Better Call Saul | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I mean nitpicking how characters look after that amount of time is understandable but also really not fair.

That aside though, great episode. Lot of flashbacks, flashforwards... all sorts of stuff. Probably one to watch again.
Mostly it's just for fun.

Alright, I know this is Breaking Bad but Gene’s answering machine for “Nippy” took me down a rabbit hole of Breaking Bad extras.

Anyone ever see/remember this? The song Jesse was singing: 1)When he was homeless and was trying to stay at his old band mates house 2) When he was riding around with Mike and was bored. I love that they went through the steps of actually making a whole song. Also, Jesse’s delivery of “fallacies” >>>>>Badger’s.

Alright, I know this is Breaking Bad but Gene’s answering machine for “Nippy” took me down a rabbit hole of Breaking Bad extras.

Anyone ever see/remember this? The song Jesse was singing: 1)When he was homeless and was trying to stay at his old band mates house 2) When he was riding around with Mike and was bored. I love that they went through the steps of actually making a whole song. Also, Jesse’s delivery of “fallacies” >>>>>Badger’s.

This had a moment.

Great episode. Really entertaining. Another entertaining cameo. Sad parts, intense parts, funny parts. Had it all.

Rhea Seehorn is such a great actress. And they set up a likely wild finale.
That meltdown on the shuttle bus was amazing (and a long time coming).

Her life in Florida looked ephing miserable.

Some of the black and white scenes give off a big Hitchcock vibe to me.

I read somewhere how nobody even recognized Kim when she came back to that courtroom. 6 years later - life moves on.

Recall in the early years she came to ABQ from Nebraska because she “wanted more”. Now she’s living the most mundane life, hanging out with basic Karens, debating Mayo vs. Miracle Whip with her husband, and nobody in her old city even knows who she is anymore.

I read somewhere how nobody even recognized Kim when she came back to that courtroom. 6 years later - life moves on.

Recall in the early years she came to ABQ from Nebraska because she “wanted more”. Now she’s living the most mundane life, hanging out with basic Karens, debating Mayo vs. Miracle Whip with her husband, and nobody in her old city even knows who she is anymore.

I thought it was a fitting outcome for her -- after Saul / the aftermath of what happened to Howard Hamlin, I think she just wanted no part of an "exciting" life anymore, and she rejected that part of herself and moved on to live a life that walked the line.

So I viewed it as less of a punishment, and more of the mundane outcome of her settling for a life with no similarity to her criminal / con man past. Which seemed -- while boring -- to be a penance she was comfortable with and okay living with in perpetuity.

Then, Jimmy / Gene called and challenged her to walk the talk with respect to her values -- so she did.

I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Kim. If so, she had an awesome final line.

I thought it was a fitting outcome for her -- after Saul / the aftermath of what happened to Howard Hamlin, I think she just wanted no part of an "exciting" life anymore, and she rejected that part of herself and moved on to live a life that walked the line. So I viewed it as less of a punishment, and more of the mundane outcome of a life with no element of her criminal / con man past. Which seemed -- while boring -- to be a penance she was comfortable with and okay living with in perpetuity.

Then, Jimmy / Gene called and challenged her to walk the talk with respect to her values -- so she did.

I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Kim. If so, she had an awesome final line.
Yup. Incredible performance in all regards from her that entire episode(really, the entire series). But IMO this episode should be Emmy winning for her.

Also, show really captures the mundane - a couples barbecue, and those scenes with Kim traveling to ABQ (don’t want to have to look up the correct spelling) and sitting on the bus to and from the rental car lot are brilliant.

Also, show really captures the mundane - a couples barbecue, and those scenes with Kim traveling to ABQ (don’t want to have to look up the correct spelling) and sitting on the bus to and from the rental car lot are brilliant.
Every episode has glorious details, music, camera shots, acting, writing, and choices in general. The camera shot of Kim driving into the parking garage, to the booth Mike used to work at, which is now empty due to ticket machine, and to the fledgling attorney putting the tie on the homeless guy. I want to go back and watch again to catch everything I missed the first time through.

Every episode has glorious details, music, camera shots, acting, writing, and choices in general. The camera shot of Kim driving into the parking garage, to the booth Mike used to work at, which is now empty due to ticket machine, and to the fledgling attorney putting the tie on the homeless guy. I want to go back and watch again to catch everything I missed the first time through.
Yes, forgot about Mike’s booth.

...and passing by the table where she and Jimmy used to eat lunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom