Buddy Boeheim | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

From the article - "Boeheim could come back for a fifth year, something afforded to all college basketball players by the NCAA amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. But Jim Boeheim has noted that it’s one and done for Buddy Boeheim."

So its official that this is Buddy's last year???
yes

With both Buddy and Jr being done after this year, wouldnt be shocked at ALL if JB does the Roy move and calls it (unless he wants one more year with the 2022 class). I always thought he wanted to end on a “high” but I think he sees his buds not “having” to do it and doesnt change their narrative

From the article - "Boeheim could come back for a fifth year, something afforded to all college basketball players by the NCAA amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. But Jim Boeheim has noted that it’s one and done for Buddy Boeheim."

So its official that this is Buddy's last year???
Random thought came to me today on this. Is JB saying this to ensure we get the commitment from one of his targeted shooting guards?

If we get a full season of February and March Buddy then he definitely will be playing in the Association.
That is going to be very, very interesting. Hope so, but i'm not sure about that.

Have you seen industry chatter about Buddy's NBA prospects? One thing to put up big scoring numbers in college, but i wonder how GMs feel about how he might be able to defend. Even a Player of the Year like Luka Garza isn't very highly-regarded in that respect. Random citation:

"Garza is the best player in college basketball but is more of a late first to mid second round type of NBA prospect, mainly due to his lack of ideal mobility and burst. He’s a great college player and most likely a role/bench player in the NBA.

He’s a hugely talented player and his elite skill level and brute strength help make up for his lack of pure speed. On offense he’s got a million little ways to beat you and has uncanny touch around the basket.

His development as an outside shooter helps his draft stock a lot.

His lack of mobility will be a huge liability on defense at the NBA level and he’ll likely get abused in the pick and roll."

Watching... yeah, i'll say it... a bunch of white guy shooters in these playoffs, is both revealing and confusing. Kevin Huerter has really good athleticism. Joe Ingles, not so much. But, he has size and strenghth, i guess. Bogdanovich, the same? Joe Harris? Is he a comp for Buddy? If not, who?

I've seen online discussion of Buddy in the second round, and that was after the torrid March. But, i wonder if there's any upside from that? What could he do next season to improve that? Even more consistency offensively (not another slow-ish start) doesn't mitigate the issues.

That is going to be very, very interesting. Hope so, but i'm not sure about that.

Have you seen industry chatter about Buddy's NBA prospects? One thing to put up big scoring numbers in college, but i wonder how GMs feel about how he might be able to defend. Even a Player of the Year like Luka Garza isn't very highly-regarded in that respect. Random citation:

"Garza is the best player in college basketball but is more of a late first to mid second round type of NBA prospect, mainly due to his lack of ideal mobility and burst. He’s a great college player and most likely a role/bench player in the NBA.

He’s a hugely talented player and his elite skill level and brute strength help make up for his lack of pure speed. On offense he’s got a million little ways to beat you and has uncanny touch around the basket.

His lack of mobility will be a huge liability on defense at the NBA level and he’ll likely get abused in the pick and roll."

Watching... yeah, i'll say it... a bunch of white guy shooters in these playoffs, is both revealing and confusing. Kevin Huerter has really good athleticism. Joe Ingles, not so much. But, he has size and strenghth, i guess. Bogdanovich, the same? Joe Harris? Is he a comp for Buddy? If not, who?

I've seen online discussion of Buddy in the second round, and that was after the torrid March. But, i wonder if there's any upside from that? What could he do next season to improve that? Even more consistency offensively (not another slow-ish start) doesn't mitigate the issues.

I think maybe Harris is a good comparison. I think Buddy will kill it this year. Pretty sure we and he would have had a better season had he not contracted Covid. We probably have 2-3 more wins at least. Will be interesting to see if he expands his game going to the basket.

You're describing Garza's path like it's a bad thing. If Buddy gets his degree from SU and then is selected in the second round why would he not pursue that? Sounds like a huge accomplishment to me.

Was wondering about this a bit last night as well. Is Kennard that much more athletic than Buddy? I could see Buddy filling a similar role.

You're describing Garza's path like it's a bad thing. If Buddy gets his degree from SU and then is selected in the second round why would he not pursue that? Sounds like a huge accomplishment to me.
Huh? I wasn't describing Garza's path. I noted the situation he's in, which is based on assessments of people who make mock drafts. I don't do that. I've never even seen the guy play for more than five minutes. I have no opinion on him.

re: Buddy—similarly, i didn't judge any decision he is likely to make, about whether or not to pursue the NBA, after next year or the year after that. I have no dog in the fight. My only question was about the expressed sentiment in this thread and elsewhere, that because Buddy had a hot March, he's going to be a surefire NBA player. Of course he should go/try if he's going to be drafted. I hope he does well. I just am wondering about how GMs are going to assess his potential in the NBA. It's a big jump, and we've seen our players with far greater 'athletic gifts' who, when in the NBA... struggle. Because it's not just about being a 'good shooter.'

Is Kispert of Gonzaga that much better a player than Buddy? Full disclosure I am not a fan of Kispert's game but I see him still listed in most 1st round mocks. If he can be considered it is not out of the realm that Buddy sneaks in also.

Is Kispert of Gonzaga that much better a player than Buddy? Full disclosure I am not a fan of Kispert's game but I see him still listed in most 1st round mocks. If he can be considered it is not out of the realm that Buddy sneaks in also.
They play different positions hard to compare

4629A157-3472-4F48-8BE4-A2860A8283F5.jpeg
O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors