Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Was hoping at Miami would be later in the season.

Yeah I wish the Miami game could be in December, otherwise it's pretty much a perfect schedule.

3 1:00 EST Home games in September
Thanksgiving Game
Plenty of Primetime games
No real tough stretches outside of Weeks 11-14 IMO.

Amazing, 2 years ago pretty much every game was a 1pm eastern start, now were getting multiple Monday night games, Thanksgiving again and probably more. Winning really does cure all.

The 1 PM start is easily the best slot IMO.

The 1 PM start is easily the best slot IMO.

1:00 games when you're actually at the game and the weather is still nice are the best. But I love watching other games and I'm huge into fantasy football so 1:00 games can also be annoying.

I've only sat in The Rockpile. How hard on a pair of old legs would the 300 level be?
Vivid or Ticketmaster?

I'm not sure what the point of this statement is although I do note the attendance of NYS reps. The State is suddenly flush with cash and an imperiled Governor. That combo could be a good thing (forgetting for the moment misgivings about govt. subsidized stadiums).

I'm not sure what the point of this statement is although I do note the attendance of NYS reps. The State is suddenly flush with cash and an imperiled Governor. That combo could be a good thing (forgetting for the moment misgivings about govt. subsidized stadiums).
Not flush with cash: just the gov buying love.

Last edited:
The stadium exploration seems to be big enough news that it was on the ESPN radio quick rundown as major sports on my way to the gym.

Said it would be a “scaled down version of recent palaces built”.

Have the state pitch in for things that would help the entire area (parking, roads, etc.) the Pegulas should still pay for most of it.

Figuring out where to put new Bills/Sabres stadiums is like figuring out gun control. Almost impossible to come up with something that the majority of people are going to be happy with. To me it would be ideal to have them next door to each other downtown somewhere so that all of the parking is shared and not wasting a ton of space on lots that will be empty 300+ days a year. A lot of people will complain and hate that because the tailgating won't be the same. I just don't know how to fix the infrastructure to accommodate 70,000+ on a Sunday morning because it certainly can't at this time.

Figuring out where to put new Bills/Sabres stadiums is like figuring out gun control. Almost impossible to come up with something that the majority of people are going to be happy with. To me it would be ideal to have them next door to each other downtown somewhere so that all of the parking is shared and not wasting a ton of space on lots that will be empty 300+ days a year. A lot of people will complain and hate that because the tailgating won't be the same. I just don't know how to fix the infrastructure to accommodate 70,000+ on a Sunday morning because it certainly can't at this time.

The one thing downtown Buffalo does not need is more surface parking. If a downtown stadium were to happen, it would be great if the state worked with the Bills/Sabres to really beef up mass transit options to downtown from the northtowns/southtowns/airport. The tailgating scene would be completely altered, but I'm sure people would adapt. Or maybe they can just build a floating stadium in Lake Erie?

Why do they need a new stadium in the first place then? Luxury box issue?

Why do they need a new stadium in the first place then? Luxury box issue?
Yeah, it opened in 1973. They've done about as much as possible as far as renovations go. It's also 20+ mins south of the city in the middle of nothing. It's not falling apart or anything but it is kind of a concrete craphole at this point compared to most other places. People obviously still love it but there's only 32 NFL teams and having 1 is a big deal and a franchise worth $2B+ should have something a lot nicer at this point.

Yeah, it opened in 1973. They've done about as much as possible as far as renovations go. It's also 20+ mins south of the city in the middle of nothing. It's not falling apart or anything but it is kind of a concrete craphole at this point compared to most other places. People obviously still love it but there's only 32 NFL teams and having 1 is a big deal and a franchise worth $2B+ should have something a lot nicer at this point.

Yeah, makes sense.

This may be an inaccurate hot take colored by my Giants fan bias but I feel like teams often seem to lose a lot of atmosphere moving into these new buildings. NY Giants, GS Warriors, even my Lakers(20 years ago already lol), Yankees, Mets...the old buildings seemed louder and wilder.

Yeah, makes sense.

This may be an inaccurate hot take colored by my Giants fan bias but I feel like teams often seem to lose a lot of atmosphere moving into these new buildings. NY Giants, GS Warriors, even my Lakers(20 years ago already lol), Yankees, Mets...the old buildings seemed louder and wilder.
It's probably accurate but most likely has nothing to do with the actual stadium itself and more with what happens with most new stadiums. The cost increases significantly with PSLs and all of that crap and the clientele starts to shift to a more business casual crowd from the die hard crowd. It happened with the Sabres as they became really good around 2007 and shortly after it became more of a suit jacket crowd and the atmosphere became awful.

It's probably accurate but most likely has nothing to do with the actual stadium itself and more with what happens with most new stadiums. The cost increases significantly with PSLs and all of that crap and the clientele starts to shift to a more business casual crowd from the die hard crowd. It happened with the Sabres as they became really good around 2007 and shortly after it became more of a suit jacket crowd and the atmosphere became awful.

Yeah exactly, only the truly big games are worth going to now when factoring in the costs of tickets/concessions/parking vs staying home.

I just don't know how to fix the infrastructure to accommodate 70,000+ on a Sunday morning because it certainly can't at this time.
That would be a massive headache, without mass transit being majorly revamped, as shandeezy said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom