Better Call Saul | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I'm of the belief that most spin off shows aren't nearly as good as the originals that spawned them.

This show is a rare exception. It really is captivating TV.

And what started out in season one as campy easter eggs to appease Breaking Bad fans has turned into some pretty compelling plot overlaps.

Terrific acting, too. Very well cast.

Vince Gilligan is just an awesome writer. If I had to guess, we have two more seasons to enjoy because I doubt he goes beyond the 5 1/2 seasons that Breaking Bad had. Although the Breaking Bad seasons had more episodes in them. Saul only has 10. So maybe we get 6 seasons.

Vince Gilligan is just an awesome writer. If I had to guess, we have two more seasons to enjoy because I doubt he goes beyond the 5 1/2 seasons that Breaking Bad had. Although the Breaking Bad seasons had more episodes in them. Saul only has 10. So maybe we get 6 seasons.

I'm curious how much time in the show they will take to cover the next year that Jimmy is unable to practice law? I'm pretty sure in Breaking Bad, all that happened in like 2 years? And it took 5 1/2 seasons.

I doubt we'll get multiple seasons of Jimmy's current situation. I wonder if there will be one of those speeding up time montages.

Terrific finale. Wow.
Terrific and shocking at the end

Definitely the best season so far

I think that Michael Mckean should be seriously considered for best supporting actor at the Emmys. He had so many superb moments. The best being his meltdown on the stand after Jimmy had the battery planted on him

I think that Michael Mckean should be seriously considered for best supporting actor at the Emmys. He had so many superb moments. The best being his meltdown on the stand after Jimmy had the battery planted on him
He should win the Emmy as that death scene at the end was scary.

He should win the Emmy as that death scene at the end was scary.

Amazing performance -- especially when you consider that he has made his bones primarily as a comedy actor. McKean brought some amazing depth to that character. His meltdown this episode was vivid.

I'm curious how much time in the show they will take to cover the next year that Jimmy is unable to practice law? I'm pretty sure in Breaking Bad, all that happened in like 2 years? And it took 5 1/2 seasons.

I doubt we'll get multiple seasons of Jimmy's current situation. I wonder if there will be one of those speeding up time montages.

I think they will start with him coming off probation and looking for a new client base. The last scene with Kim and Jimmy had him dumping his rolodex and saying I need a new business model. Kim took it out of the trash and said you never know. My guess is there is a client in there that will solidify his becoming Saul.

I think they will start with him coming off probation and looking for a new client base. The last scene with Kim and Jimmy had him dumping his rolodex and saying I need a new business model. Kim took it out of the trash and said you never know. My guess is there is a client in there that will solidify his becoming Saul.
I don't think they will jump the year to start next year.

I am interested in the opening scene I wonder Gene(Saul/Jimmy) fainted in this year's opening scene because he is getting the sickness to electricity like his brother in Cinnabon.

Also I think they won't jump because their is going to be drama between Nacho and Gus as Hector had his stroke. Gus has to know via Mike that Nacho spiked Hector's medicine. Wouldn't shock me if the twins kill Nacho and Gus facilitates it as a make good with the Salamanca clan.

I also think something is going to happen to Kim along with his brothers death that are going to force Jimmy to change his name to Saul Goodman. The backlash from the Elder law clients and his brothers death are going to change his name.

I wonder if HHM is still on the show without Chuck.

Does anybody know how long the show is scheduled to last [i.e., is there a limited / predetermined / finite timeline, or is it just going to run as long as it is sustainably popular]?

Obviously, developments this season have hastened Jimmy's path toward becoming Saul, but there's obviously more story to tell.

Does anybody know how long the show is scheduled to last [i.e., is there a limited / predetermined / finite timeline, or is it just going to run as long as it is sustainably popular]?

Obviously, developments this season have hastened Jimmy's path toward becoming Saul, but there's obviously more story to tell.

Not sure. Jimmy did say something last night about it being 2003. I believe BB's setting took place around the time it started, which was 2008.

It will also be interesting to see if any of BCS will occur during the BB time period and show what else Saul had going on, at that time...and also if it gets into post BB beyond those few Cinnabon scenes.

They finally gave the year last night with Kim movierama 2003.

Breaking bad starts on Walter White's 50th birthday which was 2008.

BCS theoretically could go another "5" years if they so chose to.

I do think Gomie with the DEA, Marie with her narcolepsy problems, Skyler with Benneke industries, and Walter with the High School could all make cameos in future seasons.

I wish I could bet that Kim becomes addicted to pills next season and somehow that will get worse and she eventually get addicted to meth and brings in Jesse/Captain Cook.

I do think Gomie with the DEA, Marie with her narcolepsy problems, Skyler with Benneke industries, and Walter with the High School could all make cameos in future seasons.

Could possibly see Jesse too as he knew Emilio, who was Crazy 8's partner and we've seen Crazy 8 in BCS.

Was just watching the Breaking Bad season 5 episode where Walt, Jesse, and Mike were looking for a new place to cook.

When they started talking about the shady fumigation business burglars, Saul mentioned how he had been "pulling their chestnuts out of the fire legally" for 5 years. If these writers continue to closely stick to the already established details the way they have so far, it would seem that Saul will start dealing with these guys pretty soon.

IIRC, Marie was a kleptomaniac, not a narcoleptic

I have a bet with my wife that we will see an unannounced and unacknowledged Walter White cameo when someone is getting their car washed. I expect that would be the case with any of Walter's immediate circle - they might wander through as background artists. I think it would be too "cutesy" to give them anything more substantial. Except maybe Maria, who was a radiologist and who could conceivably have a scene with a sick or injured BCS character.

A friend of mine thinks we're going to see Gretchen & Elliot from Gray Matter and find that they were not totally squeaky clean, either.

I have a bet with my wife that we will see an unannounced and unacknowledged Walter White cameo when someone is getting their car washed. I expect that would be the case with any of Walter's immediate circle - they might wander through as background artists. I think it would be too "cutesy" to give them anything more substantial. Except maybe Maria, who was a radiologist and who could conceivably have a scene with a sick or injured BCS character.

A friend of mine thinks we're going to see Gretchen & Elliot from Gray Matter and find that they were not totally squeaky clean, either.
Good theories. I meant kleptomaniac but for some reason my phone changed it to stupid thing I wrote.

I do think we will see some more BB characters in BCS.

Too soon for the car wash unless WW's car just happens to be dirty. I'm thinking maybe Jane might make an appearance.

Too soon for the car wash unless WW's car just happens to be dirty. I'm thinking maybe Jane might make an appearance.

Walt was working at the car wash as a second job in season 1. Do we know how long he'd been working there at that point?

Walt was working at the car wash as a second job in season 1. Do we know how long he'd been working there at that point?
I felt it implied that it had been for awhile, which was the justification he had for purchasing it rather than the paintball business (a business that he already knows). Bogdan would occasionally humiliate him by making him come off the register and work the line, which is where I'd throw him in for a cameo.

I felt it implied that it had been for awhile, which was the justification he had for purchasing it rather than the paintball business (a business that he already knows). Bogdan would occasionally humiliate him by making him come off the register and work the line, which is where I'd throw him in for a cameo.
Yeah maybe you're right. Spaced out that he worked there before buying it. He must have saved a lot of money be able to afford to buy it on a teacher's salary. :)

Yeah maybe you're right. Spaced out that he worked there before buying it. He must have saved a lot of money be able to afford to buy it on a teacher's salary. :)
black jack winnings was the initial cover story

I'm actually sad that we won't see Chuck anymore because of that guy's acting. Chuck was such an insufferable pr-ck, but that guy was so freakin good that he'd still have me cringing and feeling sorry for him and rooting for him to change, at times. Amazing performances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom