF by Shalita Grant

Noon is a different story. They usually start slow with crowd noise. Noon is super early for some of these students too. I remember waking up at Noon on weekends occasionally and the bars in Oswego closed at 1am. I cursed that and wished I went to UB (4am close in Buffalo) but my liver has thanked me.

I hope we can bring the energy and have a solid crowd at opening tipoff (nod to our UConn announcer).
Totally agree. Seems like noon crowds take until the second half to wake up and make some noise unfortunately

I’ve made this point for years and it falls on deaf ears. It’s literally a flip of a coin whether the marriage you’re witnessing that day lasts. Syracuse football will be here for the next 100 years, celebrating anniversary after anniversary. It’s ridiculous beyond all comprehension how people pick weddings over the game.

Yesterday some rando on the internet said his wife was refusing to attend a wedding in which he was best man if he followed through with his opening line of a toast - Welcome back everyone.

past history has shown the team the last few years has not been all that exciting to make the crowd get going.. Much like Rutgers/Wake last year had a chance to put the game away early, screwed around and didnt score or got Fgs and found a way to lose both games.

Lets see if the team comes out the first 2-3-4 drives this game awake.

5-5 the last 10 noonish home games

Correlation? Maybe ...
A4855184-CB83-42FC-8C1D-1E7E45320963.gif

So far through social media I've seen at least a good 30 or so ppl sharing they are heading up to the game who haven't been up for years.

Just passing along what expectations were earlier in the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom