Bills vs Cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bills vs Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't hear the quoted part in the interview at all lol. I must have missed it, but I heard him say that "It's important for people to understand that me not picking somebody doesn't mean that I don't think they can be winners at the NFL level. We just made what we think was the right decision for the Buffalo Bills."

I guess I just don't see where Marrone did anything wrong. He's an NFL coach and he and the staff are making decisions to try to make the best NFL team possible. It's not his job to go on the air talking about Nassib everywhere to try to get him drafted. He's on the air to talk about his team.

1st paragraph - that has NOTHING to do with him not referring to him by name or somewhat selling him in the public.

2nd paragraph - you do realize that nassib and shamarko are every bit the reason that marrone got the bills job, right?

again - as ive pretty clearly stated - not drafting them isn't a huge deal. just like going to the bills isn't a big deal. He simply shows very little character in how he does those things.

I really don't get...

A) How is Marrone obligated to do this? Especially if he MIGHT have been lobbying for the Bills to draft them. If you want a guy this time of the year, you don't mention his name in risk of tipping off another team that wants the same prospect. And besides, there is so much misinformation and so many smoke screens regarding the draft that are put out in the media after the season ends that it's highly unlikely that any of the other teams in the league would have put too much stock into it anyway.

And... B) You don't think that the scouts from each team don't do enough to be able to draw their own conclusion as to where they value the kid without a vote of confidence from the kids college coach? To me you're just looking for a reason to paint Marrone in a bad light to further your disdain for him, and you're really grasping at straws in doing so on this point.

Nassib's scholarship was offered to him by Goober. I don't feel like doing the research to see if Thomas was or not.

I stand corrected. But Marrone did develop him from a 2 start recruit to a legit NFL prospect.

I didn't hear the quoted part in the interview at all lol. I must have missed it, but I heard him say that "It's important for people to understand that me not picking somebody doesn't mean that I don't think they can be winners at the NFL level. We just made what we think was the right decision for the Buffalo Bills."

I guess I just don't see where Marrone did anything wrong. He's an NFL coach and he and the staff are making decisions to try to make the best NFL team possible. It's not his job to go on the air talking about Nassib everywhere to try to get him drafted. He's on the air to talk about his team.

fair enough if that's your opinion of it.

But I couldnt disagree with you more. If everything was black and white, what he did was the right thing. But life, nor business for that matter is like that.

Marrone completely ignored 4 years worth of relationships specifically with Nassib. Personally, I wouldnt want to do business with Doug in the future.

fair enough if that's your opinion of it.

But I couldnt disagree with you more. If everything was black and white, what he did was the right thing. But life, nor business for that matter is like that.

Marrone completely ignored 4 years worth of relationships specifically with Nassib. Personally, I wouldnt want to do business with Doug in the future.

Yeah, I guess we'll just agree to disagree then. I don't think it's Marrone's job as an NFL coach to try to sell teams on his former players when he was a college coach.

I really don't get...

A) How is Marrone obligated to do this? Especially if he MIGHT have been lobbying for the Bills to draft them. If you want a guy this time of the year, you don't mention his name in risk of tipping off another team that wants the same prospect. And besides, there is so much misinformation and so many smoke screens regarding the draft that are put out in the media after the season ends that it's highly unlikely that any of the other teams in them league would have put too much stock into it anyway.

And... B) You don't think that the scouts from each team don't do enough to be able to draw their own conclusion as to where they value the kid without a vote of confidence from the kids college coach? To me you're just looking for a reason to paint Marrone in a bad light to further your disdain for him, and you're really grasping at straws in doing so on this point.

this is so ridiculous i cant even respond right now. I am going to dinner, but will get back to this tonight.

the only thing i'll say - is marrone isnt obligated. never said he was. but he actions more than likely at least contributed to 1 if the biggest free falls in draft history.

Yeah, I guess we'll just agree to disagree then. I don't think it's Marrone's job as an NFL coach to try to sell teams on his former players when he was a college coach.

i think you are misconstruing the selling portion of it.

the guy didnt use his name in post draft interviews... think about that.

Ahhhh so Marrone is "tricking" people and "owes" people. Sounds to me sir like you are just the type of person my post described. IMO

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Two types of people: one treats others with respect, the other thinks he can get ahead by stepping on and over people. Marrone falls into the 2nd category. His schtick won't last long with the NFL.

this is so ridiculous i cant even respond right now. I am going to dinner, but will get back to this tonight.

the only thing i'll say - is marrone isnt obligated. never said he was. but he actions more than likely at least contributed to 1 if the biggest free falls in draft history.

It's not ridiculous in the least. it's how the NFL works.

Enjoy your dinner...

Ahhhh so Marrone is "tricking" people and "owes" people. Sounds to me sir like you are just the type of person my post described. IMO

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, ok bud.

I really don't get...

A) How is Marrone obligated to do this? Especially if he MIGHT have been lobbying for the Bills to draft them. If you want a guy this time of the year, you don't mention his name in risk of tipping off another team that wants the same prospect. And besides, there is so much misinformation and so many smoke screens regarding the draft that are put out in the media after the season ends that it's highly unlikely that any of the other teams in the league would have put too much stock into it anyway.

Sorry... none of this is that ridiculous. I guess I just got heated when I saw the bolded. IMO, that isnt the case at all.

My take on this ... two key numbers ...

0 => number of Oregon players taken by Chip Kelly
3 => number of Pac-12 players from other teams taken by Chip Kelly ...

Marrone is what Marrone is ... an NFL guy that wants to do what he feels is best based on what system he will run ... that is all folks.

Bills vs. Cuse?

I'd say the Bills would win 59-0. 7 TDs, 2 safeties. In the 4th, they start kicking long FGs out of pity and hit two.

Nothing to be ashamed about. It's just a different game.

My take on this ... two key numbers ...

0 => number of Oregon players taken by Chip Kelly
3 => number of Pac-12 players from other teams taken by Chip Kelly ...

Marrone is what Marrone is ... an NFL guy that wants to do what he feels is best based on what system he will run ... that is all folks.

The issue is that Chip Kelly didnt have the prime opportunity to draft players of need and he didnt pick 2 very surprising picks instead of his former players.

apples and oranges

My opinion of certain posters on this forum has plummeted over the last few days. There are posters here who are emotionally unstable to put it mildly.

For the last time - it is not that he left us. That is clear and everyone says it. It is beyond stupid that it has to be explained again. Not 1 person says anything different. Nobody thinks that the syracuse job is a bigger job than the bills job. Literally not 1 person in the entire world, let alone on this forum.

Its how he left us. PERIOD. So right from the start your post is wrong about the fan base.

Onto Nassib, ill copy and paste what I wrote earlier:

To sum it up, he didn't owe Nassib the 16th draft pick... but he owed him a heckuva a lot more than being his college coach who tricked everyone into thinking he was going to take his former pupil, then drafting someone totally random, then not even acknowledging Nassib by name in post 1st round interviews. He could have at least taken the opportunity to sell Nassib to other teams. Instead he did the exact opposite - scared teams into wondering why he wanted nothing to do with him.

He basically did the same thing to #shamarko in taking a totally random guy over him. It's 1 thing to do it once - it looks VERY odd to do it twice. We are talking about 2 players who were overwhelmingly the consensus better player than the 1 that Marrone took.

You can get on your high horse and chastise the fan base all you want. But every point you are making is wrong. There is nothing wrong with losing respect for Marrone. I have lost a ton of it. But they are all from different reasons than your post. And they are all pretty legit IMO

This post...wow.

I don't know what's worse...the post, or that three posters actually liked it.

Do you honestly believe that Marrone "tricked everyone into thinking he was going to take" Nassib? Seriously?

That EJ Manuel and Duke Williams are "totally random" players?

My mind is seriously blown. "Delusional" simply doesn't do this post justice.

This post...wow.

I don't know what's worse...the post, or that three posters actually liked it.

Do you honestly believe that Marrone "tricked everyone into thinking he was going to take" Nassib? Seriously?

That EJ Manuel and Duke Williams are "totally random" players?

My mind is seriously blown. "Delusional" simply doesn't do this post justice.
1. Do you believe that NFL front offices don't engage in deception to misdirect other teams?
2. Was the consensus viewpoint that Buffalo "reached" on both prospects? Certainly not "random" but good picks in the positions they were taken?
3. Forums are a place for discussion, is that "delusional?"

1. Do you believe that NFL front offices don't engage in deception to misdirect other teams?

Of course they do. But Marrone didn't do this for the purpose of trying to screw over Nassib as ATL appears to believe.

2. Was the consensus viewpoint that Buffalo "reached" on both prospects? Certainly not "random" but good picks in the positions they were taken?

The consensus from tv talking heads, or actual NFL executives? I was watching NFL network and Mike Mayock praised both players.

3. Forums are a place for discussion, is that "delusional?"

Yes. Thinking Marrone is out to get everyone associated with Syracuse University is incredibly "delusional."

Of course they do. But Marrone didn't do this for the purpose of trying to screw over Nassib as ATL appears to believe.

The consensus from tv talking heads, or actual NFL executives? I was watching NFL network and Mike Mayock praised both players.

Yes. Thinking Marrone is out to get everyone associated with Syracuse University is incredibly "delusional."
1. Dougie's motive and intent are moot, the result is what matters...
2. TV "talking heads" tend to be former players and/or execs, one opinion again is not the point, was the consensus opinion that Buffalo "reached" on their picks? Yes...
3. Again, results matter, see above...
I myself have enjoyed these discussions today, and that's not "delusional"...

2. TV "talking heads" tend to be former players and/or execs, one opinion again is not the point, was the consensus opinion that Buffalo "reached" on their picks? Yes...

1. Nassib would have been a reach at 16 too.
2. Most agreed that Duke Williams talent wise was a 2nd rounder that fell because he's gotten in trouble a few times. Shamarko would have been a reach there too if not for his ridiculous combine that saved him.
3. The Bills reached on guys because they were higher on their board than they were on the "draft experts". You could say that about literally every team in any league in any draft.

1. Nassib would have been a reach at 16 too.
2. Most agreed that Duke Williams talent wise was a 2nd rounder that fell because he's gotten in trouble a few times. Shamarko would have been a reach there too if not for his ridiculous combine that saved him.
3. The Bills reached on guys because they were higher on their board than they were on the "draft experts". You could say that about literally every team in any league in any draft.
I concur counselor...
They have a right to draft whatever prospects they desire...
But, I have the right to disagree with those picks, and to voice that opinion on this forum... That's not "delusional."

I concur counselor...
They have a right to draft whatever prospects them desire...
But, I have the right to disagree with those picks, and to voice that opinion on this forum... That's not "delusional."

It sounds like you, along with some others, have been implying that Marrone was trying to screw over all of the Syracuse players just because the team that he works for happened to like other players. It's a little delusional to imply that Marrone was doing anything besides his job.

It sounds like you, along with some others, have been implying that Marrone was trying to screw over all of the Syracuse players just because the team that he works for happened to like other players. It's a little delusional to imply that Marrone was doing anything besides his job.
No, I did not imply that was Dougie's motive/intent...
But, what did Dougie's actions or inactions result in?
Don't know about others, but that's my point...

No, I did not imply that was Dougie's motive/intent...
But, what did Dougie's action or inactions result in?
Don't know about others, but that's my point...

I just don't understand why that matters. He was doing his job. The players did what they could. They all now have a chance to make their dreams come true by playing in the NFL.

I just don't understand why that matters. He was doing his job. The players did what they could. They all now have a chance to make their dreams come true by playing in the NFL.
Let's just leave it at that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors