Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

I can't shake the annoyance level after last night's game.

We moved the ball between the 20's the entire game - really without much effort. Then our play calling just goes to complete crap when we get inside the red zone.

No creativity, no QB RPO's. The Zach Moss run was a complete waste on 1st and Goal from the 6. Poor execution across the board, and so many mistakes that can be controlled - mental mistakes.

I love Josh Allen and thought he played a really good game last night. But the sack he took was completely on him. He loses his mind when the first read isn't there sometimes.

The more I see, the more I don't trust McDermott to get us past this level. There are too many red flags to me that have nothing to do with personnel and physical capabilities. The talent, outside of probably the interior offensive line, is there to be competitive at the highest levels.

We moved the ball between the 20's the entire game - really without much effort. Then our play calling just goes to complete crap when we get inside the red zone.

No creativity, no QB RPO's. The Zach Moss run was a complete waste on 1st and Goal from the 6. Poor execution across the board, and so many mistakes that can be controlled - mental mistakes.

I love Josh Allen and thought he played a really good game last night. But the sack he took was completely on him. He loses his mind when the first read isn't there sometimes.

The more I see, the more I don't trust McDermott to get us past this level. There are too many red flags to me that have nothing to do with personnel and physical capabilities. The talent, outside of probably the interior offensive line, is there to be competitive at the highest levels.

The kicker on OL issues is I watch teams lose OL players left and right and the one thing they can usually still do is run the ball with some consistency. Pass blocking is where you start to run into issues, typically, when starters go down.

We run the ball worse than anyone in the league from a traditional RB standpoint.

The red zone issues are a direct correlation between run woes and lack of creativity.

Daboll inevitably wastes a down every time with a useless handoff. We rarely run Allen. No jet sweep action, ever. No passes to the flat for run after catch, no bubble screens/tunnel screens for Beasley, Diggs or Sanders. It’s basically just run off guard for no gain or throw to the end zone.

The kicker on OL issues is I watch teams lose OL players left and right and the one thing they can usually still do is run the ball with some consistency. Pass blocking is where you start to run into issues, typically, when starters go down.

We run the ball worse than anyone in the league from a traditional RB standpoint.

The red zone issues are a direct correlation between run woes and lack of creativity.

Daboll inevitably wastes a down every time with a useless handoff. We rarely run Allen. No jet sweep action, ever. No passes to the flat for run after catch, no bubble screens/tunnel screens for Beasley, Diggs or Sanders. It’s basically just run off guard for no gain or throw to the end zone.
A few weeks back we ran a couple of power sweeps for Allen with three OL pulling in front of him. Looked like an awesome play. It's apparently been placed in the dustbin of history.

A few weeks back we ran a couple of power sweeps for Allen with three OL pulling in front of him. Looked like an awesome play. It's apparently been placed in the dustbin of history.

That's classic Daboll, we run the same plays ton death and when we finally try something new that works it disappears.

If we lose to Tampa Bay, who y’all rooting for in Indy/NE…

NE loses to Indy, and we beat CAR, NE, ATL and NYJ, Buffalo wins the division.

But if we lose to NE again, Indy could be the team that takes our playoff spot.

Colts are 7-6 with Pats, Cardinals, Raiders & Jags.

Colts. I think they're getting in the playoffs regardless and I'd rather go into Foxboro and take back the division.

Bills fans the Bills are +190 to win the AFC East.
That is really good value if you guys feel they will win in Foxboro.

If you guys want to make some money and think you guys will win rematch plunk down some coin on the Bills to win the East.

What level would that be? A Super Bowl and a super bowl win? Very few coaches get to that point.

McDermott has gone to the playoffs 3 of 4 years. He broke the playoff drought and he was the head coach that took the Bills to AFC championship for the first time in over 25 years. People need to pump the breaks a bit on the criticism of McDermott, IMO. He is not perfect but he's been damn good, in fact better than that since he got to Buffalo. If he and Bean are in lockstep on the roster construction than sure I can see some criticism for this past off season. However, he has done a great job getting Buffalo to a consistent playoff contender and this season has really sucked but they still have a very solid shot to make the playoffs.

It's no secret that defenses have made serious adjustments this year to what made them so successful on offense last year. They have work to do but it can get a lot worse

What level would that be? A Super Bowl and a super bowl win? Very few coaches get to that point.

McDermott has gone to the playoffs 3 of 4 years. He broke the playoff drought and he was the head coach that took the Bills to AFC championship for the first time in over 25 years. People need to pump the breaks a bit on the criticism of McDermott, IMO. He is not perfect but he's been damn good, in fact better than that since he got to Buffalo. If he and Bean are in lockstep on the roster construction than sure I can see some criticism for this past off season. However, he has done a great job getting Buffalo to a consistent playoff contender and this season has really sucked but they still have a very solid shot to make the playoffs.

It's no secret that defenses have made serious adjustments this year to what made them so successful on offense last year. They have work to do but it can get a lot worse

I think it's a little too early to be concerned with McDermott, but to win a Super Bowl you're gonna have to beat the Belichicks/Reids/Harbaughs of the world

Bills fans the Bills are +190 to win the AFC East.
That is really good value if you guys feel they will win in Foxboro.

If you guys want to make some money and think you guys will win rematch plunk down some coin on the Bills to win the East.

None of us are confident in winning anything right now.

My issue is more with “McBeane”, in regards to personnel, of which Beane and McDermott are definitely in lockstep.

Every fan, all off-season, was pleading to upgrade the RB’s, let Feliciano walk and sign/draft interior OL early.

Maybe the drafting of Rousseau/Boogie back to back pays dividends in the coming years, but their roster management is really hurting us this year, and - somehow - every fan saw it coming.

5.jpg

My issue is more with “McBeane”, in regards to personnel, of which Beane and McDermott are definitely in lockstep.

Every fan, all off-season, was pleading to upgrade the RB’s, let Feliciano walk and sign/draft interior OL early.

Maybe the drafting of Rousseau/Boogie back to back pays dividends in the coming years, but their roster management is really hurting us this year, and - somehow - every fan saw it coming.

Point taken 100%

Bills issue was coaching.. Passing was only a problem on floated balls of course Diggs had the one deep ball he completely botched up. They never attacked the run until way too late as Pats didnt want to throw at all.

I wanted them to go 5 wide force the Pats to commit to how they wanted to play that.. Allen showed he could throw in the wind if we go 5 wide they either go cover zero to pass rush or they go cover 2 and rush 4 in which case Allen would have had room to run all night..

Allen doesnt take the sack they dont miss the first FG and t hen the 2nd one wins the game.

Bills issue was coaching.. Passing was only a problem on floated balls of course Diggs had the one deep ball he completely botched up. They never attacked the run until way too late as Pats didnt want to throw at all.

I wanted them to go 5 wide force the Pats to commit to how they wanted to play that.. Allen showed he could throw in the wind if we go 5 wide they either go cover zero to pass rush or they go cover 2 and rush 4 in which case Allen would have had room to run all night..

Allen doesnt take the sack they dont miss the first FG and t hen the 2nd one wins the game.
I do think that it took us too long to realize that Allen was capable of throwing the ball and I really can't believe we didn't use the Allen power runs that we all used to complain about using too much lol. Having said that, we should have won that game pretty easily if the players had just executed some of the plays that were called.

I do think that it took us too long to realize that Allen was capable of throwing the ball and I really can't believe we didn't use the Allen power runs that we all used to complain about using too much lol. Having said that, we should have won that game pretty easily if the players had just executed some of the plays that were called.
1000%. The lack of adjustments and poor execution are mind-boggling.

Lack of running with Allen is hard to really comprehend if we are honest about it. Games like that you have to adjust. I get it, ball control and limit taking hits. Agree. Ran too much and took too many hits first couple of years. But games like that… don’t handicap yourself intentionally.

Lack of running with Allen is hard to really comprehend if we are honest about it. Games like that you have to adjust. I get it, ball control and limit taking hits. Agree. Ran too much and took too many hits first couple of years. But games like that… don’t handicap yourself intentionally.
Agreed. It almost makes me wonder if Allen is dealing with an injury we don't know about. I mean, we literally had fans begging them to stop calling so many QB runs not long ago and then we end up in a game like that where it would seemingly be an obvious source of production and we didn't do it at all. Just really strange.

Agreed. It almost makes me wonder if Allen is dealing with an injury we don't know about. I mean, we literally had fans begging them to stop calling so many QB runs not long ago and then we end up in a game like that where it would seemingly be an obvious source of production and we didn't do it at all. Just really strange.
Can our coaching staff deadass look me directly in the eyes and tell me we don't score if we ran 4 straight QB runs from the 6? I know I am way oversimplifying this, but seriously... spread the field with 4 guys. Put a guy in motion. Go jumbo. Hell put a fullback in for no reason than to push Allen forward on a sneak from the 6 if you must. Formation is not really relevant. Let him make the play with his legs. At least try it.

Getting frustrated with Star's injuries

The guy has played a total of 4 games in the past 2 years. While the Bills run D is not solely on one or two guys, he has not been that clog that he once provided and his whole opt out last yr followed up with being placed in covid list this yr, has been beyond frustrating. Time to move on from Star and his baggage

The guy has played a total of 4 games in the past 2 years. While the Bills run D is not solely on one or two guys, he has not been that clog that he once provided and his whole opt out last yr followed up with being placed in covid list this yr, has been beyond frustrating. Time to move on from Star and his baggage

If Jordan Davis falls in the draft the Bills have to take him, he'd be the perfect Star replacement. People would hate taking another DL in the 1st but they need a reliable 1T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom