Attendance For Purdue | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance For Purdue

I run into this guy every halftime!
giphy.gif
Which one is you? The tall guy?

That’s your sources and Axe with those #s.

Its a bummer this is a nooner and still wedding season, but there’s good buzz. This is a huge game for the program. Dino and the AD know it. I stick by what I’ve said. The release of “a lot more blue” on ticketmaster on wednesday instead of tomorrow or saturday is a good thing.

Its a bummer this is a nooner and still wedding season, but there’s good buzz. This is a huge game for the program. Dino and the AD know it. I stick by what I’ve said. The release of “a lot more blue” on ticketmaster on wednesday instead of tomorrow or saturday is a good thing.
Wedding season will result in me missing my second home game in 31 years. The good news it will be Wagner.

I am flying to Tokyo Saturday morning to be at work Monday morning. I blame the 13 hour time difference on me missing this game. The only positive is that I should be able to watch the game on my flight from Dallas to Narita. I’m also in business class so the drinks will be flowing. Hopefully they don’t call for an emergency landing for the maniac in Orange raging in his cube.
I flew that route many times when I lived in Tokyo. I don't envy you the flight.

Heard from a few people, this gonna be a bigger crowd than many of us think. Moving my guess to 43,200 announced, 39,500 in the seats.

Hope you're right, but this is what's available right now. Doesn't look like 40k to me, and there might be more that aren't released yet on TM. I assume the northwest corner is saved for student overflow.

1663328142656.png

Hope you're right, but this is what's available right now. Doesn't look like 40k to me, and there might be more that aren't released yet on TM. I assume the northwest corner is saved for student overflow.

View attachment 220029
Does anyone know how many tickets SU sells at the box office on game day?

I'm legitimately concerned about this. Discretionary calls like PI are a real problem here, especially given how the teams match up.
Simple solution: win by 40!

Does anyone know how many tickets SU sells at the box office on game day?
Not sure but my guess is only a couple hundred. I enter in through the Gate B area and never more than a couple people buying tix.

Add holding (or not calling holding) to the list of Discretionary calls.

Good timing for that wedding. I'm skipping a rather nice wedding next Friday/Saturday for UVA instead. The bride, as a UVA grad, should have known better.
One of my best friends is getting married in Minnesota the weekend of October 22 and I'm in the wedding. I recently moved from So Cal to Greenville, SC. Cuse plays Clemson that weekend. I've already told him if Syracuse is somehow undefeated coming into that game, that I'll get him a wonderful gift, but at his wedding I will not be.

The worst part about weddings during FB season is you know they’re not likely staying together. So you’re cursing yourself at the wedding the whole time for missing the game for something that prob won’t last 3 years.

One of my best friends is getting married in Minnesota the weekend of October 22 and I'm in the wedding. I recently moved from So Cal to Greenville, SC. Cuse plays Clemson that weekend. I've already told him if Syracuse is somehow undefeated coming into that game, that I'll get him a wonderful gift, but at his wedding I will not be.
Tell him you'll catch his next wedding.

The worst part about weddings during FB season is you know they’re not likely staying together. So you’re cursing yourself at the wedding the whole time for missing the game for something that prob won’t last 3 years.
I’ve made this point for years and it falls on deaf ears. It’s literally a flip of a coin whether the marriage you’re witnessing that day lasts. Syracuse football will be here for the next 100 years, celebrating anniversary after anniversary. It’s ridiculous beyond all comprehension how people pick weddings over the game.

I walk into each wedding I go to, flip a coin, and then let everyone in my pew know whether the marriage will last. My wife hates this every time I do it. Lol
I haven’t kept records on “win rate”

Last edited:
The Louisville crowd was enough - building was loud. Fans impacted the game and I didn't get bumped into in the concourse by 100 drunken fools. Whoever is there the atmosphere will be good.
Noon is a different story. They usually start slow with crowd noise. Noon is super early for some of these students too. I remember waking up at Noon on weekends occasionally and the bars in Oswego closed at 1am. I cursed that and wished I went to UB (4am close in Buffalo) but my liver has thanked me.

I hope we can bring the energy and have a solid crowd at opening tipoff (nod to our UConn announcer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom