Better Call Saul | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

One other thought I had - The change in Kim, the woman who told Lao to “get your shiz together”, to this new version is awesome. Someone said it earlier, Emmy worthy.

When he graduated from Univ. of American Samoa wasn't he still Jimmy (or James) McGill? The diploma said Saul Goodman.

He was Jimmy McGill back then, but you can get a diploma made up to say anything.

Especially if he legally had a name change.

It is amazing how this seemingly mundane Gene plotline has taken a turn for the dramatic. I wasn't thrilled with the mall cop / donut episode, but it really set the next two episodes up well.

At the end of the day, I'm still shocked that Saul went to that cancer patient's home, after the other guy aborted. I can understand him trying to shake up some side money, with those other two guys bearing the risk. But he's the one at the bars interacting with the marks -- he's the one who could could identified, if the marks put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Which... seems a bit out of character given Saul's circumstances. I get that he's a con man at heart, and that old habits die hard. I get that even when he became a successful lawyer, he couldn't stop with the scams. As Chuck astutely surmised, Jimmy is a bad seed at his core, even though at times he has a good heart.

But in this case, he's a wanted federal criminal. If he gets made, he's going to prison for the rest of his life. If he gets arrested, his fingerprints will show up on the federal database and he's toast. Jimmy is great at not getting caught... so why the hell would he go to that guy's house? Why would he break a window, which clearly shows that there was a break-in robbery? Why not just chalk it up as a loss, and move on to the next? All seems very out of character for a guy who's entire future hinges on not getting caught.

ALSO, I couldn't believe that he stole watches. I mean... talk about thinking small. I don't care how expensive they were, he's playing the long game with the stolen financial information -- now matter how much those watches are worth, it would signify to the mark that he'd been robbed. And now, Jimmy's fingerprints would be all over the house. He's smarter than that.

And I also couldn't believe that he was going to hit that guy over the head. Desperate times... maybe. But very malevolent for Jimmy. And I can't believe I'm going to type this, but when he approached Carol Burnett with that folded up cord, I was certain he was going to strangle her.

Intense episode, between that ending and the Kim trip back to Albuquerque.

And her scene at Saul's office, with Jesse being outside -- man, the writer's did a fantastic job with these cameos. Awesome.

I read somewhere how nobody even recognized Kim when she came back to that courtroom. 6 years later - life moves on.

Recall in the early years she came to ABQ from Nebraska because she “wanted more”. Now she’s living the most mundane life, hanging out with basic Karens, debating Mayo vs. Miracle Whip with her husband, and nobody in her old city even knows who she is anymore.
Could use her on this board. What does she go by now, I can't remember her name.

Have no idea how this finale goes. Have to think Saul's time is done. But... maybe not.

And the Emmy goes to... Rhea Seehorn. Although I have to say, I prefer my Kim Wexler in color, as a blonde. But she did some great work in black & white this week. The meticulous details of the scenes of her at the new job are just so well done. Down to the passing of the 3 hole punch.

Sets up nicely for a great finish. Wonder if "Gene" will be in color next week.

When he graduated from Univ. of American Samoa wasn't he still Jimmy (or James) McGill? The diploma said Saul Goodman.

Go Land Crabs!

Thank God he didn't go to Georgetown. He would have ended up a sententious douche like Chuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom