Buddy Boeheim | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

He hits the three 27% of the time, and frankly I've almost violently pulled my big screen off the wall watching him miss wide open threes five times in a row while a guy named Hauser absolutely destroys us. Season in season out, last 5-6 years, same sh##.
it actually 7 years but who's counting..The F4 in 16 and S16 in 18 only camoflauged the problems. It's not getting better until there is a change at the top.

He said the top 4 shooters are all shooting close to the same amount of shots.
The gap between 1 and 4 is 5 shots per game.

That isn’t close to the same.
Buddy shoots to much. The response he gave implied they are close to equal.
They aren’t.
With Buddy’s shooting percentages he shouldn’t be leading the team in shots.
MikeSU broke down the numbers.

All from his post.

Buddy is now (out of the six guys that play):

35.7 mpg (first on the team)
15.0 FGA/game (first on the team)
14.5 PPG (third on the team)
38% FG
27% 3PT
USG 23.6% (2nd to AG)
TS% 46% (last - remember, this includes FT shooting)
eFG 44% (last)

His BPM is lowest out of the six guys by a country mile. JGIII is second to last at 2.6. Buddy is at 0.4.

His WS (win share) is lowest. His WS/40 is lowest.
I guess we have different opinions on what "isn't that much" means.

Again, I don't see any false narratives here. You do.
1611703875708.gif

His mistakes are a result of his shooting slump, which is what his main job is. He's beating himself up about it and it's affecting his mental game. So yelling at him isn't going to give him more confidence to get his mind right to make shots. Probably would have the opposite.
Another rationalization. How about sitting his ass down for a few? Maybe that will get his attention.

Who was the last shooting guard we signed up for a schollie - excluding Buddy?

JC - PG
Goodine - PG
JG - PG
Kadary - PG

Tyus Battle?

Alan Griffen is a SG out and out and not a SF.

He's poor defensively on the wing but probably would be OK up top.

Just switching him and Buddy would help.

Except Carey can’t shoot.

He’s a point guard who can’t run the point, and a shooting guard who cannot shoot.

Right, but if I add just one made three per game to his totals he's shooting 211% from three this season. Sooooooooo, he can shoot a little bit.

Another rationalization. How about sitting his ass down for a few? Maybe that will get his attention.
Okay coach know it all. I expect Buddy to get on track soon and the team to go on a winning streak and you and your ilk to shut up or find some other issue to rant about.

Ok sure, lets just give Buddy some Icy Hot and a copper sleeve and let him take every shot.
I will use baseball as an example. Hitters go into slumps, like 1 hit in 40 at bats, they're not seeing the ball or they have some little glitch in their swing and it seems hopeless. Then they rip a sharp hit, maybe it;s an out, but the contact was great and the swing was in form. And it clicks in their mind, the pressure comes off and they go on a tear and hit .450 over the next month. how you get that hitter, or shooter to get their mind to click isn't a science, more like a religious leap of faith or something similar, An epiphany. There is no method that you can employ to force it to happen. But if that person is a good to great hitter or shooter, it will happen.

I will use baseball as an example. Hitters go into slumps, like 1 hit in 40 at bats, they're not seeing the ball or they have some little glitch in their swing and it seems hopeless. Then they rip a sharp hit, maybe it;s an out, but the contact was great and the swing was in form. And it clicks in their mind, the pressure comes off and they go on a tear and hit .450 over the next month. how you get that hitter, or shooter to get their mind to click isn't a science, more like a religious leap of faith or something similar, An epiphany. There is no method that you can employ to force it to happen. But if that person is a good to great hitter or shooter, it will happen.

Okay, this all makes more sense to me now. I think I get what you're saying, like Buddy is our Gary Sanchez, and this scenario would be like if Gary Sanchez Sr. was the Manager of the Yankees?

could someone tell me why Buddy never gets a tongue lashing or embarrassed by coach on national TV like other players so for making fewer mistakes?

Probably because it’s his son and father-son relationships don’t always work like that. Their communication is different. Boeheim has had players in the past he never or almost never demonstrably yelled at. Melo, Andy, Triche, Wes come to mind.

Okay, this all makes more sense to me now. I think I get what you're saying, like Buddy is our Gary Sanchez, and this scenario would be like if Gary Sanchez Sr. was the Manager of the Yankees?
If Gary Sanchez Sr was one of, if not the greatest coach in baseball history, then yes. I trust our coaches intent and methods.

I played SG in college and agree with you. My point on Buddy is that sitting him an extra 5 minutes per half will be good for him and for the team. Thats all. Most players benefit from a break. Jim likes to say that the kids dont get that tired because of TV time outs and regular TOs. I agree that physically for the most point that is true but he doesn't address being mentally tired. Simply put there are very few players who deserve and or can play well for 35 minutes or more a game. Given Buddys poor shooting and overall game he certainly doesn't warrant that much PT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom