Buddy Boeheim | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

Okay coach know it all. I expect Buddy to get on track soon and the team to go on a winning streak and you and your ilk to shut up or find some other issue to rant about.
Is this Jimmy junior??? It's nice that you come here and stick up for your little brother.

All right people after last night just be respectful and everyone cool down.

The opinion on Buddy is established.

The numbers show the opinions have a lot of merit.

The flooding of the negativity is affecting people.
Good posters don’t want the same point hammered day after day( it’s a fair point and I am 100% being honest)
Couscuse is an idealist he doesn’t deal with facts. So just let it be.
I am honestly done with the basketball board for a little bit.
Others should consider it as well.
The football board, OT sports boards are fine.

The negativity on this board i guess has reached the boiling point.

I was going to call JB’s show on Thursday now after last night I am not. The thread deflated a lot of incentive. Just let the negativity go away for a little bit.

His mistakes are a result of his shooting slump, which is what his main job is. He's beating himself up about it and it's affecting his mental game. So yelling at him isn't going to give him more confidence to get his mind right to make shots. Probably would have the opposite.
Honest question - don't you think that logic would apply to all the other players?

I will use baseball as an example. Hitters go into slumps, like 1 hit in 40 at bats, they're not seeing the ball or they have some little glitch in their swing and it seems hopeless. Then they rip a sharp hit, maybe it;s an out, but the contact was great and the swing was in form. And it clicks in their mind, the pressure comes off and they go on a tear and hit .450 over the next month. how you get that hitter, or shooter to get their mind to click isn't a science, more like a religious leap of faith or something similar, An epiphany. There is no method that you can employ to force it to happen. But if that person is a good to great hitter or shooter, it will happen.

Bill Buckner won a batting title. But look where that got him 6 years later. And what he'll always be remembered for (that, and a funny appearance on Curb Your Enthusiasm).

Defense is half the game, too. Coach has stated emphatically, for many years, that he recruits for his zone, including longer athletic guards.

I was going to call JB’s show on Thursday now after last night I am not. The thread deflated a lot of incentive. Just let the negativity go away for a little bit.

Uhhhhhh, you still need to call the show. We were all going to tune in. :(

Bill Buckner won a batting title. But look where that got him 6 years later. And what he'll always be remembered for (that, and a funny appearance on Curb Your Enthusiasm).

Defense is half the game, too. Coach has stated emphatically, for many years, that he recruits for his zone, including longer athletic guards.
I thought they were deemphasizing defense somewhat and going to a higher scoring offense with multiple 3 point threats on the floor. I thought that's what everyone wanted, at least those who post on SFan.

He's taking bad shots, compare Buddy's look and set to Hauser. Buddy is rushed and his feet aren't set. Never mind the YMCA move in the lane adopted by him and AG and Marek. Hauser looked like Chris Mullin in comparison.
That's your move!! I kept thinking where have I seen this, where have I seen that move???

All right people after last night just be respectful and everyone cool down.

The opinion on Buddy is established.

The numbers show the opinions have a lot of merit.

The flooding of the negativity is affecting people.
Good posters don’t want the same point hammered day after day( it’s a fair point and I am 100% being honest)
Couscuse is an idealist he doesn’t deal with facts. So just let it be.
I am honestly done with the basketball board for a little bit.
Others should consider it as well.
The football board, OT sports boards are fine.

The negativity on this board i guess has reached the boiling point.

The negativity is the result of a number of things.

The main thing being the downward spiral of this basketball program.

Heard Clint Westwood or is that East wood got a new movie comin out. It's a remake and the title is "The Good, The Bad and Buddy Boeheim

Cuseky8214, thanks for posting this video!! I love it. Jimmy's dream school was North Carolina and Buddy treated him like an alien. Buddy was and always will have orange flowing in his blood. I love the dive into an average day for Buddy outside of basketball, loves to golf and fish. Jay-Z said what ups to JB and he asked Buddy, who is that, lol. Likes the Marvel series, tries to watch them in order, loves Space Jam and Shawshank Redeption. Funniest team mate - Jon Bol with Marek a close second. Best dressed and worst dressed. Quincy - Best Dressed along with Hughes, Jon Bol - worse. Which team mate would he not want to date his sister Jaime, Jon Bol again, lol. Jon Bol sounds like he is a barrel of monkeys to be around. He says Sidibe will have the most sucess off the court, he speaks four languages, wow. I like Buddy, a big pizza guy. Twin Trees, Utica Pizza. I love pizza! Definitely a Jordan guy!! Hopes to end up back at SU as a coach. Tom Brady guy, puke. Awesome interview, thanks.

He truly is a tremendous kid. Would be hard to blame him if he carried around some entitlement but he does not. I’m so happy for him for that run he had in the ACC AND NCAA tourney last year because no one works harder than Buddy. I think the weight of being the coaches son might have burdened him at times in the past, but that won’t be a problem anymore. He knows he’s one of the top scorers in the ACC and maybe even the country next year. Although he lacks athleticism/quickness for the NBA level, I wouldn’t put it past him to carve out a role at the next level. And honestly, I think he would make a tremendous coach when his playing days are over.

He truly is a tremendous kid. Would be hard to blame him if he carried around some entitlement but he does not. I’m so happy for him for that run he had in the ACC AND NCAA tourney last year because no one works harder than Buddy. I think the weight of being the coaches son might have burdened him at times in the past, but that won’t be a problem anymore. He knows he’s one of the top scorers in the ACC and maybe even the country next year. Although he lacks athleticism/quickness for the NBA level, I wouldn’t put it past him to carve out a role at the next level. And honestly, I think he would make a tremendous coach when his playing days are over.
Hes got that Hop personality. He is super nice so will need a hard arse at his side like Devo. Moms will love him.

I think his run also vindicated JB

From the article - "Boeheim could come back for a fifth year, something afforded to all college basketball players by the NCAA amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. But Jim Boeheim has noted that it’s one and done for Buddy Boeheim."

So its official that this is Buddy's last year???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom